hibs.net Messageboard

Welcome Chris Cadden

Now he’s officially a player for us and signed on a 2.5 year deal, what do we know about him and where do we think he’ll be played?

From what I know his main attributes is his running power and physicality, the type that will run all day. Not sure he get many goals or assists from a wide position and that was his main reason to moving to wing back and then right back where he was supposedly very good for Oxford.

In terms of where he will play for us I’m not sure as Boyle and McGinn have been good in that side and you’d imagine they’d be first picks. The only thing I can think of is Cadden moves to wing back with Boyle going up top with Nisbet in a 352?

.....................Marciano...............

.........McGinn....Porteous.....Hanlon....

Cadden......Irvine.......Newell..........Doig.....

........................Murphy.........

...............Boyle............Nisbet........

He has also previous played as part of a midfield 3, could we see him being deployed there for his energy and direct running?

.....................Marciano...........

McGinn.....Porteous.....Hanlon....Doig...

...........Cadden...Irvine....Newell...

Boyle.......................................Murphy ......

......................Nisbet.........

All of a sudden we have a very mobile and powerful midfield.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Unseen work; 15-01-2021 at 06:33 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now he’s officially a player for us and signed on a 2.5 year deal, what do we know about him and where do we think he’ll be played?

From what I know his main attributes is his running power and physicality, the type that will run all day. Not sure he get many goals or assists from a wide position and that was his main reason to moving to wing back and then right back where he was supposedly very good for Oxford.

In terms of where he will play for us I’m not sure as Boyle and McGinn have been good in that side and you’d imagine they’d be first picks. The only thing I can think of is Cadden moves to wing back with Boyle going up top with Nisbet in a 352?

.....................Marciano...............

.........McGinn....Porteous.....Hanlon....

Cadden......Irvine.......Newell..........Doig.....

........................Murphy.........

...............Boyle............Nisbet........

Thoughts?
    I really like Jackson Irvine, I'm one of those folk who barely notice opposition players unless they really stand out and I seem to recall noticing him at Ross County. Cadden has always been well thought of, so could be a real asset if he lives up to that.

I have to say, if young Doig can continue his progress that has the potential to be one hell of a team and neither Doidge or Allan are even in it

Oh and PS .... Welcome to Hibs Mr Cadden

Welcome Chris. Think Hibs will be a good fit and looking forward to seeing him in action.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Welcome Chris !