hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I couldn't tell you.
    You seem to quote rules and protocols based on what is quoted in the press the press don't always get their facts right.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    Well you seem to be blindly taking them at their word, in that case.
    I assume these things can be checked. Leeann went public to say we weren't happy. Had the guy been lying why didn't Leeann say anything?

Or we can always assume the worst and bore everyone going on about conspiracies that don't exist.

I agree, but when Celtic made the request, nobody was going that mental about them travelling. That came much later.
    I did!

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    You seem to quote rules and protocols based on what is quoted in the press the press don't always get their facts right.
    FFS this is getting boring.

Go and research them then and come back to show me where I'm wrong.

I couldn't tell you.

No problem, it was more a general question

(probably shouldn't have quoted you )

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    No problem, it was more a general question

(probably shouldn't have quoted you )
    You were right to ask. The guy's explanation did seem a bit far fetched, but given he wasn't contradicted by the very irate Leeann Dempster, nor the MSM, nor the hoardes of hun orcs who spend their lives dissecting everything Celtic do maybe he was telling the truth.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 13-01-2021 at 02:10 PM.

FFS this is getting boring.

Go and research them then and come back to show me where I'm wrong.
    I have better things to do with my time. It would help if you could paste the information from the SPFL and SFA other posters have done this. I have no doubt that you have done your research. I have looked at some stuff on their rules but lost the will to live.

I have better things to do with my time. It would help if you could paste the information from the SPFL and SFA other posters have done this. I have no doubt that you have done your research. I have looked at some stuff on their ruled but lost the will to live.
    OK I'll get back to you.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 13-01-2021 at 02:13 PM.

OK I'll get back to you.
    Please don't waste your time life is too short. 😁😁😁

Yesterday's events highlighted the lack of leadership and organisation in the hierarchy of the Scottish game. The game has had think tank after think tank and what has been achieved, zilch. The organisation of the bodies is old fashioned and outdated and there is too much duplication. These organisations are for the benefit of the clubs not for the benefit of the people who are employed or serve on committees. I thought that Rod Petrie would make a difference but he has become the invisible man.
    The system is broken and needs fixed. The clubs in the lower leagues must be raging at what happened yesterday. Just seen in the news that the compliance officer is looking now at pictures of Celtic players on their trip. These pictures were in the public domain last week.
    I don't think it's very well run [anyone remember the Ernie Walker / Jim Farry initiative about 30yrs ago that was supposed to look at the future of Scottish football but never produced anything?] but the recent fiasco is down to the decision of one club to have a wee holiday in Dubai (though it was facilitated by decision to change the date of their next fixture). Whilst the trip may have met the letter of the rules it didn't meet the spirit of the rules.

In my opinion, Scottish Football is in transition from being run in the interests of 1 club [Celtic] to 2 clubs [The Rangers and Celtic]. The various alphabets involved in running the game missed their opportunity to change things after Rangers were liquidated and Sevco were granted a place in League 2.
    Sadly I don't expect anything to change for the better.
    Last edited by Is It On....; 13-01-2021 at 02:41 PM.

There's a provision in the SPFL rules where the home club can request to move the fixture within the same weekend. I was surprised that Monday night is included in the weekend but apparently that's the case. Nobody "bent over backwards" for Celtic and any club can do the same thing. Even though Hibs objected, standard procedure is to grant the request (or so we've been told - I'd imagine there must be precedent).

They haven't broken any rules so talk of them getting away with murder is just daft.

Time to get over it I think.
    They could, and should have put a game on last midweek for Celtic to catch up on. That way there wouldn’t have been a request out to them.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    They could, and should have put a game on last midweek for Celtic to catch up on. That way there wouldn’t have been a request out to them.
    But they didn't. There's no point going around in circles.

I'm not saying it's right, but it's done.

I agree, but when Celtic made the request, nobody was going that mental about them travelling. That came much later.
    Celtic fans were making noises about them going on the trip on social media but they chose to ignore their fans.

They had that option though, and they had the option to reject the request on the grounds of health and safety and to catch up on games. There’s nothing in the rules that states that they had to be granted permission. It’s purely down to Iain Blair and the board and they’ve got it spectacularly wrong.

They had that option though, and they had the option to reject the request on the grounds of health and safety and to catch up on games. There’s nothing in the rules that states that they had to be granted permission. It’s purely down to Iain Blair and the board and they’ve got it spectacularly wrong.

So let’s just forget about it and not look into what became an absolute shambles? Essentially saying it doesn’t matter what decisions they make, once they’re done they’re done and we should just move on.

So let’s just forget about it and not look into what became an absolute shambles? Essentially saying it doesn’t matter what decisions they make, once they’re done they’re done and we should just move on.
    There we go with the "absolute shambles" stuff again.

If you're going to "look into it" why do it on here? Any answer you don't like you just ignore and repeat the same questions and accusations over and over.

There we go with the "absolute shambles" stuff again.

If you're going to "look into it" why do it on here? Any answer you don't like you just ignore and repeat the same questions and accusations over and over.
    You were the one that stated that it’s in the rules that the game will be moved when a request is made by the home club. Even though that’s not the case. It gets taken to the board and in any normal organisation, the thoughts of both clubs, along with the reasons for changing the game, should be taken into account. The game was moved for ‘player welfare’ reasons - how is that looking now? Oh yes, with numerous players self isolating and at risk of contracting a virus. Great decision.

