hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds

Since Jack Ross took over....

NO OTHER TEAM, outside the Old Firm, have taken more points, than Hibernian FC has.

Just gonna start with that very important fact.

Next, the ridiculous comments made by so many Hibs fans on social media regarding last night's match, is literally blowing my mind.

If anyone is being honest within themselves and saying they wouldn't have taken the majority, and I argue all but 3, of that starting Celtic 11, I honestly think you should be on medication, and fast. That Celtic 11 would beat Hibs the majority of the time 10 games in a row. Would finish above Hibs comfortably, is on 10...15x more money than our starting 11.

Frimpong, Laxalt, Duffy, Turnbull, McGregor, Rogic, Soro, Johnston

Those players we'd bite their hands off for and have undoubted talents that would massively inhance us.

Recognizing that obvious talent and threat, Ross set us up with the protection of Gogic and in a manor that would eliminate that (obvious) Celtic talent, to get a hold of the game and over run us. A set up that every other team does against the Old Firm, and some to FAR more degree than Hibs.
    Yet with that said we still more than imposed ourselves on the game and have the most shots, shots on, corners, touches in opposition box. That in its own right is commendable at Park Head, never mind the fact we got a point!

I think so many people have got caught up in the '13 players out isolating' that they have completely lost sight of who actually started for Celtic yesterday and how deep their squad is!
    Not to mention we had a debut goalkeeper thrown in for the first time with a defense, and also arguably our best player (who has started EVERY game this season) Boyle, out.

The amount of negativity regarding last night? Wow, remarkable.

Well done Hibs. Great point! And lastly well done Jack Ross in getting the most points outwith the Old Firm since taking charge! Looking forward to a fine tuning of the squad in this window and the summers as we continue to push on. Another Nesbit would be nice! (You know folks, that guy who is the top scorer in the league? Yep that's the one).

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

Bang on

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    That Celtic XI would beat Hibs 10 games in a row?

I’d hazard a guess very few Celtic XIs have managed that, never mind that one last night that didn’t manage to beat us.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NO OTHER TEAM, outside the Old Firm, have taken more points, than Hibernian FC has.

Next, the ridiculous comments made by so many Hibs fans on social media regarding last night's match, is literally blowing my mind.

If anyone is being honest within themselves and saying they wouldn't have taken the majority, and I argue all but 3, of that starting Celtic 11, I honestly think you should be on medication, and fast. That Celtic 11 would beat Hibs the majority of the time 10 games in a row. Would finish above Hibs comfortably, is on 10...15x more money than our starting 11.

Those players we'd bite their hands off for and have undoubted talents that would massively inhance us.

Recognizing that obvious talent and threat, Ross set us up with the protection of Gogic and in a manor that would eliminate that (obvious) Celtic talent, to get a hold of the game and over run us. A set up that every other team does against the Old Firm, and some to FAR more degree than Hibs.
    Yet with that said we still more than imposed ourselves on the game and have the most shots, shots on, corners, touches in opposition box. That in its own right is commendable at Park Head, never mind the fact we got a point!

I think so many people have got caught up in the '13 players out isolating' that they have completely lost sight of who actually started for Celtic yesterday and how deep their squad is!
    Not to mention we had a debut goalkeeper thrown in for the first time with a defense, and also arguably our best player (who has started EVERY game this season) Boyle, out.

Well done Hibs. Great point! And lastly well done Jack Ross in getting the most points outwith the Old Firm since taking charge! Looking forward to a fine tuning of the squad in this window and the summers as we continue to push on. Another Nesbit would be nice! (You know folks, that guy who is the top scorer in the league? Yep that's the one).

GGTTH
    Well said, sir.

Though just to be Captain Pedantic, these comments of others are not "literally" blowing your mind. That would be awful.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post

I’d hazard a guess very few Celtic XIs have managed that, never mind that one last night that didn’t manage to beat us.
    Agree, not having that. They had zero threat going forward.

There midfield was strong but that was it really, IMO.

@hibs.net private member
    I think a draw was a decent result last night but it was another fairly uninspiring performance.

Ross absolutely needs more time but some very big games coming up for him and the players that will likely decide our season.

We need to get back to winning games and showing a real threat going forward against Killie.

