hibs.net Messageboard

 

Results 1 to 29 of 29
  1. #1
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    42,820
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee

    Longbangers 80: Glen Michaelís Cartoon Cavalcade

    Longbangers Episode 80: Glen Michael's Cartoon Cavalcade

    ✅New Signings
    ✅@Hibernianfc draw at Celtic
    ✅Lewis Stevenson
    ✅Covid and that
    ✅All your talking points AND MORE

    iTunes:
    https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcas...3-36163c30c88d

    Spotify:
    https://open.spotify.com/episode/22t...TZOwfashgkeKkg

    Anchor:
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers/episod...valcade-eosscf

    YouTube link to follow (YouTube well have the video of the podcast this week rather than just the podcast art, by the way)


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    42,820
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  4. #3
    resident moaning git DaveF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    51
    Posts
    30,917
    Vela definitely described himself as box to box. There is a Scotsman article out there with that quote.

    Taiwo never went for a million but someone we had did. Can't mind who though!

  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    31,855
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vela definitely described himself as box to box. There is a Scotsman article out there with that quote.

    Taiwo never went for a million but someone we had did. Can't mind who though!
    Taiwo was at Leeds and Chelsea poached him and another player from their youth ranks. Leeds complained they had been tapped and threatened Chelsea with court action. Chelsea then paid 5m compensation to Leeds.

  6. #5
    Administrator Vault Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norwich
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,557
    Enjoyed this episode, as per!

    Some fine words from both of you about Lewy, half had to remind myself that it was Longbangers I was listening to - genuine, well articulated expressions of admiration, uninterrupted by any chat about jobbies, bums, or baws. Quite unlike you.
    Last edited by Vault Boy; 13-01-2021 at 10:30 AM.

  7. #6
    @hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    12,276
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Longbangers Episode 80: Glen Michael's Cartoon Cavalcade

    ✅New Signings
    ✅@Hibernianfc draw at Celtic
    ✅Lewis Stevenson
    ✅Covid and that
    ✅All your talking points AND MORE

    iTunes:
    https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/longbangers/id1474463560#episodeGuid=06eb9656-b86d-43c3-88f3-36163c30c88d

    Spotify:
    https://open.spotify.com/episode/22tEovgRDD1LsHFoWinTIl?si=CvLqf6UeTZOwfashgkeKkg

    Anchor:
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers/episodes/Longbangers-Episode-80-Glen-Michaels-Cartoon-Cavalcade-eosscf

    YouTube link to follow (YouTube well have the video of the podcast this week rather than just the podcast art, by the way)
    A TV star from the 70s - what could possibly go wrong?

    94 still not out.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

  8. #7
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    23,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A TV star from the 70s - what could possibly go wrong?

    94 still not out.
    If it's Glen Michael you're speaking about I met him once. It was years & years ago at East Kilbride Country Fair.

    Clare Grogan was there too - she was a lot more interesting. She even touched my pipes.

  9. #8
    First Team Regular G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    G15
    Age
    43
    Posts
    535
    A mate of mine saw Glen Michael at Love Street at a St Mirren v Ayr game a few years back, both of them are Ayr fans. Got a hearty "**** off" from Glen on asking where Paladin was.

    Never meet your heroes, as they say.

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Enjoyed this episode, as per!

    Some fine words from both of you about Lewy, half had to remind myself that it was Longbangers I was listening to - genuine, well articulated expressions of admiration, uninterrupted by any chat about jobbies, bums, or baws. Quite unlike you.
    I like to think we're as adept at lady in the streets (see Graeme Mathie interview) as we are at our freak in the sheets (everything else).

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A TV star from the 70s - what could possibly go wrong?

    94 still not out.
    You say that but he might be impersonating Norman Bates maw in the armchair in his hoose

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vela definitely described himself as box to box. There is a Scotsman article out there with that quote.

    Taiwo never went for a million but someone we had did. Can't mind who though!
    I'm going to need to see proof before I bite

  13. #12
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    23,987
    Quote Originally Posted by G15 Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A mate of mine saw Glen Michael at Love Street at a St Mirren v Ayr game a few years back, both of them are Ayr fans. Got a hearty "**** off" from Glen on asking where Paladin was.

