hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lets not go slagging until we see what the deal is. Unless you already know?
    Hibs can’t show it next week. They say the same about upcoming games every week and omit to mention that it only applies to international subscribers.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Hibs can’t show it next week. They say the same about upcoming games every week and omit to mention that it only applies to international subscribers.
    This isn’t a league game though. I’ll give Tanner the benefit of the doubt for now.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Pretty annoying to have a National semi final behind a paywall. Can’t imagine Betfred getting a lot of exposure in return for their sponsorship with access to games only available to a small section of the public who pay into a subscription sports channel such as Premier.

You’d think with the pubs being closed and what not it wouldn’t be too much to ask to have made this game a bit easier for people to see. Not everyone has the cash to spend on multiple Sports channels.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    If it was the Old Firm we’d have politicians asking for it to be on free if charge.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    This isn’t a league game though. I’ll give Tanner the benefit of the doubt for now.
    Tanner is talking pish. Or whoever is telling him what to say is talking pish. The game will only be on Premier in the U.K.

In fact, I don’t think they’re trying to advertise it as being on Hibspass for everyone. I think it’s just poorly worded. There was the same conversation about the game at ibrox a few weeks back because of how he worded it.
    Last edited by B.H.F.C; 16-01-2021 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Pretty annoying to have a National semi final behind a paywall. Can’t imagine Betfred getting a lot of exposure in return for their sponsorship with access to games only available to a small section of the public who pay into a subscription sports channel such as Premier.

You’d think with the pubs being closed and what not it wouldn’t be too much to ask to have made this game a bit easier for people to see. Not everyone has the cash to spend on multiple Sports channels.
    The fact folk can’t go and the pubs being closed probably makes it a lot more lucrative for Premier than it otherwise would be.
    Last edited by B.H.F.C; 16-01-2021 at 06:25 PM.

It would be handy if the fans rep could clear this up for us.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Premier have exclusive rights to the Betfred cup this season

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-secures...roadcast-deals

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Tanner is talking pish. Or whoever is telling him what to say is talking pish. The game will only be on Premier in the U.K.

In fact, I don’t think they’re trying to advertise it as being on Hibspass for everyone. I think it’s just poorly worded. There was the same conversation about the game at ibrox a few weeks back because of how he worded it.
    Agreed, he could easily remove any doubt by saying it’s on Hibs TV for the international viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Agreed, he could easily remove any doubt by saying it’s on Hibs TV for the international viewers.
    He’s a presenter, if he’s not told to say that then he’s not going to. I doubt he knows the ins and outs of our TV deal to know as and when it’s only available to international viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    He’s a presenter, if he’s not told to say that then he’s not going to. I doubt he knows the ins and outs of our TV deal to know as and when it’s only available to international viewers.
    Plenty people who don’t work for Hibs or in the media know the ins and outs. The folk working for Hibs and in the media should know and be able to advertise accordingly.

A half decent presenter makes sure what they are saying is right.

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    Tanner should have made that clear. He's a prat.
    He does that every week and mentions away games which are on Sky and advertises them as being on "The Match" and comes across as if it's available to everyone to watch regardless of location which of course isn't the case.

The rights to broadcast next week's match are held exclusively by Premier Sports in the UK - Hibs TV will have no rights to show it to anyone within the UK or Ireland.

If he doesn't then he should, it's shoddy broadcasting.

Plenty people who don’t work for Hibs or in the media know the ins and outs. The folk working for Hibs and in the media should know and be able to advertise accordingly.

A half decent presenter makes sure what they are saying is right.
    What he said is correct. HibsMatch probably is on for the game, hence why the club had an advertisement for it. Tam McManus probably is in the studio. He gets handed his script, he reads it out, it’s not up to him to add the point about it being International subscribers only if he’s not told to say it.

What he said is correct. HibsMatch probably is on for the game, hence why the club had an advertisement for it. Tam McManus probably is in the studio. He gets handed his script, he reads it out, it’s not up to him to add the point about it being International subscribers only if he’s not told to say it.
    He’s the one saying it so it’s up to him to specify who it’s available to. He’s saying ‘we’ll be back’ on a platform (Hibspass) that won’t be back.

