hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Curious as to why you think they’ve made an arse of it? Biggest prize pool cup competition that we play for due to the deal that they’ve struck with Betfred and Premier. It’s really no different to it being on BT or Sky Sports, subscriptions are part of football now whether you like it or not.

FWIW I got the £5 a month deal and have had plenty Hibs games, the Pro14 rugby, La Liga football, top quality value for money. Far better than Sky/BT.
    I subsribe to Sky Sports because there are a number of sports I watch on there. I get BT Free as part of my Virgin Media Package. I used to get Setanta Sports on the same deal. I get Amazon TV through my wife's Amazon Prime account.

There is nothing in Premier Sports coverage that would make me wish to subscribe beyond odd Cup matches in Scotland. I can only recall ever having watched two matches on Premier Sport, the last being Brondby v Hibs at the pub.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    I for one will not be subscribing to Premier Sports if Hibs reach the final.

I might pay a one-off fee to watch the match if Hibs make it through.

The SPFL have made a total ars*hole of the whole thing.

I suspect that the viewing figures will be embarrasingly low. More so if it turns out to be Livingston v St Mirren.
    Livi and Buddies play in other semi.

I subsribe to Sky Sports because there are a number of sports I watch on there. I get BT Free as part of my Virgin Media Package. I used to get Setanta Sports on the same deal. I get Amazon TV through my wife's Amazon Prime account.

There is nothing in Premier Sports coverage that would make me wish to subscribe beyond odd Cup matches in Scotland. I can only recall ever having watched two matches on Premier Sport, the last being Brondby v Hibs at the pub.
    That doesn’t tell my why the league have made an arse of it though. Company willing to plough money into our game, whether you personally want to subscribe is up to you, I don’t particularly want to subscribe to Sky but wouldn’t say the league had made an arse of that TV deal because of that.

anybody got any discount codes for premier, the NHL one previously mentioned has expired

Quote Originally Posted by 7Hero View Post
    anybody got any discount codes for premier, the NHL one previously mentioned has expired
    Does the SALE one still work? That’s the one I used for £5 per month I’m sure.

How do you get the discount via virgin media

I’m £11 a month for Premier. No contract, can cancel whenever.

Lightbulb

I for one will not be subscribing to Premier Sports if Hibs reach the final.

I might pay a one-off fee to watch the match if Hibs make it through.

The SPFL have made a total ars*hole of the whole thing.

I suspect that the viewing figures will be embarrasingly low. More so if it turns out to be Livingston v St Mirren.
    Don’t understand why you think the SPFL have made an a**e of it. They’ve ended up being able to pay £300K to the winners with payments all the way down to every team that entered. They have absolutely no interest in how many watch it on TV.All that matters is how much they get from Premier.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Does this code work for Virgin TV subscribers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    How do you get the discount via virgin media
    And do you have to phone Virgin to add this or can it be done online?

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Don’t understand why you think the SPFL have made an a**e of it. They’ve ended up being able to pay £300K to the winners with payments all the way down to every team that entered. They have absolutely no interest in how many watch it on TV.All that matters is how much they get from Premier.
    I don’t disagree with all you say however they should 100% care how many people watch it. If viewing figures are low it will be tough to sell next year. Also you want maximise interest in Scottish football.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    I don’t disagree with all you say however they should 100% care how many people watch it. If viewing figures are low it will be tough to sell next year. Also you want maximise interest in Scottish football.
    Has anyone got a clue about how many subscribers Premier Sport have?

OK many of the die hards will sign up (and maybe cancel soon after), but how many of the casual supporters will pay up.

In previous years, it probably would not matter as we could always find a pub showing the match. That will not apply this year.

At least the Scottish Cup is shared with the BBC, so we will be able to watch the final and one of the semi-finals.

It will result in a much lower profile for the League Cup. It was always going to be largely ignored by the media with no Sevco or Celtic participation, but it is going to be invisible for the vast majority of the population.