You were the one that stated that it’s in the rules that the game will be moved when a request is made by the home club. Even though that’s not the case. It gets taken to the board and in any normal organisation, the thoughts of both clubs, along with the reasons for changing the game, should be taken into account. The game was moved for ‘player welfare’ reasons - how is that looking now? Oh yes, with numerous players self isolating and at risk of contracting a virus. Great decision.
    What do you want me to say?

You've decided that things should have been done a certain way - FWIW I agree, however things were done differently, possibly even in line with precedent, and no rules were broken in the process.

You really have to calm down with this as you can't be doing yourself any good.

You've decided that things should have been done a certain way - FWIW I agree, however things were done differently, possibly even in line with precedent, and no rules were broken in the process.

I’m calm, this conversation is about the management of our game though. There seems to be plenty appetite through the game for change and I agree with them. Whether rules were broken or not, I don’t agree with the decisions, neither do Hibs for that matter (Jack Ross’ constant digs in the press last week and the subsequent statement on Monday). You don’t seem to believe that we should try and better our sport, I disagree and feel that we should be looking into every aspect of decision making. Quite clear the disregard they also had for the lower leagues based on the process of stopping their leagues.

I’m calm, this conversation is about the management of our game though. There seems to be plenty appetite through the game for change and I agree with them. Whether rules were broken or not, I don’t agree with the decisions, neither do Hibs for that matter (Jack Ross’ constant digs in the press last week and the subsequent statement on Monday). You don’t seem to believe that we should try and better our sport, I disagree and feel that we should be looking into every aspect of decision making.
    Don't presume to know what I believe or disbelieve.

Quite clear the disregard they also had for the lower leagues based on the process of stopping their leagues.
    As I said previously, I think the 3 week suspension for these leagues, made up of part time teams, probably isn't a bad thing. That's just my opinion which I don't feel strongly enough about to defend, so please don't go looking for another argument - I won't reply.

Don't presume to know what I believe or disbelieve.

As I said previously, I think the 3 week suspension for these leagues, made up of part time teams, probably isn't a bad thing. That's just my opinion which I don't feel strongly enough about to defend, so please don't go looking for another argument - I won't reply.
    It’s not the stopping of the leagues that’s the issue, it’s clear the communications of such have been handled poorly yet again, such that complaints are raining in all over the shop. Just like the communications with us about the change of date for the Celtic game was complained about. We can do so much better.

First Team Breakthrough declan macmanus's Avatar
    It’s not the stopping of the leagues that’s the issue, it’s clear the communications of such have been handled poorly yet again, such that complaints are raining in all over the shop. Just like the communications with us about the change of date for the Celtic game was complained about. We can do so much better.
    I think stopping the lower two leagues only is an issue.. Falkirk and Partick who are both full time are right to question why they can't even train when there are part time clubs in the championship where players are going into other workplaces and then playing games (presumably going into work AFTER being tested a few days before that weekends fixtures).

The Championship should have been suspended too but I presume they didn't want the backlash from Hearts again...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55644550

Falkirk having a go at the authorities over their handling of the suspension of the leagues.

I gave you a bit of feedback on the tone of your posts coming accross as agressive clearly you have chose to ignore that. You assumed that the poster was in a heightened mental state a should calm down. You will go on the defensive no doubt when and if you reply to this post.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55644550

Falkirk having a go at the authorities over their handling of the suspension of the leagues.
    They’ve got a good set of points ..for the league to make that call without involving the clubs impacted is another shocking chapter. They should have at least been consulted..

@hibs.net private member
    I Have heard Celtic fans claim it’s an anti catholic conspiracy that’s taking place as the Scottish establishment don’t want 10 in a row. Some people just need to step back from this and just say it’s been a PR disaster and as a club they ****ed up. It’s nothing to do with religion it’s about Celtic believing they were right to choose to go or not

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    They’ve got a good set of points ..for the league to make that call without involving the clubs impacted is another shocking chapter. They should have at least been consulted..
    This goes back to my original post. I can see the benefit of the shutdown as part time players are likely to be in multiple bubbles. There seems to be lack of professionalism in the hierarchy of the game especially if what is being quoted by the BBC is accurate.

@hibs.net private member

Management of Scottish Footbal

This goes back to my original post. I can see the benefit of the shutdown as part time players are likely to be in multiple bubbles. There seems to be lack of professionalism in the hierarchy of the game especially if what is being quoted by the BBC is accurate.
    the SFA/SPFL told Hibs that there is no risk of Covid infection during a game (as they did this week)..what’s the issue with lower league games continuing ??

Tbh, though, my main point is that the lower leagues have been given up as a sacrifice to issues bouncing around the top tier of scottish football without being allowed a voice in the matter ..it is so disrespectful for a member organisation to do this ...

Turns out clubs had absolutely no right of questioning at today’s meeting, 2 days after 20 clubs were told to stop all training and games they can’t question it. Clubs still haven’t received money from government, no right of questioning. Potential for season ending early, no right of questioning.

Couple that with yet another game called off on a 4G tonight, needs to be a rethink on the rules around them, they’re gaining a financial advantage while not putting procedures in place in regards heating or drainage.