2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Strachan said he was allowed to play following a negative test

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IMG-20210111-WA0016.jpg

So how come he played?
    Because Kennedy didn’t understand what he was talking about when he said that.

There aren’t bubbles. There are protocols, testing and exemptions.

He was travelling as an elite sport person so was exempt from isolating. He had a negative test before the match and so he could play.

It is not correct to say he left a bubble or that he can’t travel on his own and still be exempt.

Good assist for the equaliser.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Good assist for the equaliser.
    Wouldn't mind if st Johnstone were somehow able to borrow him for the semi, or if all our future opponents had someone filling the Duffy Role.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    we requested he played

Surely if he travelled home on a normal flight he is subject to the same rules of isolation as normal joe bloggs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

He was travelling as an elite sport person so was exempt from isolating. He had a negative test before the match and so he could play.

It is not correct to say he left a bubble or that he can’t travel on his own and still be exempt.
    He never travelled as an elite sportsperson though, he travelled outwith that, on a commercial flight, after mingling with Joe Public.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    He never travelled as an elite sportsperson though, he travelled outwith that, on a commercial flight, after mingling with Joe Public.
    As do other elite sportsmen.

But neither Henry, nor many others within the Celtc group, adhered to those protocols.

In any event, bigger question is why Jullien was on the trip given his injury means he wasn't training.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Do they? Fairly sure Zungu at Rangers self isolated after signing as he came in on a passenger airline from a non exempt country.

I might be wrong, but I assume the point is he didn't return home to take part in competition as per the guidance. He returned home for personal reasons.

Testimonial Due
    Do they? Fairly sure Zungu at Rangers self isolated after signing as he came in on a passenger airline from a non exempt country.
    A high profile example, didn’t Cavani have to isolate when he signed for Man U?

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    I might be wrong, but I assume the point is he didn't return home to take part in competition as per the guidance. He returned home for personal reasons.
    I don't know the ins and outs of the rules. He went abroad in the first place under the premise of elite sport. It apparently makes no difference that he returned alone and took a commercial flight (as do golfers, etc.).

I was surprised to see him named too, but I think we can assume that Hibs would have objected if there were any grounds.

First Team Breakthrough
    But neither Henry, nor many others within the Celtc group, adhered to those protocols.

In any event, bigger question is why Jullien was on the trip given his injury means he wasn't training.
    On BBC Sport with Celtic saying it was so he could continue to get the treatment from physios

I don't know the ins and outs of the rules. He went abroad in the first place under the premise of elite sport. It apparently makes no difference that he returned alone and took a commercial flight (as do golfers, etc.).

I was surprised to see him named too, but I think we can assume that Hibs would have objected if there were any grounds.
    Why is he different to anyone else who was on that flight and is having to stay home for 7 to 10 days? When did he get back?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Why is he different to anyone else who was on that flight and is having to stay home for 7 to 10 days? When did he get back?
    As has been noted a number of times he was classed as an elite sports person travelling for competition or training purposes and was exempt from having to isolate.

He was also tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    I've no idea but those seem to be the rules.

I'd imagine it's to do with more frequent testing along with other things.

As has been noted a number of times he was classed as an elite sports person travelling for competition or training purposes and was exempt from having to isolate.

He was also tested.
    Not on the way back he wasn’t, as per the numerous other examples of players travelling to Scotland/UK and having to isolate. He left the training camp to mingle with others outwith his own bubble, before returning to Scotland.

He went on a social trip (family reasons) not a sporting one, would be a bit like a golfer going on holiday and not having to quarantine on return because they are an elite sportsperson.

He was also tested.
    Neither wonder we have huge numbers of outbreaks and cars of covid if those are the rules! He should have been isolating like everyone else on that flight.

Coaching Staff
    Not on the way back he wasn’t, as per the numerous other examples of players travelling to Scotland/UK and having to isolate. He left the training camp to mingle with others outwith his own bubble, before returning to Scotland.

He went on a social trip (family reasons) not a sporting one, would be a bit like a golfer going on holiday and not having to quarantine on return because they are an elite sportsperson.
    This isn’t how it works.

This isn’t how it works.
    I know that’s not how it works, hence why Duffy should’ve been quarantined. It’s quite clear the guidance on Elite Sportspersons travelling to and from events or training. Social stop offs in between aren’t permitted.

Coaching Staff
    I know that’s not how it works, hence why Duffy should’ve been quarantined. It’s quite clear the guidance on Elite Sportspersons travelling to and from events or training. Social stop offs in between aren’t permitted.
    There’s about 10 pages of guidance on it.

He was away on a training trip and then travelled home. That’s it. He was exempt from isolating when he came home.

There’s about 10 pages of guidance on it.

He was away on a training trip and then travelled home. That’s it. He was exempt from isolating when he came home.
    I think this comes down to an interpretation of what Kennedy meant by Duffy having left the club's "bubble".

What do you understand he meant by that?

Coaching Staff
    I think this comes down to an interpretation of what Kennedy meant by Duffy having left the club's "bubble".

What do you understand he meant by that?
    That he didn’t understand what he was talking about. Footballers aren’t in bubbles.

The fact he left training doesn’t matter. He had finished his overseas training and went home.

Why would they? He's a liability and better being played against us than not😉

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    That he didn’t understand what he was talking about. Footballers aren’t in bubbles.

The fact he left training doesn’t matter. He had finished his overseas training and went home.
    As a wee side note, I’m really pleased we missed out on him as manager (if it’s true he was first choice).

That’s twice in the last week he’s made a complete arse of himself and been caught out in the media.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    As a wee side note, I’m really pleased we missed out on him as manager (if it’s true he was first choice).

That’s twice in the last week he’s made a complete arse of himself and been caught out in the media.
    Yeah was the first time I had heard him speak and didn't come across well at all.

What are you basing your understanding of Kennedy's comments on? You seem very certain.

Whilst they might not be referred to as such, footballers are essentially in "bubbles" in terms of who they can have contact with. My interpretation of Kennedy's comments was that Duffy was going to have contact with someone else. That's the only thing that makes sense.

Coaching Staff
    What are you basing your understanding of Kennedy's comments on? You seem very certain.

Whilst they might not be referred to as such, footballers are essentially in "bubbles" in terms of who they can have contact with. My interpretation of Kennedy's comments was that Duffy was going to have contact with someone else. That's the only thing that makes sense.
    I’m basing it on him being wrong and me being right.😀

And no, footballers do not have ‘bubbles’ or any other interpretation of being kept away from other people.