hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Must admit the nerves are starting to set in already. Hate the emotional torment this club puts me through. Huge opportunity for us. Have we ever won a domestic trophy so soon after the last one?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Must admit the nerves are starting to set in already. Hate the emotional torment this club puts me through. Huge opportunity for us. Have we ever won a domestic trophy so soon after the last one?
    Aye likewise, as a Hibs fan its a very strange experience for us to be the favourites to win a trophy... not sure i like it

@hibs.net private member

we don't win cups too often, but I guess Drybrough Cup and league Cup in the same season would be an exception....

First Team Breakthrough My old man's Avatar
    Have checked (honest) but can’t see anywhere can someone please tell me what channel ((if we it is) we’re on
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by My old man View Post
    Have checked (honest) but can’t see anywhere can someone please tell me what channel ((if we it is) we’re on
    GGTTH
    Premier Sports mate, cant remember if its 1 or 2 though

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    Premier Sports mate, cant remember if its 1 or 2 though
    Premier 1

https://www.live-footballontv.com/li...all-on-tv.html

First Team Breakthrough My old man's Avatar
    Thanks guys
    And I take it it’ll be finished on the day
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Why’s that? He was hopelessly inconsistent for us. Him and Cairney largely producing nothing every week was a big factor in us struggling after a positive enough start.

You hear about Wotherspoon playing well every six months or so which is about right.
    Think he is having a very good season playing central and just off the front however in the highlights I have seen and the United game I saw most of he has looked very good. Always been talented not the quickest but also scored a very good goal at ER this season aided and abetted by poor defending to be fair. Put in a brilliant cross for Saints second goal during the week.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by My old man View Post
    Thanks guys
    And I take it it’ll be finished on the day
    GGTTH
    Yes extra time and pens if necessary

Won the Scottish Cup in 1902, then the League in 1903

Won the League in 1948, '51 and '52

Basically, we've done it, but a very long time ago.

Going by previous experience, we need to lose the next three Cup Finals before we can win one again, so I hope we hurry up and get a couple over with this season.

@hibs.net private member
    IF the game happens, and it’s an if as there’s more and more talk each day that football is about to be stopped, then I think we should be beating St Johnstone comfortably. We have the players and it’s time they started performing to a high enough level. Start tomorrow against Killie to get some momentum started.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    I heard that as well. Certainly wasn’t my recollection of him
    Cosgrove would eat himself if he could. Never a good word to say about Hibs (nor does his odeous little sidekick). Two guys who have made a good career talking pi5h in thick accents.

Anyway, Hibernian and infinitely better than St Johnstone.

We'll cuff them in the cup.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    IF the game happens, and it’s an if as there’s more and more talk each day that football is about to be stopped, then I think we should be beating St Johnstone comfortably. We have the players and it’s time they started performing to a high enough level. Start tomorrow against Killie to get some momentum started.
    There’s no if about it and you’re doing nobody any favours by pretending otherwise. The game will go ahead on the 23rd barring weather or a Covid outbreak. Football will not be stopped, take that to the bank.

I must admit I would be a lovely boost to have a cup final to look forward to all be it with no fans but still something positive to think about.. massive game for all 4 clubs still involved.. I’m really looking forward to it next week..

Let’s face it, in our last few games we’ve been woeful at worse, average at best. We need more organization and commitment to get back to our best, a d to even compete with three teams who will be highly motivated in cup competition. The idea that Livingston would be at all concerned about us is now laughable, and we won’t be giving either set of Saints sleepless nights either. We need Irvine and McGennis up to speed asap

@hibs.net private member
    Bonus for us is it's not at Easter Road , rightly we are favourites to win it and confident if we turn up with the right attitude we will beat St Johnstone.
    Huge test for Jack Ross hopefully he will lead us to some sliverware and get his team and himself up there beside the other greats who managed the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Let’s face it, in our last few games we’ve been woeful at worse, average at best. We need more organization and commitment to get back to our best, a d to even compete with three teams who will be highly motivated in cup competition. The idea that Livingston would be at all concerned about us is now laughable, and we won’t be giving either set of Saints sleepless nights either. We need Irvine and McGennis up to speed asap
    After two piss poor displays, we couldn’t have been more committed and organised at Celtic park. Whether they’re having sleepless nights or not, we’re a far better side than all of the sides left, and would far rather be in our position than there’s.

First win in 11 for St Johnstone today. Will give them a boost. Another week for Irvine and Cadden to work on the training ground and get to know their teammates. After today's win we should be going in with belief. Really hope Newell is back.
    Last edited by Since452; 16-01-2021 at 11:40 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Great chance to win a cup and a great opportunity to get the big game issues away from the manager. The playing surface should be good so that might help us. Hopefully Newell will be back

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i'm glad st.johnstone won today, at least now we're not playing a team on a crap winless run...

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Unfortunately neither the organization nor the commitment was there.