hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What assumptions? Are you saying the pictures were incorrect? Or that Kennedy was intentionally painting his club in bad light about protocol breaches? Or the fact 13 isolating shows that there were clear breaches? Only reason Celtic got the game on was due to the size of their squad, so they’ll get away with it, st mirren and Killie weren’t as lucky to have a big squad and got hammered for it. That shouldn’t come into it. It suits the big teams. A breach is a breach whether game goes ahead or not.

Hibs also said that the SPFL have agreed to postpone the semi final and Jack Ross said that he spent hours on the phone, are you saying that’s both untrue as well? Crazy.
    What did I say was untrue?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    What did I say was untrue?
    Unless all those people are lying then none of it is assumptions. And the pictures are fairly clear and obvious. You keep banging on about protocols and rules, these were broken and were admitted to have been broken, but because the game goes ahead Celtic get away with it, that’s the reality of the situation.

Unless all those people are lying then none of it is assumptions. And the pictures are fairly clear and obvious. You keep banging on about protocols and rules, these were broken and were admitted to have been broken, but because the game goes ahead Celtic get away with it, that’s the reality of the situation.
    OK.

We're going around in circles and I'm not going to keep on repeating myself.

All I will say is that your post is based almost entirely on assumptions. The powers that be work with facts and with a set of rules which applies to everyone.

Some people seem hell bent on believing otherwise.
    We all know that the powers that be have to abide by the rules etc that were agreed by the clubs but my original post was, and I would like your thoughts if the powers that be handled both the events yesterday the lower league issue and the celtic trip situation professionally?

My understanding is that when the players are on the pitch either playing or training then the 2 metre rule isn't enforced.
    When you see the subs sitting in the stands they are normally well socially distanced from each other.
    Having seen pictures from Dubai on social media how were they allowed to sit 2 to a sunbed?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by telford hibbee View Post
    My understanding is that when the players are on the pitch either playing or training then the 2 metre rule isn't enforced.
    When you see the subs sitting in the stands they are normally well socially distanced from each other.
    Having seen pictures from Dubai on social media how were they allowed to sit 2 to a sunbed?
    Yeah when we are talking about breaches of protocols what we are saying is that when not training or playing the usual social distancing should be adhered to.

In terms of the pictures, I’m not sure Id like to see evidence of what our own players are doing in their own time, particularly with each other. I think given they are all testing regularly and training and playing together then they may feel, wrongly of course in terms of the guidance, that they are in company that they know is safe.

I saw a couple of players from a team I won’t name Christmas shopping together. I know they don’t live together and they weren’t distanced. It will be happening everywhere unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    We all know that the powers that be have to abide by the rules etc that were agreed by the clubs but my original post was, and I would like your thoughts if the powers that be handled both the events yesterday the lower league issue and the celtic trip situation professionally?
    I've said enough about yesterday. With the rules that are currently in place, I don't see what the authorities did wrong.

People keep speaking about photos & sun loungers, but all that mattered for yesterday was isolating those that had been in close contact with Jullien and making sure that those that played had tested negative within the approved time frame.

As for Celtic’s trip, for what it's worth I think they were wrong to go (same as everyone else), but they had the right to do it. Should the authorities have changed the rules at the last minute to stop Celtic going? That's a different story, but it should be remembered that elite sport isn't just football.

As for the lower leagues, what is there to do? The majority of these clubs are part time therefore their players and staff are far higher risk than those at Hibs or the like. Even if they had the money for testing I'm not sure they'd be safe enough. I think the 3 week shut down is probably sensible but who knows how long it will really last.

I've said enough about yesterday. With the rules that are currently in place, I don't see what the authorities did wrong.

People keep speaking about photos & sun loungers, but all that mattered for yesterday was isolating those that had been in close contact with Jullien and making sure that those that played had tested negative within the approved time frame.

As for Celtic’s trip, for what it's worth I think they were wrong to go (same as everyone else), but they had the right to do it. Should the authorities have changed the rules at the last minute to stop Celtic going? That's a different story, but it should be remembered that elite sport isn't just football.

