hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m basing it on him being wrong and me being right.😀

And no, footballers do not have ‘bubbles’ or any other interpretation of being kept away from other people.
    You might want to make the SG and the SFA aware of that. There is clear guidance for the players when it comes to staying clear of the public.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    You might want to make the SG and the SFA aware of that. There is clear guidance for the players when it comes to staying clear of the public.
    You should probably look it up.

When Hibs players finish training of a day what do you think happens?

Are they all living together and interacting with no one or are they seeing their families, going to Sainsbury’s or whatever?

Once outside the club they are under the same rules as everyone else.

The exemption is for travelling abroad for training and competition which allows them not to isolate when they return, regardless of their transport method.

In Duffy’s case, he travelled home from a training trip, he did not have to isolate as he was exempt and then he passed a test. He would also have had to have been cleared by the tracers in relation to the positive test they had.

Are they all living together and interacting with no one or are they seeing their families, going to Sainsbury’s or whatever?

The exemption is for travelling abroad for training and competition which allows them not to isolate when they return, regardless of their transport method.

In Duffy’s case, he travelled home from a training trip, he did not have to isolate as he was exempt and then he passed a test. He would also have had to have been cleared by the tracers in relation to the positive test they had.
    I don’t need to look it up. The Scottish government and the SFA make it clear that there is a ‘bubble’ for the elite sportspersons, they’ve mentioned it many a time, most notably when it came to the Aberdeen 8. The players all have far more stringent measures in place than what we have, the clubs allude to this all the time. That results in them spending as little time as possible with the public.

Teams also have to fly away from any public, not take public transport, ensure they are in a hotel with no contact with the public, eating areas with no public, yet spending 8 hours on a plane is somehow ok? The same public that have to quarantine on arrival (testing doesn’t matter otherwise they’d be doing testing in airports to keep the country moving), elite sportspersons are exempt due to the protocols in place, once they are breached or broken (ie mingling with public in a hotel or flying home in a plane full of random members of the public) then the exemptions shouldn’t stand. In this case any testing won’t be reliable for the sake of the trip for at least a week.

@hibs.net private member

Andy I found myself agreeing with you on all this then I thought about Bolingoli - he flew to and from Spain and didn’t quarantine on his return and it resulted in uproar and him being punted. What’s the difference?

Coaching Staff
    I don’t need to look it up. The Scottish government and the SFA make it clear that there is a ‘bubble’ for the elite sportspersons, they’ve mentioned it many a time, most notably when it came to the Aberdeen 8. The players all have far more stringent measures in place than what we have, the clubs allude to this all the time. That results in them spending as little time as possible with the public.

Teams also have to fly away from any public, not take public transport, ensure they are in a hotel with no contact with the public, eating areas with no public, yet spending 8 hours on a plane is somehow ok? The same public that have to quarantine on arrival (testing doesn’t matter otherwise they’d be doing testing in airports to keep the country moving), elite sportspersons are exempt due to the protocols in place, once they are breached or broken (ie mingling with public in a hotel or flying home in a plane full of random members of the public) then the exemptions shouldn’t stand. In this case any testing won’t be reliable for the sake of the trip for at least a week.
    Sorry, but you’re wrong on that.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Andy I found myself agreeing with you on all this then I thought about Bolingoli - he flew to and from Spain and didn’t quarantine on his return and it resulted in uproar and him being punted. What’s the difference?
    He went on a holiday basically, didn’t tell the club and didn’t isolate as I recall.

He wasn’t there for training or competition!

He went on a holiday basically, didn’t tell the club and didn’t isolate as I recall.

Yet is an elite sportsperson getting tested regularly.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    The circumstances aren’t really comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    The circumstances aren’t really comparable.
    They’re not, however he’s not at any more risk going to Spain than Duffy was flying back from Dubai.. All he had to do was turn around and said he fancied a few days warm weather training and he’d be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Good assist for the equaliser.
    Glad he played..cracking player 😂

After Kennedy’s comments, Hibs should at the very least be asking the authorities for an explanation as to why Duffy was able to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Maybe his parent club will recall him..at least thats what Celtic must be hoping

@hibs.net private member

👍🏼 I thought it would be that.

He should’ve done a 5k and he’d have been ok.

Coaching Staff
    It is the purpose of the trip that matters.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by angus hibby View Post
    After Kennedy’s comments, Hibs should at the very least be asking the authorities for an explanation as to why Duffy was able to play.
    I think Hibs will understand this. Kennedy has just mis spoken.

It is the purpose of the trip that matters.
    My slightly tongue in cheek point is that there is no more risk with Bolingoli travelling back to and from Spain than Duffy from Dubai. It can’t be proven safe to go on a public flight to or from a known hotspot is my issue, therefore no amount of negative tests can prove that Duffy was safe (positive tests on from anyone on the plane won’t come for at least a few days).