hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Supporting hibs

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I very much doubt you’ve saw any of the first 3 things said on here.

Possibly in the heat of the moment someone has said Ross should go but other than that I could say with a degree of certainty you’ve not saw anyone say this is the worst football ever played by Hibs or that Drey Wright is one of our worst signings ever.

To make a statement like that and then go on to talk about the hyperbolic drivel you read on here is quite ironic really.
    I can 100% vouch for Flash's observations there - all of them.

He's spot on.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I can 100% vouch for Flash's observations there - all of them.

He's spot on.
    For once......

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    For once......
    Apart from using the phrase "hyperbolic drivel" when "pish" would have done

It will be very interesting to see how the form team Livingston with 6 or 7 wins on the bounce fare against the same Celtic side at the same venue this Saturday. Baring in mind they'll have had a far less chaotic build up to it than Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Apart from using the phrase "hyperbolic drivel" when "pish" would have done
    Well aye.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    Sorrow Sorrow - a glass half empty kinda handle no?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    So that's the Drey Wright stuff pretty much covered... as well as the negativity before the game even started.

Anything else you want to deny people said?
    What? Nobody is denying Drey Wright has been criticised or even slaughtered.

Not one of they posts says he’s one of our worst ever signings though so I’m not quite sure what you think you’ve ‘covered’

I also never mentioned anything about negativity before the game started.. so I’m not sure what you’re on about on that front either.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 12-01-2021 at 09:26 AM.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Goals like Kevin Nisbet’s last night are the exact sort of thing that drags a team out of a slump.

Pressure heaped on Hibs through no fault of their own last night added to pressure of their own doing with the two poor results previously would have meant defeat causing a right downer in the camp. The last gasp goal showed the relief and the passion in the team and reflects the fact, imo, we deserved something out the game.

Hopefully we can kick on from this and get back to the confidence we had in the early part of the season.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    For once......
    Broken clock etc

As for the OP, I tend to agree.

I thought, during the game last night, that there's a lack of spark in the team and it's just not quite clicking for us at the moment.

That said, Celtic (despite their woes) managed to put out a team worth many millions more than our own (Turnbull alone was purchased for more than our collective squad was bought).

We were also without Boyle, Marciano, and Magennis, and we lost Doig and Newell during the game to injury, so it's not as if we didn't have our own troubles to seek.

I thought Celtic were fortunate to get the point, they never looked like scoring, particularly in the second half, and by the letter of the law, their goal should not have stood.

I think the biggest issue last night was that loads of folk had decided we were going to hammer a Celtic side that they expected to be significantly worse than the one that took to the field.

Expectations were unrealistically high, and so the disappointment that came when those expectations were not met led to folk going overboard, IMHO.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Not one of they posts says he’s one of our worst ever signings though so I’m not quite sure what you think you’ve ‘covered’
    Lots of tweets about that on Twitter last night.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Lots of tweets about that on Twitter last night.
    Might well have been, I don’t use Twitter.

The post mentioned this website though. Infact it was very clear in that it wasn’t even considering social media, it was this site specifically.

Might well have been, I don’t use Twitter.

The post mentioned this website though. Infact it was very clear in that it wasn’t even considering social media, it was this site specifically.
    Why are you so bothered?

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Goals like Kevin Nisbet’s last night are the exact sort of thing that drags a team out of a slump.

Pressure heaped on Hibs through no fault of their own last night added to pressure of their own doing with the two poor results previously would have meant defeat causing a right downer in the camp. The last gasp goal showed the relief and the passion in the team and reflects the fact, imo, we deserved something out the game.

Hopefully we can kick on from this and get back to the confidence we had in the early part of the season.
    Exactly what i think. It could be a massive goal in the context of our season and a bit of sweet revenge for their late equaliser at Easter Road. Going to the very end and getting an injury time goal is huge for the confidence.

I was neither pleased not displeased by our performance last night. It was pretty much as I expected and in the end it was a good point.

Tbh I can't get excited or angry about this Hibs team at the moment. We are going well but it all feels a bit detached, quite frankly I'm looking forward to this season being over; I'm undoubtedly in a minority but I can't even get excited about the League Cup. Crazy for a fan of a team the doesn't win a lot but there you go. That's not really the fault of the team or manager, it's just an odd experience trying to follow a team with no real interaction.

There are flaws with this Hibs team, a lot of them, and I think it's good to discuss them. Some people go way too far and their negativity is draining, others go too far the other way. It's been the same for as long as I have posted on here.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I was neither pleased not displeased by our performance last night. It was pretty much as I expected and in the end it was a good point.

Tbh I can't get excited or angry about this Hibs team at the moment. We are going well but it all feels a bit detached, quite frankly I'm looking forward to this season being over; I'm undoubtedly in a minority but I can't even get excited about the League Cup. Crazy for a fan of a team the doesn't win a lot but there you go. That's not really the fault of the team or manager, it's just an odd experience trying to follow a team with no real interaction.

There are flaws with this Hibs team, a lot of them, and I think it's good to discuss them. Some people go way too far and their negativity is draining, others go too far the other way. It's been the same for as long as I have posted on here.
    So it’s your fault ;)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Said it before but it bears repeating. How much of this negativity and accusations of Jack Ross' side being "boring" comes down to people being unable to come to terms with how boring a sport/activity football/watching Hibs is when you can't be there in person watching it with your family and friends and grabbing a pre/post-match pint?

Seriously, if you've got a Hibs TV pass, go back and watch a run of the mill league game under Fenlon, Stubbs, Lennon etc. You'll likely be bored to tears.
    Last edited by HibeeHibernian4; 12-01-2021 at 11:58 AM.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    Said it before but it bears repeating. How much of this negativity and accusations of Jack Ross' side being "boring" comes down to people being unable to come to terms with how boring a sport/activity football/watching Hibs is when you can't be there in person watching it with your family and friends and grabbing a pre/post-match pint?

