hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Lewis Stevenson

I just can’t understand how Lewis has managed to fool ten successive Hibs managers into playing him week in week out.

It’s almost as if people within the game know more than the odd roaster on a fans forum.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can’t get my head around why anyone would want to take a thread like this down a route of going out of their way to slate a player that has been a fantastic servant to the club.

It’s pathetic, even allowing for the “it’s a forum for opinions “ line of thinking, there’s a time and a place for it.

Like turning up uninvited to a funeral to tell the deceased’s family that you didn’t like him.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    There's always one

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    That's a ****ing embarrassing comparison and you should feel suitably ****ing ashamed of yourself for making it. Goodness me.
    Well TBH you did start all this crap dissing Lewis on a thread congratulating him on 500 appearances.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    So you can say what you want but other people can't?

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Harry Kane definitely had a few loan periods, he had a half season loan at Millwall where I think he went with the unfortunate Ryan Mason who was latter to get a bad head injury and had to retire fro the game. Pretty sure Kane and Mason went to Millwall as part of the same deal at the same time.
    Kane was on loan at Leicester. There's a photo of him, Vardy and Big Conrad on the bench

I'd agree with those describing one-club man as having played at only one club. Odd how animated people are getting either way though

Paul McGinn been awarded MoM today, but that can't be right because he didn't score? 😂

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I can’t get my head around why anyone would want to take a thread like this down a route of going out of their way to slate a player that has been a fantastic servant to the club.

It’s pathetic, even allowing for the “it’s a forum for opinions “ line of thinking, there’s a time and a place for it.

Like turning up uninvited to a funeral to tell the deceased’s family that you didn’t like him.
    So this being a fans forum where there are many differences of opinion, where is the time and place?

Si Ferry poked fun at Lewy on his podcast...

"Congratulations to Lewis Stevenson on his 500 appearances... 10 good games..."

Playing devil's advocate here before anyone gets on their high horse.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    So this being a fans forum where there are many differences of opinion, where is the time and place?

Si Ferry is a dick firstly.

Secondly the time and the place is not a thread congratulating a player on their 500th game for Hibs. It’s pretty simple.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Si Ferry is a dick firstly.

Secondly the time and the place is not a thread congratulating a player on their 500th game for Hibs. It’s pretty simple.
    Perhaps the thread title needs renamed

Si Ferry does produce entertaining content for Scottish Football fans to be fair to him.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

Si Ferry is known for being unfunny on a podcast and plays for Peterhead, Lewis Stevenson is a one of a kind club legend. I don’t think Lewis will be paying any attention to the wee neds rambling.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

I can’t believe it needs explaining, to be honest.

You said you are playing devil’s advocate so I’m guessing it’s a rhetorical question.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Si Ferry. Dearie me.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Perhaps the thread title needs renamed

Si Ferry does produce entertaining content for Scottish Football fans to be fair to him.
    His interviews are decent, his “patter” with Slane and Kyle is rank rotten.

Are you agreeing that this thread should not be turned in to a discussion about the demerits of a player when the thread is celebrating them making 500 appearances for the club?

The poster in question seems to have gone dark for now so maybe let’s get this back on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Of course he is. He was contracted to Spurs the entire time and the purpose of the loans was to ready him for their first team. Your argument is ridiculous.
    I know exactly what the purpose of the loans were, you can stop saying that now.

It really isn't ridiculous to suggest a one club man should only play for one club. It's the definition provided by Wikipedia. Chelsea have just sold Lucas Piazon after 7 loans over 9 years. He played 1 league match for them. Ever. Was he a one club man until he was sold? Where does it end?

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Si Ferry is known for being unfunny on a podcast and plays for Peterhead, Lewis Stevenson is a one of a kind club legend. I don’t think Lewis will be paying any attention to the wee neds rambling.
    Funny or not he was only joking- he always tries to make a one liner and it was pre-prepared. He also said he's known Lewis since they were young players and he was a great guy. Him and the other 3 on the show then went on to praise him highly for his career.