I still don’t think he knows his best team or best formation. Could do with working on set pieces and throw ins. Ball retention and creativity is lacking. Everything is quite slow and methodical, need more energy drive hunger swagger and character and we’d win more games. Most posters seem to accept 4th and a final are achievements and that’s probably what jack Ross will consistently get us.. it’s just all abit boring

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zambernardi1875 View Post
    I still don’t think he knows his best team or best formation. Could do with working on set pieces and throw ins. Ball retention and creativity is lacking. Everything is quite slow and methodical, need more energy drive hunger swagger and character and we’d win more games. Most posters seem to accept 4th and a final are achievements and that’s probably what jack Ross will consistently get us.. it’s just all abit boring
    Throw ins. Where have we heard that before?

Virtually every Hibs team I’ve watched since 1988 is rubbish at throw ins.

From my kids teams to Hibs, it does my head in.

J

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zambernardi1875 View Post

that would be more than most of our managers have ever consistently gotten us. Last night he was missing Magennis, Boyle, Allan...all of them forward going creative players. I'm sure we would see a different Hibs if we had not had always around 4 or so first picks out for most of the season . He is also early on in his journey. The type of signings he is being associated with give me confidence he knows what he is doing. Particularly at a time when our budget is curtailed. Whilst the style of football is perhaps a bit more Aberdeen like than we are used to. I like the structure and discipline he is bringing to the side. Last night's point was so important as it broke the run of defeats. I'm expecting Ross to improve us during the second half of the season.

There is no debate to be had over Ross.
    Terrific appointment by the club and seen nothing that suggests otherwise,a few frustrating results but that’s gonna happen.
    We need to build this team up and allow a manager a few years at it.
    Fed up with this punt/leave nonsense serves us no good.
    We need players in that deliver week in week out not when they fancy like some in the squad and hard decisions need made on a few players at the club.
    For me the Ross bandwagon rolls on!

Left by mutual consent!
    Said on another thread that it was a good point under the circumstances of what must have been a difficult and frustrating lead up to the game.

That being said Celtic were there for the taking and at the time the cynic in me did think Jack Ross was going for the point when he brought Lewy on at half time.

I think other posters are frustrated with the type of performances. That is Jack's 9th point from 42 in League games v Rangers Celtic Hearts and Aberdeen.

I think Jack should be backed as he isn't going anywhere, we have a semi final coming up and we do need stability. We need a manager here for the long term. It's worked fairly well for Aberdeen.
    Last edited by Allez Hibs; 12-01-2021 at 09:52 AM.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    Said on another thread that it was a good point under the circumstances of what must have been a difficult and frustrating lead up to the game.

That being said Celtic were there for the taking and at the time the cynic in me did think Jack Ross was going for the point when he brought Lewy on at half time.

I think other posters are frustrated with the type of performances. That is Jack's 9th point from 42 in League games v Rangers Celtic Hearts and Aberdeen.

I think Jack should be backed as he isn't going anywhere, we have a semi final coming up and we do need stability. We need a manager here for the long term. It's worked fairly well for Aberdeen.
    Stevenson came on as Doig was injured, he also took off Wright and brought on Doidge. I wouldn’t say that was going for a point.

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent!
    The problem on here is people don't read posts properly and just see what they want to see to cause a debate.

I said at the time, meaning not knowing Doig was injured.

I agree. Feel like a lot of the loudest moaners have lost a bit of perspective (albeit they are entitled to their opinions as we all are). Our squad is really small this season to help mitigate financial disaster because of covid-19. On top of that Allan, Magennis, Murphy and Mallan have all been out ill or injured for large spells. If they were all fit and firing consistently I'm 99% certain we'd be winning more games and drawing the tougher ones (Aberdeen and Huns). That being said, Ross is still getting results with this threadbare squad (we've taken points off both sides of the Glasgow two) and getting the best out of some of our more average players (Hallberg is playing the best I've seen from him in a Hibs jersey).
    He is a good manager doing a good job in horrendous circumstances. I hope he stays with us and is able to build a bigger squad of quality players post-covid. Feel for him and the Club during this pandemic. I don't think any of them are getting the credit they deserve at the minute.
    I was happy with the point last night, when I saw their "depleted" starting 11 I knew it was going to be a hard game and bar a moment of sheer quality from Turnbull (pretty sure they paid £4m for the boy) it would've been 3 points and a win for us. We have helped hammer another nail in their 10 in a row coffin which is pretty satisfying
    I also don't think the football we play is as boring as a lot of people seem to think it is either. We look really organised and always look a threat when we're attacking. Would love to see Allan, Magennis and Newell together with Boyle, Murphy, Nisbet and Doidge but it just hasn't happened yet this season.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    The problem on here is people don't read posts properly and just see what they want to see to cause a debate.

