hibs.net Messageboard

 

Results 1 to 27 of 27
  1. #1
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    57
    Posts
    10,272

    Question for HSL - Leeann Dempster

    HSL

    Apologies for using Hibs.net to raise this but youíre active on here and itís a better platform / medium for Hibs talk than any other I can think of and (for the most part it seems) we are all Hibbies on here.

    Iíve had a look at the HSL website this morning and see that Leeann Dempster is still displayed as a director, if Iím reading it right (?).
    Given her departure from the club and her new occupation in the same industry, I would imagine she will have stood down, or may be standing down. She may have gone ages ago, I donít know.

    In saying that I could of course be wrong and she will continue with the role purely as a supporter of our club.

    In any event, it appears to leave us with no official representation from anyone at the club itself and she had been a constant from Day 1 until now I think.

    Is the disconnect wise, does it not leave us further detached from the club (other than the money of course) who appear this far to have been lukewarm in their support of HSL, even becoming opposed to its initial ideal?


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    Just quickly tapping in to pass on that the club is aware of this - something to be looked at by both parties ✅

  4. #3
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    57
    Posts
    10,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just quickly tapping in to pass on that the club is aware of this - something to be looked at by both parties ✅
    Is there a desire from the club to have someone there in a role with HSL?

  5. #4
    I thought that, in the context of the current arrangement (whereby HSL is no longer buying shares but is now just donating funds), Hibs need to keep HSL at arm's length in order to avoid being made liable to chuck big chunks of these funds in the direction of HMRC.

    That being the case, I could understand right now if there was some hesitancy in appointing a Hibs board member to the board of HSL. Best to check with the accountants and lawyers first I think.

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Essex (the nice bit)
    Age
    60
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there a desire from the club to have someone there in a role with HSL?
    I would bl**dy hope so with the free cash that they are now receiving. I would like to see more effort from the Club to support HSL in its endeavours. Now Shares are out the equation, this is free money to the Club with no strings. Better acknowledgement required.

  7. #6
    Ultimate Slaver Keith_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Between a rock & a hard place
    Posts
    28,605
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbie02 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ... I would like to see more effort from the Club to support HSL in its endeavours. ...

    I agree, but it's encouraging that the club recently acknowledged the efforts of HSL on the official site this month.

  8. #7
    @hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    55
    Posts
    4,121
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought that, in the context of the current arrangement (whereby HSL is no longer buying shares but is now just donating funds), Hibs need to keep HSL at arm's length in order to avoid being made liable to chuck big chunks of these funds in the direction of HMRC.

    That being the case, I could understand right now if there was some hesitancy in appointing a Hibs board member to the board of HSL. Best to check with the accountants and lawyers first I think.
    Hibernian FC had 2 appointed directors to HS
    Stephen Dunn and Leeann Dempster. Stephen Dunn has resigned and Perhaps Leeann will have resigned as she has left Hibs FC

  9. #8
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    25,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there a desire from the club to have someone there in a role with HSL?
    I think it should be the other way around. A HS director should be on the Club board, to represent the source of the funds.

  10. #9
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    57
    Posts
    10,272
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it should be the other way around. A HS director should be on the Club board, to represent the source of the funds.
    Iíd agree wholeheartedly. But I think itís important to have one or the other and Iím interested to see how it pans out.

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iíd agree wholeheartedly. But I think itís important to have one or the other and Iím interested to see how it pans out.
    Iggy
    We have been advised by the Club that Leeann is no longer their nominated Director and await their further advise.
    We are always engaged with the Club and they are giving us great help with the current Hampden campaign.

    Hibernian Supporters

  12. #11
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    18,249
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it should be the other way around. A HS director should be on the Club board, to represent the source of the funds.

    We didnít reach the threshold though did we?

  13. #12
    First Team Breakthrough Tollhouse Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Kinross / West Upper
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it should be the other way around. A HS director should be on the Club board, to represent the source of the funds.
    absolutely

  14. #13
    @hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    55
    Posts
    4,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Tollhouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    absolutely
    Sadly no. We had 19 percent before Mr RJ Gordon purchased the club.

  15. #14
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    25,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sadly no. We had 19 percent before Mr RJ Gordon purchased the club.
    Thresholds or not, it makes sense to have the second-largest shareholder represented on the Board.

  16. #15
    @hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    55
    Posts
    4,121
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thresholds or not, it makes sense to have the second-largest shareholder represented on the Board.
    I agree and many others agree. This issue was raised at the last Hibs AGM and the reply given was that it would be considered by the Hibs BODs.

  17. #16
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    59
    Posts
    35,144
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thresholds or not, it makes sense to have the second-largest shareholder represented on the Board.
    Crops, who could this person be, as we donít have many paid Directorís at Hibs?

  18. #17
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    25,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Crops, who could this person be, as we donít have many paid Directorís at Hibs?


    It could be any one of the current HS Board. That would probably need to be voted on by the membership.

    https://find-and-update.company-info...94691/officers ... with the exception of LD

    Not sure I understand the bit about paid directors.

  19. #18
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    59
    Posts
    35,144
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It could be any one of the current HS Board. That would probably need to be voted on by the membership.

    https://find-and-update.company-info...94691/officers ... with the exception of LD

    Not sure I understand the bit about paid directors.
    Thanks, what I meant was surely we wouldnít put an non exec Hibs director on HSL board
    Would prefer one who actually works for Hibs

  20. #19
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    25,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks, what I meant was surely we wouldnít put an non exec Hibs director on HSL board
    Would prefer one who actually works for Hibs
    It's the other way around. A HS director on the Club board.

  21. #20
    @hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,450
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iggy
    We have been advised by the Club that Leeann is no longer their nominated Director and await their further advise.
    We are always engaged with the Club and they are giving us great help with the current Hampden campaign.

    Hibernian Supporters
    I see no reason for the club to have a nominated director on the board of HSL.

  22. #21
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    59
    Posts
    35,144
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's the other way around. A HS director on the Club board.
    Fine, whatever you say😂

  23. #22
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    57
    Posts
    10,272
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iggy
    We have been advised by the Club that Leeann is no longer their nominated Director and await their further advise.
    We are always engaged with the Club and they are giving us great help with the current Hampden campaign.

    Hibernian Supporters
    Thanks. I hadnít realised she was nominated by the club, I thought she was just up for it. Interesting. Maybe theyíll nominate one of the current Fans Reps from the board......keep Kieran busy and all that.
    Probably of no consequence but is / was Leeann a contributing member as well a Director?

  24. #23
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    59
    Posts
    35,144
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks. I hadnít realised she was nominated by the club, I thought she was just up for it. Interesting. Maybe theyíll nominate one of the current Fans Reps from the board......keep Kieran busy and all that.
    Probably of no consequence but is / was Leeann a contributing member as well a Director?
    Iggy, her name was of the 3rd strip as she was a contributor

  25. #24
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    57
    Posts
    10,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iggy, her name was of the 3rd strip as she was a contributor
    Hadnít noticed that but answers the question. Wonder if sheís still sticking a bit in as a fan!

  26. #25
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    59
    Posts
    35,144
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hadnít noticed that but answers the question. Wonder if sheís still sticking a bit in as a fan!
    I saw her name on the email we were sent last year
    Iíve also seen her name on my strip

  27. #26
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    57
    Posts
    10,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw her name on the email we were sent last year
    Iíve also seen her name on my strip
    Thanks Billy, I hadnít noticed it on either of mine but youíve answered it my man, ta.

  28. #27
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    23,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks Billy, I hadnít noticed it on either of mine but youíve answered it my man, ta.
    Her first name is probably spelt differently each time it appears.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)