As for the lower leagues, what is there to do? The majority of these clubs are part time therefore their players and staff are far higher risk than those at Hibs or the like. Even if they had the money for testing I'm not sure they'd be safe enough. I think the 3 week shut down is probably sensible but who knows how long it will really last.
    Don't disagree with any of that. I think the powers that be need to front up and make statements to camera rather than hiding behind press releases it's what has to be done sometimes to gain respect. Protocols are not set in stone and need to be looked at as the virus is not going away

@hibs.net private member

Totally agree. There is little or nothing, within the rules, that the authorities could have done differently. I just don’t get why people are so very desperate to throw mud at authority just for the sake of it.

It seems to me that all of the “evidence” being presented of “shambles” is actions committed or omitted by Celtic football club. Plenty of evidence they are a shambles but not seeing much wrong with what the SPFL/SFA/JRG/SG have done in this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Totally agree. There is little or nothing, within the rules, that the authorities could have done differently. I just don’t get why people are so very desperate to throw mud at authority just for the sake of it.

It seems to me that all of the “evidence” being presented of “shambles” is actions committed or omitted by Celtic football club. Plenty of evidence they are a shambles but not seeing much wrong with what the SPFL/SFA/JRG/SG have done in this instance.
    I mean, apart from at the beginning letting them go while having 3 games in hand to catch up on with 2 free midweeks to do so when they know how difficult it is to fit games in this season (there own words). That’s just for starters though.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post

They could have said "don't go to Dubai in the middle of a pandemic" / "no we won't rearrange that fixture against Hibs' wishes" and this would've been done and dusted with none of the resulting controversy. That simple.

I mean, apart from at the beginning letting them go while having 3 games in hand to catch up on with 2 free midweeks to do so when they know how difficult it is to fit games in this season (there own words). That’s just for starters though.
    Great. You're right. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    They could have said "don't go to Dubai in the middle of a pandemic" / "no we won't rearrange that fixture against Hibs' wishes" and this would've been done and dusted with none of the resulting controversy. That simple.
    But they didn't. End of story!

Its hard to decide if you are Jason Leitch or Desmond Desmond.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Its hard to decide if you are Jason Leitch or Desmond Desmond.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    I think he's just giving a fair view on what the current rules are, not what we would all like them to be.

Same as the Duffy thread - there are all sorts of interpretations which are what people would like to think is happening but those aren't the rules and pieces of guidance that are in place.

Celtic are the ones that really had to look at the situation and judge whether they really needed a training camp. The 'authorities' have done what they could do with the current rules in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Sarf View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...pologise-dubai

Almost beginning to feel sorry for the Celtc fans.

Nah.
    That’s actually a good piece by Ewan Murray, who normally says nothing I agree with. ‘Entitlement culture’ is definitely the best word to describe the current world Celtic inhabit.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I think he's just giving a fair view on what the current rules are, not what we would all like them to be.

Same as the Duffy thread - there are all sorts of interpretations which are what people would like to think is happening but those aren't the rules and pieces of guidance that are in place.

Celtic are the ones that really had to look at the situation and judge whether they really needed a training camp. The 'authorities' have done what they could do with the current rules in place.
    Andy I think the poster asking if he was Jason Leitch or Dermot Desmond was meant to be humorous. I was asked in a previous post if I was Jason Leitch I responded Aw Naw I have been rumbled.

Well no it's not end of story is it?

It suggest that the authorities are happy to bend over backwards for Celtic and you saying "end of story" is an attitude which, if widespread enough, will allow them to do it again and again.

Well no it's not end of story is it?

It suggest that the authorities are happy to bend over backwards for Celtic and you saying "end of story" is an attitude which, if widespread enough, will allow them to do it again and again.
    They didn't bend over backwards at all, in fact they would have had to change the rules to stop Celtic going.

Can't you see that?

And it's done now so what's the point in banging on about it?

They didn't bend over backwards at all, in fact they would have had to change the rules to stop Celtic going.

Can't you see that?

How would they have had to change the rules? By not changing our fixture this could have all been prevented. Celtic are passing the buck onto the JRG. If they'd said no to their request in November (like any normal country would) then this would've been avoided. What's the point in banging on about it? I'll just bump this thread next time Celtic are allowed to get away with murder.

