hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I wonder what the reasoning is behind suspending games in L1 and 2 and not the Championship??

Is it because Budge and co are playing in that league?

I suspect there will be call off’s in the Championship before long! With them only 10 games in, is there really any point in continuing??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder what the reasoning is behind suspending games in L1 and 2 and not the Championship??

I suspect there will be call off’s in the Championship before long! With them only 10 games in, is there really any point in continuing??

They are getting £500k each in payouts, lower leagues £150k
    Testing costing £40k per month, no idea how accurate that figure is

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55665247

@hibs.net private member

Raith Rovers wanting their game postponed this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post

Cheers Billy!

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Raith Rovers wanting their game postponed this weekend.
    And so it begins!

The SPFL needs to rearrange the fixture lists for the three lower divisions so that each team has faced all of the others home and away once before the end of May, with each division then being declared completed and no third round of fixtures being played.

If that can't happen before then, players will be out of contract and the lower three leagues will need to be declared null and void with no promotion or no relegation.

Anything else would beggar belief.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    The SPFL needs to rearrange the fixture lists for the three lower divisions so that each team has faced all of the others home and away once before the end of May, with each division then being declared completed and no third round of fixtures being played.

If that can't happen before then, players will be out of contract and the lower three leagues will need to be declared null and void with no promotion or no relegation.

Anything else would beggar belief.
    Thus shafting the lowland and highland league teams out of yet another season of promotion. No thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Thus shafting the lowland and highland league teams out of yet another season of promotion. No thank you!
    My comment was aimed elsewhere

But being honest I was surprised at just how many leagues in Scotland were allowed to play until the suspension was announced. Can't see the sense in it when they're not allowed spectators.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

So Raith have been told they may have to forfeit their game against ICT at the weekend. Covid outbreak and they don’t have enough players.

Yet Aberdeen and Celtic get games postponed following players out on the piss and travelling abroad!

If Raith has done done everything possible to prevent this then why are they being punished?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    So Raith have been told they may have to forfeit their game against ICT at the weekend. Covid outbreak and they don’t have enough players.

Yet Aberdeen and Celtic get games postponed following players out on the piss and travelling abroad!

If Raith has done done everything possible to prevent this then why are they being punished?

I don't think they have. It's their chairman who's saying that that's what will happen if the SPFL don't agree to postpone their match.

Null & Void?

As hibs fans we're naturally programmed to find this hilarious (should it happen) due to our born despise of Rangers. BUT, I personally think it would be an absolute disgrace if it happened. The fact that it wouldn't come as a shock to most in the Scottish game / the fans, highlights how broken our management of the game is. Change is needed now (or maybe after this one final sh*t show... just so we can LOL at Rangers yet again )

Raith could ask for their fixture to be rescheduled so that they can fulfil their fixture couldn't they? This does not need their opposition to be consulted.
    Asking for a postponement, reschedule due to covid is a club acting responsibly.

The health and safety of employees is what is important. These are exceptional times and the SPFL need a reality check. Rather than pissing off their members with points deductions they should be trying their best to help the clubs. Rules and laws can be changed and amended.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post

I think that £40,000 is for the rest of the season... Roughly £75 a test. Most Championship squads will be significantly smaller than Hearts'.

Testimonial Due
    How can the SPFL/SFA cancel leagues 1+2 then the Scottish Cup for 3 weeks, and allow Celtic to take a trip to Dubia to train???
    For these reasons alone they both need dumped and a new hierarchy put in place!!
    If football ends up with a red card from the SG, its because of their inept rulings and guidance!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinross Hibee View Post
    As hibs fans we're naturally programmed to find this hilarious (should it happen) due to our born despise of Rangers. BUT, I personally think it would be an absolute disgrace if it happened. The fact that it wouldn't come as a shock to most in the Scottish game / the fans, highlights how broken our management of the game is. Change is needed now (or maybe after this one final sh*t show... just so we can LOL at Rangers yet again )
    I am sure that Celtic fans will be hoping that over 75% of fixtures are not completed. Wonder if there is a percentage of games that need to be completed before they can finish the season. If it was "null and void" Hearts would not be promoted.😂😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    I am sure that Celtic fans will be hoping that over 75% of fixtures are not completed. Wonder if there is a percentage of games that need to be completed before they can finish the season. If it was "null and void" Hearts would not be promoted.😂😂😂😂😂
    Well, When you put it like that ... Keep the board!

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    There is no plan. The SPFL Board suggested one, but that was rejected by the clubs. The clubs haven't come up with an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    There is no plan. The SPFL Board suggested one, but that was rejected by the clubs. The clubs haven't come up with an alternative.
    I knew that but I think now is the time for clubs to come up with one. In the event of the ending of the season early my feeling is that as long as each club has played each other home and away that would be fair. Don't know if there any other precedents set in war time?
    Last edited by gbhibby; 15-01-2021 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    My recollection is that their "plan" was only to empower the board to make a decision if required, rather than a proper proposal detailing what would happen in particular eventualities.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    My recollection is that their "plan" was only to empower the board to make a decision if required, rather than a proper proposal detailing what would happen in particular eventualities.
    That’s correct, it was to put any decision in the hands of the board rather than the clubs. When that was rejected the clubs should have been put round the table to discuss all potential outcomes, both through the season and at the season end (for example protocol breaches, postponed games, and how to define the season should it be cut short), instead of doing that, Doncaster took the huff and started moaning about the clubs not giving him the power.