hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

St Johnstone semi final

Watched most of their game tonight and thought they looked very good. Looked sharp and should have won. Solid looking squad and Wotherspoon playing the best football of his career. Nothing other than a very tough game in the semi.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Yet on a honking run, haven’t won in the league since the 6th November, won a couple of ties on penalties and the only game (I think) they’ve won before penalties since was against Peterhead.

Didn't see the game, looks like they had a good few shots on goal but stats show they only had a 59% pass accuracy?

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't see the game, looks like they had a good few shots on goal but stats show they only had a 59% pass accuracy?
    Was a very scrappy battling Derby type game but they dominated and should have won. Played a 352 with McCann rwb and had an Israeli striker Melamed who haven't seen before and looked good and scored one and could have scored more.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Watched most of their game tonight and thought they looked very good. Looked sharp and should have won. Solid looking squad and Wotherspoon playing the best football of his career. Nothing other than a very tough game in the semi.
    Don’t think anyone sees this as easy but they’ve not been on a great run either. I’d rather be in our shoes than theirs but you never know of course.

Will definitely be a tough game, and I'd rather we face the other Saints in the final over Livi. Two winnable fixtures between us and a trophy, but it's absolutely no given.

All three are better than having to play Celtic, Rangers, or Aberdeen though!

Left by mutual consent!
    Whenever a team needs a result they seem to be playing us, and most get it...

Quote Originally Posted by JXM73 View Post
    Fairly sure Celtic needed one last night, how did that go?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Don’t think anyone sees this as easy but they’ve not been on a great run either. I’d rather be in our shoes than theirs but you never know of course.
    Agree think we will edge it as don't really rate their goalie and they concede but thought they looked good.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Was a very scrappy battling Derby type game but they dominated and should have won. Played a 352 with McCann rwb and had an Israeli striker Melamed who haven't seen before and looked good and scored one and could have scored more.
    Interesting they had Ali McCann at wing back. I was quite impressed with the Milwall lad they had on loan, McNamara, for the first half of the season and think he’ll be a miss for them now he’s back down south.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    Interesting they had Ali McCann at wing back. I was quite impressed with the Milwall lad they had on loan, McNamara, for the first half of the season and think he’ll be a miss for them now he’s back down south.
    Would assume may be short term move as they signed another Millwall full back on loan.

3-0 Hibs

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by JXM73 View Post
    Most don’t based on our results over the last year anyway.

I watched it and felt they were good but lacked a cutting edge up top. Clark in goals is a real weak link and we need to exploit that. Shankland caught him out from the halfway line.

I’m expecting a close game and hoping we can put a good team out on the day.

Let’s be honest If Hibs turn up on the day then there should be no other outcome than a Hibs win. However we all know Hibs don’t suit being favourites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs2105 View Post
    Let’s be honest If Hibs turn up on the day then there should be no other outcome than a Hibs win. However we all know Hibs don’t suit being favourites

Not actually how football works though is it?

St Johnstone semi final

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    90% of the time if the team with the better players plays well then they win to be fair.

Hence the use of the word “If”

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    90% of the time if the team with the better players plays well then they win to be fair.
    No way of quantifying that but there's still all sorts of factors that you're leaving out there. Physicality, pace of the game, luck, officiating, sometimes even just how a ball breaks.

No way of quantifying that but there's still all sorts of factors that you're leaving out there. Physicality, pace of the game, luck, officiating, sometimes even just how a ball breaks.
    Surely the most important factor is the ability of a teams players. If one team is better than the other you’d expect them to set the pace of game and tempo- much like hibs would be expected to do against St Johnstone.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Fairly sure Celtic needed one last night, how did that go?
    The wee teams. Celtic need to win every week

St Johnstone are a strange team. Seem to always either go on long unbeaten runs or long winless runs

@hibs.net private member wazoo1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Cheers for that Calum 👍🏻
    Never one to laugh at others misfortune but today could only have been improved by rangers getting horsed and God pissing down a meteor shower of fifty pound notes on Edinburgh

Copyright BadMartini Wed 27th Jan 2010

First Team Regular
    I watched it and felt they were good but lacked a cutting edge up top. Clark in goals is a real weak link and we need to exploit that. Shankland caught him out from the halfway line.
    It was some strike though!

Brophy available to play for St Mirren on the semi final even although he played for Killie in the tournament already. Does that mean Kevin D would not be cuptied afer playing for Dumbarton?

Brophy available to play for St Mirren on the semi final even although he played for Killie in the tournament already. Does that mean Kevin D would not be cuptied afer playing for Dumbarton?
    Does cuptied simply not exist anymore?

Surely not right that, the cup tied rule was only revoked for one season due to the cup running over.