    Never meet your heroes, as they say.
    He had Paladin with him at East Kilbride (it was probably part of the package - on option for an extra £50?).
    Last edited by Peevemor; 13-01-2021 at 11:54 AM.

  14. #13
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    42,820
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it's Glen Michael you're speaking about I met him once. It was years & years ago at East Kilbride Country Fair.

    Clare Grogan was there too - she was a lot more interesting. She even touched my pipes.
    I met Darth Vader and Supergran on the same day once. Darth Vader was doing his part-time Green Cross Code Man stint though, so there was no aggro.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  15. #14
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    42,820
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by LongJohnBanger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm going to need to see proof before I bite
    Why wonít you believe me?!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  16. #15
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    23,987
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I met Darth Vader and Supergran on the same day once. Darth Vader was doing his part-time Green Cross Code Man stint though, so there was no aggro.
    He sadly died in November - Alzheimers + coronavirus. :-(

  17. #16
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    42,820
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He sadly died in November - Alzheimers + coronavirus. :-(
    Yeah, sad that. I suppose the saving grace was that he wasn't knocked down.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  18. #17
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    23,987
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, sad that. I suppose the saving grace was that he wasn't knocked down.

  19. #18
    resident moaning git DaveF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    51
    Posts
    30,917
    Quote Originally Posted by LongJohnBanger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm going to need to see proof before I bite
    Try Google.

  20. #19
    Administrator Vault Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norwich
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,557
    Quote Originally Posted by LongJohnBanger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like to think we're as adept at lady in the streets (see Graeme Mathie interview) as we are at our freak in the sheets (everything else).
    Definitely a versatile bunch. Ian Murray-esque.

  21. #20
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    42,820
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Try Google.
    Evidence has been provided on Twitter.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  22. #21
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    23,987
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just tried to watch a bit on YouTube but it won't let me until I confirm my age. You don't whip out your knobs or anything I hope.

  23. #22
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    42,820
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just tried to watch a bit on YouTube but it won't let me until I confirm my age. You don't whip out your knobs or anything I hope.
    Not this week. Itís got bad language on it so we made it over 18 only.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  24. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not this week. Itís got bad language* on it so we made it over 18 only.
    *Less than 10 ****s, guaranteed or your money back
    Last edited by LongJohnBanger; 13-01-2021 at 10:31 PM.

  25. #24
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,850
    My mate lives in Glen Michaelís old house. Some of the collectable stuff he found in the loft paid for his LBBT in the end.

  26. #25
    @hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    53
    Posts
    3,106
    Blog Entries
    1
    My mum's cousin who lives in Cowdenbeath, used to chauffeur GM around in the 70s. I also remember going to a GMC show in the Captains Cabin around the late 70s.

  27. #26
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    42,820
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My mate lives in Glen Michaelís old house. Some of the collectable stuff he found in the loft paid for his LBBT in the end.
    That's decent, eh?!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  28. #27
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    42,820
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My mum's cousin who lives in Cowdenbeath, used to chauffeur GM around in the 70s. I also remember going to a GMC show in the Captains Cabin around the late 70s.
    That would be an easy gig for a presenter, turn up with a TV and a tape player "alright kids, just sticking some cartoons on for an hour, you watch them while I have a pint and we'll do some autographs in a bit if i can be bothered"
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  29. #28
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    23,987
    I just looked and he's sttill alive (aged 94) and is English having been born in Devon. He moved to Scotland for theatre work.

    Who'd've thunk it?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_Michael

  30. #29
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    42,820
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just looked and he's sttill alive (aged 94) and is English having been born in Devon. He moved to Scotland for theatre work.

    Who'd've thunk it?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_Michael
    I'm glad to hear that. Would take exception to the bit in that Wikipedia where it said the birthdays section was popular - surely not with kids, I just wanted more of the shan cartoons, i wasn't interested in seeing happy birthday messages!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)