hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Name

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Name

Almost as tedious as the ‘Do you know if...?’ thread titles are the multiple threads that just have a name.

I understand that other fan forums start a new thread when a player joins the first team and keep it running, which makes sense, but right now we seem to have a plethora of new threads which are just repetitive.

Do you really need to start a new one, like I just have?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Name that tune.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Name

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Name
    Wrong.

@hibs.net private member
    I’ll name that name in 3

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Almost as tedious as the ‘Do you know if...?’ thread titles are the multiple threads that just have a name.

I understand that other fan forums start a new thread when a player joins the first team and keep it running, which makes sense, but right now we seem to have a plethora of new threads which are just repetitive.

Amen 😉

I didn't!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I wonder what would be the longest thread, the best or the worst player m😀

Name mair of this s***e.........

@hibs.net private member
    Mane.......

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Maybe some sort of title taxonomy straight-jacket needs to be enforced and policed by the admins ;)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    Maybe some sort of title taxonomy straight-jacket needs to be enforced and policed by the admins ;)

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    Mane.......
    Our next signing target?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Amen 😉
    Mean?

First Team Breakthrough

I don't post often, but I read this forum pretty much every day, and I think this is a really good idea. Keeps things a bit tidier and when read from start to finish, single threads per player could also provide a compelling narrative on the evolution of supporter opinion on particular players.

A single thread on Joe Newell, for example, would be a good read. Initial enthusiasm, followed by dissolutionment, morphing gradually into 'this boy can actually play a bit'.

A Josh Vela thread would be different, mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Mean?
    Me? Na.

I think it is a great idea to have one thread for each player it allows you to say how opinion changes for year to year or even game to game.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    I think it is a great idea to have one thread for each player it allows you to say how opinion changes for year to year or even game to game.
    Or the Scottish Cup including match day threads. Imagine it from 5 years ago? The lows of Tynecastle, Conrad and Jason in the Semi,11 minutes to go all on one thread!

Perhaps this year we could run one from the draw onwards?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Naem

A nme?
    Last edited by Keith_M; 14-01-2021 at 12:17 PM. Reason: capitals?

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Or the Scottish Cup including match day threads. Imagine it from 5 years ago? The lows of Tynecastle, Conrad and Jason in the Semi,11 minutes to go all on one thread!

Perhaps this year we could run one from the draw onwards?
    Off topic but has anyone got the match day thread from that game at Tynecastle? Would also love to see the kickback version. I've seen theirs and Rangers cup final threads but the bottle job derby would make for magnificent reading.

I might be in the minority, but I dont think having one long thread for each player would be an improvement. Once threads get to a certain size I tend to dismiss them if I haven't read any of it, as it would take too long to read through it. And I don't think it would stop much repetition, as people would make the same points as they always have. Especially if they haven't read through the whole thread.

Now merging similar threads started at a similar time, or that are active at the same time would work. But if I want to praise a specific aspect of someone's game, or discuss their below par performance, I think starting a thread on that topic is an easy and clear way to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    I might be in the minority, but I dont think having one long thread for each player would be an improvement. Once threads get to a certain size I tend to dismiss them if I haven't read any of it, as it would take too long to read through it. And I don't think it would stop much repetition, as people would make the same points as they always have. Especially if they haven't read through the whole thread.

Now merging similar threads started at a similar time, or that are active at the same time would work. But if I want to praise a specific aspect of someone's game, or discuss their below par performance, I think starting a thread on that topic is an easy and clear way to do so.

I'm sorry, you may have made a good point but I got bored half way through the second sentence and stopped reading...

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post

Agreed. I do the same with megathreads, if I can't keep up with them I end up ignoring them.

I get why people dislike new threads about the same players coming up, but it does make it easy to read the currently relevant posts/discussion without having to wade through a massive thread looking for it.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar

Agreed, it’s lazy and annoying.

I was going to moan about this thread then realised it’s moaning about what I’m moaning about.

The Alan Rough one is a good example. I saw that and immediately thought, aw-naw, another good Hibby has passed away!

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Off topic but has anyone got the match day thread from that game at Tynecastle? Would also love to see the kickback version. I've seen theirs and Rangers cup final threads but the bottle job derby would make for magnificent reading.
    Couldnt resist looking for match day thread on KB. Its on page 838. Quality lol.