hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Supporting hibs

First Team Regular ArmadaleHibs's Avatar

Supporting hibs

So we go to dark heed where we haven’t won in ten years, on the back of a bad few weeks for our club. With all the furore and mess of the last few days and what smeltic have created going to Dubai when they clearly shouldn’t have, it’s clear to say it’s been another strange few days in Scottish football. SFA lacking bollocks, Celtic arrogance, all adding up to another bun fest of a week.

We turn up, still a few players short of a full squad due to injuries but the biggest thing I’ve taken from today is that a lot, and I’m going by social media, a lot of hibs fans had us easily set up to pump a weakened smeltic. They were only four players short of their starting 11 at Ibrox last weekend. Still a very hard team to beat at darkheed.

Some of our fans have absolutely no patience and it seems to me they have had us competing for the title in the last few years with some of their statements in regards to the teams recent performances and they also have us down and out at every opportunity before the games even over. We played Celtic away. We didn’t lose, regardless of the smeltic starting 11. But in some (many) it’s not good enough. And some of the vitriol aimed at the players really needs to stop.

We finally have a manager that has matched every other team in the league, in fact bettered them all in terms of points withstanding the old firm. But it’s not good enough for some. Why? Performances won’t be great every week. It never bloody has been. We need to realise that something is being built here that we haven’t seen for a long long time. We are creating something I believe. Slowly but yes. Why all of a sudden is it not good enough. We’ve been pretty average for years so why the sudden outcry. Some of our fans need realisation and they need it quick. Don’t be so quick to put down and rip in.

We are hibs. I’ve watched and been attending home and away for 45 years. This is a good time to SUPPORT our team. A few bad results in another wise good season. Stop the bloody negativity at every opportunity. We’ve never been world beaters so why act like we are.

Tin hat is on, I’m past caring

Ggtth
    Last edited by ArmadaleHibs; 11-01-2021 at 10:21 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Great post. I post way less than I ever did on here as the negativity of late sucks the life out you.

I really think we are building something really good with this squad and manager and I'm enjoying the ups and downs of us getting there.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Excellent post.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmadaleHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So we go to dark heed where we haven’t won in ten years, on the back of a bad few weeks for our club. With all the furore and mess of the last few days and what smeltic have created going to Dubai when they clearly shouldn’t have, it’s clear to say it’s been another strange few days in Scottish football. SFA lacking bollocks, Celtic arrogance, all adding up to another bun fest of a week.

We turn up, still a few players short of a full squad due to injuries but the biggest thing I’ve taken from today is that a lot, and I’m going by social media, a lot of hibs fans had us easily set up to pump a weakened smeltic. They were only four players short of their starting 11 at Ibrox last weekend. Still a very hard team to beat at darkheed.

Some of our fans have absolutely no patience and it seems to me they have had us competing for the title in the last few years with some of their statements in regards to the teams recent performances and they also have us down and out at every opportunity before the games even over. We played Celtic away. We didn’t lose, regardless of the smeltic starting 11. But in some (many) it’s not good enough. And some of the vitriol aimed at the players really needs to stop.

We finally have a manager that has matched every other team in the league, in fact bettered them all in terms of points withstanding the old firm. But it’s not good enough for some. Why? Performances won’t be great every week. It never bloody has been. We need to realise that something is being built here that we haven’t seen for a long long time. We are creating something I believe. Slowly but yes. Why all of a sudden is it not good enough. We’ve been pretty average for years so why the sudden outcry. Some of our fans need realisation and they need it quick. Don’t be so quick to put down and rip in.

We are hibs. I’ve watched and been attending home and away for 45 years. This is a good time to SUPPORT our team. A few bad results in another wise good season. Stop the bloody negativity at every opportunity. We’ve never been world beaters so why act like we are.