Tam McManus won’t be in any studio (they won’t have one).

Any competent presenter doesn’t simply read what they’re handed.

I suspect Tanner is getting paid more than your average club TV presenter and with that you'd expect him to atleast have an understanding of the information given out and it's accuracy.

He’s the one saying it so it’s up to him to specify who it’s available to. He’s saying ‘we’ll be back’ on a platform (Hibspass) that won’t be back.

Tam McManus won’t be in any studio (they won’t have one).

Any competent presenter doesn’t simply read what they’re handed.
    You don’t think there will be a studio. You don’t know that for sure. He said The Match will be back. Nothing about HibsPass whatsoever.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Premier have exclusive rights to the Betfred cup this season

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-secures...roadcast-deals
    Even if it's audio I'd probably opt for that based on what folk have said about premier sports.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Even if it's audio I'd probably opt for that based on what folk have said about premier sports.

GGTTH
    I find premier sports all right. Tenner a month and get La Liga, Serie A plus our domestic cups. No bad.

You don’t think there will be a studio. You don’t know that for sure. He said The Match will be back. Nothing about HibsPass whatsoever.
    Failing to clarify that not everyone who was watching The Match today is able to watch it again next week is poor and, as I've already said, it's not the first time he's done it.

Your earlier point about him maybe not knowing about broadcasting rights might be true but if that's the case then it needs to be improved.

Semi final coverage confusion aside, he did also ‘big up’ the coverage of the The Rangers game on the following Wednesday with a lovely comment along the lines of “watch the game on The Match for the Hibs centric view, rather than having to listen to Kris Boyd drone on about The Rangers on a rival broadcaster “. Respect David!!

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    For those without Premier Sports and want to watch the semi final next week, you can sign up for your first month free using the promo code 'NHL2021'. Just make sure you select the £12.99 version so you can cancel it without being committed to paying for 6 months.
    Thanks for the info only took two minutes to set up

''This promo code is invalid or expired!''

Is the Final if we get there on Premier Sports only?

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    ''This promo code is invalid or expired!''
    I done it this morning and it took a few attempts. But definitely was working this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by The Count View Post
    Is the Final if we get there on Premier Sports only?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I done it this morning and it took a few attempts. But definitely was working this morning.
    Been trying repeatedly now with no luck, will try on another device later.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Others have called this right on here.

✅ Live on @PremierSportsTV.
    ✅ Audio coverage for Hibs TV domestic subscribers/season ticket holders.
    ✅ Business as usual for Hibs TV international subscribers.

Lifted from the Semi Preview on the club website - https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/matche...s-hibernian-fc

Hibs TV domestic/international subscribers and season ticket holders

Hibs TV domestic subscribers and season ticket holders will be able to listen in to audio coverage of the game from Cliff Pike and Tam McManus, who will be on air from 5.10pm.

Remember to log in via Hibs TV and not Hibs Pass, which is only active for home league games.

Hibs TV international subscribers will be able to watch the game as normal.

I for one will not be subscribing to Premier Sports if Hibs reach the final.

I might pay a one-off fee to watch the match if Hibs make it through.

The SPFL have made a total ars*hole of the whole thing.

I suspect that the viewing figures will be embarrasingly low. More so if it turns out to be Livingston v St Mirren.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    I for one will not be subscribing to Premier Sports if Hibs reach the final.

I might pay a one-off fee to watch the match if Hibs make it through.

The SPFL have made a total ars*hole of the whole thing.

I suspect that the viewing figures will be embarrasingly low. More so if it turns out to be Livingston v St Mirren.
    Curious as to why you think they’ve made an arse of it? Biggest prize pool cup competition that we play for due to the deal that they’ve struck with Betfred and Premier. It’s really no different to it being on BT or Sky Sports, subscriptions are part of football now whether you like it or not.

FWIW I got the £5 a month deal and have had plenty Hibs games, the Pro14 rugby, La Liga football, top quality value for money. Far better than Sky/BT.