I said at the time, meaning not knowing Doig was injured.
    That wasn’t clear in your post.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

That's not what the post says.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Stevenson came on as Doig was injured, he also took off Wright and brought on Doidge. I wouldn’t say that was going for a point.
    Said on another thread that we ended the game with, Nisbet, Doidge, Murphy and Mallan on the park. That's a lot of attacking players and not a tackle between them. People were screaming for him to bring on Gullan instead of McGinn too. If some fans managed the team we'd be relegated.
    Last edited by Since452; 12-01-2021 at 10:11 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    I actually think all the talk about Jack Ross and the fact he is crap, should be sacked, Nisbet’s goal saved his job etc is nothing to do with Jack Ross.

There is a going trend, trait, call it whatever you want going on just now if folk talking absolute ***** online. Extreme *****!

This time next month there will be as many extreme comments on here about something else other than Jack Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    I actually think all the talk about Jack Ross and the fact he is crap, should be sacked, Nisbet’s goal saved his job etc is nothing to do with Jack Ross.

There is a going trend, trait, call it whatever you want going on just now if folk talking absolute ***** online. Extreme *****!

This time next month there will be as many extreme comments on here about something else other than Jack Ross.
    I'd like to start it off by saying Jackson Irvine is the worst player i've ever seen in a Hibs shirt and Graham Mathie should be sacked for for his sheer incompetence. Beating St Johnstone on penalties is unforgivable. Ross needs to go.

Can’t tell you how happy I am to log onto here and see a thread praising Jack Ross. I’ve been saying it for a long time and I’m happy someone else feels the same, great post .

Testimonial Due
    Never understood some fans clamour to stick the knife into a jack Ross tbh.

A likeable guy, who players seem to like and enjoy playing for. Speaks sense most the time I listen to his interviews

Has us where you’d expect. Is in charge of us during a time we trimmed our squad that it’s tiny, but seems to be getting best out of guys like Newell, Mcginn and Nisbet.

Developing young Doig ay left back. Smart signing in Murphy (when he’s fit)

Irvine / Cadden would be solid signings to come in so he can slowly start relying on Hallberg / Wright as much.

All in all decent progress made under him. The return of Allan will be welcomed also into the team. Much work to be done and progress to be made but in these challenging times I’d say he’s doing a decent job and deserves the fans trust and support.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post

GGTTH
    Good post, it's easy to try and pick away at elements of it but the point that you're making is spot on.

Two semi-finals, 4th, knocking on 3rd's door, in the league and in with a great shout of winning some silverwear this season.

He's had to shrink the squad and lower the budget, deal with players taking wage deferrals etc and has been able to bring in some good emerging talent (Nisbet and Magennis are the notable ones there).

We're not perfect, some games we have been very poor (Livi and Ross County notably) but we also have had good performances as well, which seem to be more quickly forgotten than the bad performances have been.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Gamer IDs

Reread. 'The majority of the time, if played 10 times in a row.'

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    Well said, sir.

Though just to be Captain Pedantic, these comments of others are not "literally" blowing your mind. That would be awful.
    That's the Living in the States too long with the overuse of the word 'literally'. Forgive me!

He has been at hibs a little over a season and he has picked up the most points in the league barring last years champions and this years probable champions. If that's not progress from Hecky then I dont know what is.

If accepting steady progress rather than working miracles immediately is accepting mediocrity to some then that's up to them. But to me it's called being realistic.

@hibs.net private member
    You think the attention seeking is bad on here, it’s nothing compared to some of the garbage I read on the likes of Twitter/Facebook by so called Hibs fans. Jack Ross must go because we can’t be a Celtic reserve side, deary me.....Turnbull cost more than our whole team last night!

Testimonial Due
    Its the old adage, the more you give some fans the more they want!!!
    JR has done a sterling job in steering us up the league where we should be, and the few bad results and its meltdown on here???
    If we were perfect in the league a lot of supporters would be wanting Euro trophies next season!
    Long term supporters know you enjoy it while you can, as it soon goes back to the normal that none of us like!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    JR has done a sterling job in steering us up the league where we should be, and the few bad results and its meltdown on here???
    Read this type of comment quite a lot and don’t think it’s fair.

Despite results, overall, being decent under Ross I think the criticism has been fairly consistent. Even when results were better at the start of the season there was still quite a lot of people saying they didn’t find it particularly enjoyable. I don’t think criticism of him has just come on the back of a few results.