Ggtth
    Excuse me we were world champions in 1887 and European Cup semi finalists in 1956.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Excuse me we were world champions in 1887 and European Cup semi finalists in 1956.
    Forgot about that. My bad

Ggtth

@hibs.net private member

Ggtth
    Well said. There's a bigger picture that so many don't see or ignore in their angry response to a misplaced pass or a couple of sub-par performances.

Tonight doesnt make up for the pishy results against ross county and livingston.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    Tonight doesnt make up for the pishy results against ross county and livingston.
    Was just about going to post this but never bothered haha.

No sure this would’ve been posted had we not equalised tonight

It doesn't have to.

@hibs.net private member
    Glad you got the point of the OP so well...

Your absolutely right, it doesn’t, but this season makes up a bit more than some of the pishy, and I mean pishy with a capital P, seasons we’ve had. Perspective is something our fans seem to have lost. We are so far ahead of the last 20/30 seasons we’ve had, but for some fans it’s just not good enough. We’re finally and signing players that do more. Yes some won’t hack it and they will go, but things are heading in the right direction. We’ve had a handful of slip ups compared to seasons of multiple failures.

Looking forward and up at long last, some fans need to support the team and stop the negativity. Look at some of the social media tonight when we went behind. Ridiculous. We never lost. Do we need to do better. Yes, but we are in the grand scheme

Ggtth

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Nobody is saying that, but we're in the midst of our best ever season in the top flight with regards to projected points total.

Perspective is always important

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    Great post. I post way less than I ever did on here as the negativity of late sucks the life out you.

I really think we are building something really good with this squad and manager and I'm enjoying the ups and downs of us getting there.
    Agree. There is massively negativity on Facebook to. I am so pleased with our point. Previous Hibs teams would have conceded again. I post much less regularly because of the negativity and criticism of anything you post. Prior to social media you only hears it in the ground or pub after the game. No the bairns are at 24/7. This is Hibs for the rest of your life. What do expect when the game is dominated financially by two teams? If you can't lump it then for your own mental health find something else to do with your time.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Agree. There is massively negativity on Facebook to. I am so pleased with our point. Previous Hibs teams would have conceded again. I post much less regularly because of the negativity and criticism of anything you post. Prior to social media you only hears it in the ground or pub after the game. No the bairns are at 24/7. This is Hibs for the rest of your life. What do expect when the game is dominated financially by two teams? If you can't lump it then for your own mental health find something else to do with your time.
    I really do recommend coming off social media for anyone giving it some thought. I’m still on Facebook but thinking of giving it the elbow too given the success of my Twitter decision.

You forget how many morons there are out there when you’re not subjected to their attempts at writing their thoughts every day.

@hibs.net private member

Ggtth

Great post and I join you in your mood of optimism. I'm almost as long in the tooth as you and have seen the real hard times up close on more than one occasion supporting Hibs. I've seen Hibs teams collapse after a promising start all too often but I don't see that happening this season. Jack's building a good team I think and I fancy us to win a much needed trophy and finish a respectable 4th this season

Recently on this forum, never mind social media, I have seen the following posted;
    The manager who has us challenging for 3rd should be sacked.
    This is the worst football ever played by Hibs.
    Drey Wright is one of our worst signings ever.
    These are but a few of the hyperbolic drivel we are subjected to on a daily basis.
    Nobody was happy with the two recent home defeats but you would think we had gone months without a win if you used the often hysterical reaction on here as a barometer.
    We are living in very strange times and personally I feel able to cut the players and manager a fair bit of slack as they are not working in conditions conducive to producing their best.
    We have a semi final very shortly which I am excited about and just wish I could be there with thousands of other Hibbies.
    If we can win that we will be in a strong league position and a Cup Final which, as a 53 year old supporter, tends to count as a pretty decent season.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    My general rule of thumb is not to post straight after or on the evening of a defeat. Its bad enough losing without reading some of the end of the world prognosis on here post match. All for constructive criticism but all too often its just a shoot from the hip over emotional negative response.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Recently on this forum, never mind social media, I have seen the following posted;
    These are but a few of the hyperbolic drivel we are subjected to on a daily basis.
    Nobody was happy with the two recent home defeats but you would think we had gone months without a win if you used the often hysterical reaction on here as a barometer.
    We are living in very strange times and personally I feel able to cut the players and manager a fair bit of slack as they are not working in conditions conducive to producing their best.
    We have a semi final very shortly which I am excited about and just wish I could be there with thousands of other Hibbies.
    If we can win that we will be in a strong league position and a Cup Final which, as a 53 year old supporter, tends to count as a pretty decent season.
    Well said Flash. Agree with every word.