How would they have had to change the rules? By not changing our fixture this could have all been prevented. Celtic are passing the buck onto the JRG. If they'd said no to their request in November (like any normal country would) then this would've been avoided. What's the point in banging on about it? I'll just bump this thread next time Celtic are allowed to get away with murder.
    There's a provision in the SPFL rules where the home club can request to move the fixture within the same weekend. I was surprised that Monday night is included in the weekend but apparently that's the case. Nobody "bent over backwards" for Celtic and any club can do the same thing. Even though Hibs objected, standard procedure is to grant the request (or so we've been told - I'd imagine there must be precedent).

They haven't broken any rules so talk of them getting away with murder is just daft.

Time to get over it I think.

Yup. Whole thing is a complete cluster****. One thing after the other.

There's a provision in the SPFL rules where the home club can request to move the fixture within the same weekend. I was surprised that Monday night is included in the weekend but apparently that's the case. Nobody "bent over backwards" for Celtic and any club can do the same thing. Even though Hibs objected, standard procedure is to grant the request (or so we've been told - I'd imagine there must be precedent).

They haven't broken any rules so talk of them getting away with murder is just daft.

Has there ever been any previous instances of a club requesting a game to be moved, where the other club objected but the SPFL (or SPL) granted the request regardless?

If there has, and this is therefore the standard practice, then we have to just accept that.

However, if this is the first time this has ever happened, then I think it's reasonable to question why the authorities granted the request in this intance

Can't you see that?

Yes it's all done and dusted and there are more important things to be concerned with. There needs to be a moment of reflection from the SPFL SFA and Celtic football club. Celtic fans on social media were against them going on the trip, dubious if it met the criteria for elite sports. Scottish Government directives were to work from home where possible. Celtic have their own training facility. SPFL and SFA needed to grow a pair and told Celtic the would not sanction the trip. The SPFL and SFA then allowed Celtic to move their fixture because they were on the trip, there was an alternative because Hibs raised objections Celtic could have been told that they would have to reduce the length of their trip. Sometimes difficult decisions have to be made by people in charge that what they are paid to do.

@hibs.net private member

When two clubs can't agree, the home club get their way. It was clearly made up and if it had been the other way about, you can guarantee we would have been told to bolt. So yes, there was plenty of 'bending over backwards' for Celtic as per usual.

They know fine well they shouldn't have gone to Dubai. To constantly defend them when they've clearly taking the **** out of Hibs, football in this country and even their own fans is beyond belief.

Some people need to start seeing Celtic for what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    When two clubs can't agree, the home club get their way. It was clearly made up and if it had been the other way about, you can guarantee we would have been told to bolt. So yes, there was plenty of 'bending over backwards' for Celtic as per usual.

They know fine well they shouldn't have gone to Dubai. To constantly defend them when they've clearly taking the **** out of Hibs, football in this country and even their own fans is beyond belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Has there ever been any previous instances of a club requesting a game to be moved, where the other club objected but the SPFL (or SPL) granted the request regardless?

If there has, and this is therefore the standard practice, then we have to just accept that.

However, if this is the first time this has ever happened, then I think it's reasonable to question why the authorities granted the request in this intance
    I couldn't tell you.

I couldn't tell you.
    Well you seem to be blindly taking them at their word, in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    Yes it's all done and dusted and there are more important things to be concerned with. There needs to be a moment of reflection from the SPFL SFA and Celtic football club. Celtic fans on social media were against them going on the trip, dubious if it met the criteria for elite sports. Scottish Government directives were to work from home where possible. Celtic have their own training facility. SPFL and SFA needed to grow a pair and told Celtic the would not sanction the trip. The SPFL and SFA then allowed Celtic to move their fixture because they were on the trip, there was an alternative because Hibs raised objections Celtic could have been told that they would have to reduce the length of their trip. Sometimes difficult decisions have to be made by people in charge that what they are paid to do.
    I agree, but when Celtic made the request, nobody was going that mental about them travelling. That came much later.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post

I'm not defending them.