Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No response to my first point I see.
    I’m not watching it so I can’t really comment 👍🏼

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post

I’ve said the results have been pretty decent. Just ignore that part though.
    Must have missed that iota of positivity in the avalanche of negativity.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Must have missed that iota of positivity in the avalanche of negativity.

I’ll give credit when I feel it’s worth given. I gave credit for the result yesterday, I gave credit when our style of football did seem to improve for a period in December. I don’t think much credit needs given for the style of football because I don’t find it particularly enjoyable.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    What part of anything that’s been posted has been a lot worse than mild criticism? Saying the style of football is boring? Scathing criticism indeed.
    “That result has kept Jack Ross in a job” was one post that springs to mind but with respect I’m not trawling through the forum to try and find posts to prove my point tonight. I started a thread a couple of weeks ago that I feel proves my point enough if you’re inclined to look for it yourself.

Some us will feel, myself included, that the criticism has been ott, others don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    “That result has kept Jack Ross in a job” was one post that springs to mind but with respect I’m not trawling through the forum to try and find posts to prove my point tonight. I started a thread a couple of weeks ago that I feel proves my point enough if you’re inclined to look for it yourself.

Some us will feel, myself included, that the criticism has been ott, others don’t.
    Apologies, I thought you meant on this thread. there has undoubtedly been some OTT criticism elsewhere.

The trouble with forums are they tend to encourage extreme views and then spiral out of control.

Do Hibs play boring football?

I think that the answer is, at times, yes. All the time? Definitely not.

My opinion is that I want to watch fast and entertaining football with Hibs battering the opposition and scoring a barrel load of goals. I would even accept conceding a few is fine - as long as we win!

And that is the crux of the matter. As long as we win.

So I am happy to be pragmatic and accept the grinding out of results.

I don't share the view that sacrificing league position for more attractive football would be OK. League position comes first. However, I don't necessarily see the two being mutually exclusive.

Other people can have a different view from me. That is up to them.

What I don't understand is the negativity towards Jack Ross. There seems to be a reasonably large number of fans who want him out. I just can't get my head round that.

He has overseen a fairly impressive revamp of squad from the unbalanced mess that Paul Heckingbottom left behind.

The club's recruitment policy seems to be working very well. Yes, some players have not made an instant impact, but it is fairly easy to see what we are trying to achieve.

This season is going well. I am willing to put up with some boring football in the meantime.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Tug Wilson View Post
    The trouble with forums are they tend to encourage extreme views and then spiral out of control.

Do Hibs play boring football?

I think that the answer is, at times, yes. All the time? Definitely not.

My opinion is that I want to watch fast and entertaining football with Hibs battering the opposition and scoring a barrel load of goals. I would even accept conceding a few is fine - as long as we win!

And that is the crux of the matter. As long as we win.

So I am happy to be pragmatic and accept the grinding out of results.

I don't share the view that sacrificing league position for more attractive football would be OK. League position comes first. However, I don't necessarily see the two being mutually exclusive.

Other people can have a different view from me. That is up to them.

What I don't understand is the negativity towards Jack Ross. There seems to be a reasonably large number of fans who want him out. I just can't get my head round that.

He has overseen a fairly impressive revamp of squad from the unbalanced mess that Paul Heckingbottom left behind.

The club's recruitment policy seems to be working very well. Yes, some players have not made an instant impact, but it is fairly easy to see what we are trying to achieve.

This season is going well. I am willing to put up with some boring football in the meantime.
    This is where I am at with Hibs and Jack Ross. It is a decent season so far.
    I also think the lack of crowd atmosphere has an impact on the tempo of play.
    I believe our football will improve when the crowds are allowed back. Players like Martin Boyle I believe will be more impactful.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Clear third place in the league, another cup semi final coming up, the signing of two more talented players and another year to a Hibs legend, other key players returning from injury......what’s actually not to like?

Personally speaking it would be quite nice if all Hibs supporters could acknowledge that we’re due a very big well done to Jack Ross.

In Ross and Ron we trust. GGTTH.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Clear third place in the league, another cup semi final coming up, the signing of two more talented players and another year to a Hibs legend, other key players returning from injury......what’s actually not to like?

Personally speaking it would be quite nice if all Hibs supporters could acknowledge that we’re due a very big well done to Jack Ross.

In Ross and Ron we trust. GGTTH.
    For me, I think you can say well done for putting us in a position to have a good season. We really need to push on and make sure that we take advantage of where we find ourselves, in cup and league.

I don’t read too much in to being in a semi final given the opposition we’ve faced to reach it. Next week is massive for him, given what happened the last time we were at Hampden. I’m in the camp that hasn’t found it all that enjoyable to watch this season but you can’t argue, or be disappointed, with where we are sitting in the league currently.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    For me, I think you can say well done for putting us in a position to have a good season. We really need to push on and make sure that we take advantage of where we find ourselves, in cup and league.

I don’t read too much in to being in a semi final given the opposition we’ve faced to reach it. Next week is massive for him, given what happened the last time we were at Hampden. I’m in the camp that hasn’t found it all that enjoyable to watch this season but you can’t argue, or be disappointed, with where we are sitting in the league currently.