Ggtth

Put it better than i could. 100% agree. Sick of it to be honest. I thought the club, the players and Jack Ross stood up to be counted last night in horrendous circumstances and i was immensely proud of them.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I very much doubt you’ve saw any of the first 3 things said on here.

Possibly in the heat of the moment someone has said Ross should go but other than that I could say with a degree of certainty you’ve not saw anyone say this is the worst football ever played by Hibs or that Drey Wright is one of our worst signings ever.

To make a statement like that and then go on to talk about the hyperbolic drivel you read on here is quite ironic really.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post

Possibly in the heat of the moment someone has said Ross should go but other than that I could say with a degree of certainty you’ve not saw anyone say this is the worst football ever played by Hibs or that Drey Wright is one of our worst signings ever.

To make a statement like that and then go on to talk about the hyperbolic drivel you read on here is quite ironic really.

Really?

Take a day off ffs. It's like you can't read a positive post without jumping all over it.

I often wonder if folk lump big on Hibs. It's the only way i can explain the reaction to losing goals like last night. Look back on the match thread. "embarrassing", "pathetic", "woeful" were all words that were used. Despite the fact that we had 16 shots and 10 corners at Celtic Park for probably the first time in my lifetime. Maybe social media isn't for me. Just find the reactions ridiculous. Think i'll take a break for a while. Absolutely sick of the negativity.
    Last edited by Since452; 12-01-2021 at 07:58 AM.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Well said Flash. Agree with every word.
    Yep - spot on!

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I often wonder if folk lump big on Hibs. It's the only way i can explain the reaction to losing goals like last night. Look back on the match thread. "embarrassing", "pathetic", "woeful" were all words that were used. Despite the fact that we had 16 shots and 10 corners at Celtic Park for probably the first time in my lifetime. Maybe social media isn't for me. Just find the reactions ridiculous.
    My favourite was a few weeks ago when someone described a Doidge attempt on goal as "disgusting".

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    I really do recommend coming off social media for anyone giving it some thought. I’m still on Facebook but thinking of giving it the elbow too given the success of my Twitter decision.

You forget how many morons there are out there when you’re not subjected to their attempts at writing their thoughts every day.
    Yes only in Twitter for off the ball. On Facebook to keep in touch with family back home and widely used to share information with family here in the Philippines. His net good for transfer news and reviews of games or when live game going on.

We have all seen the bams at ER loose the plot when things don't go well at ER. Now they are on social media.

Take a day off ffs. It's like you can't read a positive post without jumping all over it.
    So did you actually read those things or not?

Really?
    Really.

I can definitely say that I’ve never seen anyone say this is the worst football Hibs have EVER played or that Drey Wright is one of Hibs worst EVER signings.

Testimonial Due
    I often wonder if folk lump big on Hibs. It's the only way i can explain the reaction to losing goals like last night. Look back on the match thread. "embarrassing", "pathetic", "woeful" were all words that were used. Despite the fact that we had 16 shots and 10 corners at Celtic Park for probably the first time in my lifetime. Maybe social media isn't for me. Just find the reactions ridiculous. Think i'll take a break for a while. Absolutely sick of the negativity.
    Yes most relaxed I have been watching Hibs at Celtic Park for over 50 years.

So did you actually read those things or not?
    Sure did.