OK many of the die hards will sign up (and maybe cancel soon after), but how many of the casual supporters will pay up.

In previous years, it probably would not matter as we could always find a pub showing the match. That will not apply this year.

At least the Scottish Cup is shared with the BBC, so we will be able to watch the final and one of the semi-finals.

It will result in a much lower profile for the League Cup. It was always going to be largely ignored by the media with no Sevco or Celtic participation, but it is going to be invisible for the vast majority of the population.
    Yet one of the tournaments has a sponsor and the other doesn’t. The so called lesser tournament has a rather large TV deal and a title sponsor. What does that say about its profile? Premier have the rights for 5 years IIRC also, and I’m sure it’s Premier that has the rights to the Scottish cup now as well.
    Last edited by hibbysam; 19-01-2021 at 01:12 AM.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Is the Final going to be covered by BBC?

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar

Agree with all of this.

I’m not a subscriber and have no intention of doing so, or go through the rigmarole of cancellations after subscribing which many are suggesting.

I suspect there will be as many, if not more viewing on illegally sourced streams than on Premier itself. Such TV deals just encourage more to do so.

I’d happily buy a “Pay Per View” for £10-£15 on a one off game basis, but as this isn’t an option it will be the streaming sites for me.
    Last edited by Carheenlea; 19-01-2021 at 01:10 PM.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Does anyone have the online only premier sports package and know if it's through their website or an app and whether it's possible to cast the stream to a TV?

It looks easier to set up that way rather than via virgin media.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Agree with all of this.

I’m not a subscriber and have no intention of doing so, or go through the rigmarole of cancellations after subscribing which many are suggesting.

I suspect there will be as many, if not more viewing on illegally sourced streams than on Premier itself. Such TV deals just encourage more to do so.

I’d happily buy a “Pay Per View” for £10-£15 on a one off game basis, but as this isn’t an option it will be the streaming sites for me.
    So does that mean you give card details to an illegal source? Not much protection there if it goes wrong.

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    The code ‘SALE’ still works and gives you 50% off, it worked for me when I added it to Sky earlier today anyway.

It couldn’t really be easier to subscribe & cancel with Premier Sports via Sky to be honest, it’s very straightforward.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_HFC View Post
    The code ‘SALE’ still works and gives you 50% off, it worked for me when I added it to Sky earlier today anyway.

It couldn’t really be easier to subscribe & cancel with Premier Sports via Sky to be honest, it’s very straightforward.
    Yeah that’s my experience. Not tied in to any contract. I’ve had it on and off over the last couple of years and it’s easy enough to stop/restart online if need be.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    So does that mean you give card details to an illegal source? Not much protection there if it goes wrong.
    The two sources I use for streams are completely free.

Iptv the only way to watch without the hassle.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Have a lot of sympathy for Premier Sports, it'll be a right challenge trying to shoehorn loads of Rangers and Celtic content into these semi-finals.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Does anyone have the online only premier sports package and know if it's through their website or an app and whether it's possible to cast the stream to a TV?

It looks easier to set up that way rather than via virgin media.
    Yes, I watch it this way and casts well to a Chromecast and/or an LG smart TV.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlad View Post
    Yes, I watch it this way and casts well to a Chromecast and/or an LG smart TV.
    Thank you.
    Mon the Hibs.

Is that via online mate and is it the 12.99p/m option?

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Is that via online mate and is it the 12.99p/m option?
    Aye that's the one, the package with Premier Sports 1 and 2 plus LaLigaTV and the Premier Player (I think)
    PERSEVERE
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    Is the Final going to be covered by BBC?
    No, Premier Sports currently have exclusive rights to show the League Cup.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar

Did you do that on the Sky Website or thenPremier Sport site?

J

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post

J
    On the Premier Sports website
    PERSEVERE
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post

J
    If you’re a Sky customer it’s really easy to subscribe to Premier (on their website) if memory serves me correctly. Think all you really need is your Sky viewing card number.

@hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar

Thanks for that. Worked a treat.