Maybe Simon Ferry can get his Scottish and League cup medals out and show Lewis how they were won.....

Congrats due to Lewis, quite an achievement, no matter what your opinion of him is.

2 - that’s how many Lewis has.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I know exactly what the purpose of the loans were, you can stop saying that now.

It really isn't ridiculous to suggest a one club man should only play for one club. It's the definition provided by Wikipedia. Chelsea have just sold Lucas Piazon after 7 loans over 9 years. He played 1 league match for them. Ever. Was he a one club man until he was sold? Where does it end?
    Tbf though the definition on wikipedia is the opinion of whoever created the article, unless they are referencing an external source.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergos View Post
    Maybe Simon Ferry can get his Scottish and League cup medals out and show Lewis how they were won.....

Congrats due to Lewis, quite an achievement, no matter what your opinion of him is.

2 - that’s how many Lewis has.

GGTTH
    Hopefully becoming 3 shortly 👍

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post

Are you agreeing that this thread should not be turned in to a discussion about the demerits of a player when the thread is celebrating them making 500 appearances for the club?
    Agreed.

Stevenson is a legend of end of. Scottish cup winner, loyal servant in an age where loyalty counts for little, dependable and decent. While some footballers earn telephone money,,Lewis has set up a charity with a fellow long term servant of the club, and given tens of thousands of pounds to help others. He is a gentleman and we are fortunate he has played for our club.

Quote Originally Posted by Islington Hibs View Post
    Stevenson is a legend of end of. Scottish cup winner, loyal servant in an age where loyalty counts for little, dependable and decent. While some footballers earn telephone money,,Lewis has set up a charity with a fellow long term servant of the club, and given tens of thousands of pounds to help others. He is a gentleman and we are fortunate he has played for our club.
    Well said bud. The charity line says it all about both Lewis and PH.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

It takes a bit of common sense to work out the difference between those two players, but we clearly won’t find it here.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

It takes a bit of common sense to work out the difference between those two players, but we clearly won’t find it here.
    Nothing wrong with Wikipedia. Has the entire history of the human race, online for free. People seem to knock it because it can be edited by anyone (which isn't true)

There really is no need to be so condescending here. It's a bit pathetic. There is merit to both definitions. Only one of them actually involves a player playing only for 1 club, though.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Nothing wrong with Wikipedia. Has the entire history of the human race, online for free. People seem to knock it because it can be edited by anyone (which isn't true)

There really is no need to be so condescending here. It's a bit pathetic. There is merit to both definitions. Only one of them actually involves a player playing only for 1 club, though.
    And another has him contracted to only one club.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    And another has him contracted to only one club.
    No, they both have that.

I used wikipedia when researching my dissertation at university. It was a good starting point for compiling a reading list.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Some nice testimonials to Lewis from his former managers at Hibs

https://twitter.com/scotlandsky/stat...798837248?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    You knew what you were doing, every chance to have a pop eh? You forget about the cross that sailed miles over the bar in the 2nd half by Doig.
    Doig is one of the most promising fullbacks in the country and in all likelihood a big club will pay millions for him.

He has his strengths and weaknesses, Stevenson has others, but when that cross went over the bar I turned to my mate and made the point that if Stevenson had done the same he'd have been absolutely crucified for it.

Fullbacks occasionally shell crosses out of play, folk need to learn to deal with it.

Lewis' last 2 performances for Hibs have been amongst his best ever.

@hibs.net private member
    Unbelievable comment to make which makes me doubt the posters supporter credentials.

I was at the game yesterday and on Thursday and the biggest difference was that Murphy was actually helping Josh out. On more than one occasion, Josh would be far ahead of Jamie, with Jamie basically filling it at left back.

On Thursday, JM offered Lewis no protection whatsoever, a fact that the Rieka no.27 exploited. Lewis was trying to mark two people and as good as he is, he can't do that.

I think Jack Ross probably had a word with Murphy, telling him he had to support whoever was playing behind him