hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Drey Wright

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He injured his cruciate late 2018. He made his comeback from injury August 2019, nearly a year and a half ago. His injury can’t be used as an excuse for his performances - and if they can then whoever sanctioned the signing at Hibs should have questions to answer as to why we signed him in the first place if an injury he had been back from for near enough a year when we signed him was still causing him issues.

Correct, he played 25 times in season 19-20.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And there’s a reason he has only played a handful of games, if he was any good at all, he’d be a first pick, get rid and get someone better in, it’s not that difficult.
    Thing is it's maybe NOT that easy. From what I have heard Drey has a contract at Hibs for another 2 and a half years (?). Now - that doesn't mean he cannot be moved on but it's not as straight forward as just releasing him. Like pretty much every other Hibs fan, I have not seen much to write home about from Wright thus far - even if I think some of the criticism on here has been OTT. I see little point in bumping my gums about him at this stage though - as I doubt he'll be going anywhere until the summer at earliest. Hopefully before then the game time he's got will see him come out his shell and show us all what he's about - if not I will join the general chorus of "get rid".