Seriously, if you've got a Hibs TV pass, go back and watch a run of the mill league game under Fenlon, Stubbs, Lennon etc. You'll likely be bored to tears.
    Last night would have been brilliant at Parkhead - injury time equaliser and the celebrations in the away section would have been wild. Watching at home I didn`t even get out my chair and arms raised aloft was as exuberant as it got for goal.

There would have been threads about pillars, seatless tickets, early leavers after Celtic`s 80th minute goal, robust stewarding, taunting Celtic fans, ovation for players in front of singing travelling fans and so on.
    There would have been a bit of a buzz following the game, and would have been looked upon as a cracking night out at the football.

Football on the TV is generally a dull experience all round.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Last night would have been brilliant at Parkhead - injury time equaliser and the celebrations in the away section would have been wild. Watching at home I didn`t even get out my chair and arms raised aloft was as exuberant as it got for goal.

There would have been threads about pillars, seatless tickets, early leavers after Celtic`s 80th minute goal, robust stewarding, taunting Celtic fans, ovation for players in front of singing travelling fans and so on.
    There would have been a bit of a buzz following the game, and would have been looked upon as a cracking night out at the football.

I agree. My wife dresses in a hi viz jacket on matchday. Frisks me on the way in to the tv room. Last night she put a lamp standard in front of the tv to give me a partial view. Told me off twice for standing and threatened to chuck me out. Pie and bovril was ok.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    I agree. My wife dresses in a hi viz jacket on matchday. Frisks me on the way in to the tv room. Last night she put a lamp standard in front of the tv to give me a partial view. Told me off twice for standing and threatened to chuck me out. Pie and bovril was ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post

A crying shame and I can't wait for the end of it. I understand why some on here find live football a good escape from reality at the moment.

For me it just serves as a constant reminder of all the good things we're missing out on.

@hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar

Mrs. Sarf and I sit on the sofa and share my Hibs scarf across our shoulders.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    My wife gave me the full celtic steward treatment last night. She scowled at me all through the game, threatened me a couple of times for doing absolutely nothing. And when Hibs equalised and I shouted she got a fright and told me to get out of the living room, thought she was going to physically remove me

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Meant to add that I wholeheartedly agree with the OP. I do think we are improving and JR will continue the improvement and I'm sure we will start to see better more exciting football as he gets more signings and transfer windows under his belt.

I'm glad there are games on TV to watch but, in general I'm finding it all a bit meh at the moment.

Testimonial Due
    I have had six years of watching Hibs TV in the Asian time zone. I still celebrate every goal by jumping out outside by chair with clinched fist and breaking into song. Yesterday was no different.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmadaleHibs View Post
    So we go to dark heed where we haven’t won in ten years, on the back of a bad few weeks for our club. With all the furore and mess of the last few days and what smeltic have created going to Dubai when they clearly shouldn’t have, it’s clear to say it’s been another strange few days in Scottish football. SFA lacking bollocks, Celtic arrogance, all adding up to another bun fest of a week.

We turn up, still a few players short of a full squad due to injuries but the biggest thing I’ve taken from today is that a lot, and I’m going by social media, a lot of hibs fans had us easily set up to pump a weakened smeltic. They were only four players short of their starting 11 at Ibrox last weekend. Still a very hard team to beat at darkheed.

Some of our fans have absolutely no patience and it seems to me they have had us competing for the title in the last few years with some of their statements in regards to the teams recent performances and they also have us down and out at every opportunity before the games even over. We played Celtic away. We didn’t lose, regardless of the smeltic starting 11. But in some (many) it’s not good enough. And some of the vitriol aimed at the players really needs to stop.

We finally have a manager that has matched every other team in the league, in fact bettered them all in terms of points withstanding the old firm. But it’s not good enough for some. Why? Performances won’t be great every week. It never bloody has been. We need to realise that something is being built here that we haven’t seen for a long long time. We are creating something I believe. Slowly but yes. Why all of a sudden is it not good enough. We’ve been pretty average for years so why the sudden outcry. Some of our fans need realisation and they need it quick. Don’t be so quick to put down and rip in.

We are hibs. I’ve watched and been attending home and away for 45 years. This is a good time to SUPPORT our team. A few bad results in another wise good season. Stop the bloody negativity at every opportunity. We’ve never been world beaters so why act like we are.

Tin hat is on, I’m past caring

Ggtth
    You maybe just fall short of the generation of Hibs fans who remember Hibs being and finishing consistently better than Hearts and Aberdeen. Until we look like atleast challenging both for 3rd or 4th consistently then there will be some negativity even if unwarranted. I wish some would stop talking about a bad couple of home results lately because thats not where all the negativity is coming from .but frim very poor home performances no matter the results.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

I also never mentioned anything about negativity before the game started.. so I’m not sure what you’re on about on that front either.

As I quoted, you yourself said that anybody would be better than Wright. How else are we supposed to take that?

The negativity part was purely backing up a previous, and related, post where the poster said that the team were being slaughtered before they even took the field, so it was worth pointing that out for context.

Honestly, just give up your constant denial of what people told you they've seen, as you've clearly been shown to be wrong.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    My wife gave me the full celtic steward treatment last night. She scowled at me all through the game, threatened me a couple of times for doing absolutely nothing. And when Hibs equalised and I shouted she got a fright and told me to get out of the living room, thought she was going to physically remove me
    She does this every night, just the first time you’ve noticed.