hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jack Ross....

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem for me neither is 5th place beyond us and that would simply not be good enough. Livingston gave us a 15 point start and are closing fast. Nothing against JR but the temp is slow slow we need some energy as if the ball gets in the box often enough I am sure Nisbet and Doidge can do some damage. Celtic were there to be beaten tonight.
    Aye I’d agree with that. Don’t think anyone seen livi going on this kind of run though & whilst ours has been poor lately there’s has been almost unbelievable. They’ve dragged themselves into contention for Europe which looked unthinkable at one point.

Agree that we need to start being a lot more positive. Sometimes far too slow and pedestrian. I think we’re missing allan and you can see we miss boyle too at times. Then you can see what happens when we actually have a go and put teams under pressure, we need more of how we went at them in the last few minutes

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaff View Post
    I agree with a good bit of that and I'm not a fantasist about where we should be but instead of building on or even consolidating on our excellent start we've become a very passive team and it could cost us top 4 when it looked fairly hard to chuck that away from a position of averaging 2 points per game. After the Killie and Rangers games, if we gain 1 point from each then our average for the season is suddenly 1.5pts per game that's a catastrophic loss of points and I honestly believe its from a position of trying to be safer and protect that top 4 place.
    To be fair Livingston have had an extraordinary run that no one could predict but if we lose 4th place to them and with their budget its inexcusable really.
    The main bit that concerns me is your wish to be like Aberdeen and MacInnes, that is the last thing I want to be, defend, bully, spoil the game for 80 mins and then have a go for the last 10 mins. No thanks
    After playing with no rhythm for first 45 tonight I was shocked to see that after half time we were deeper with Nisbet totally isolated up front, Doidge came on and did improve things but that was sad to see.
    I'm not after sacking Jack but I think he has to help himself by getting the team playing with a higher tempo, we're so much better when we do.
    I don't want to be like McInnes and Aberdeen. I want us to play attractive fast football which is **** all like a McInnes team. But that is what he has set out to achieve and he has done it and done it well. I don't believe that JR will try to make us play that way, I just use them as an example of what being patient and sticking by a manager can do

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I agree with a good bit of that and I'm not a fantasist about where we should be but instead of building on or even consolidating on our excellent start we've become a very passive team and it could cost us top 4 when it looked fairly hard to chuck that away from a position of averaging 2 points per game. After the Killie and Rangers games, if we gain 1 point from each then our average for the season is suddenly 1.5pts per game that's a catastrophic loss of points and I honestly believe its from a position of trying to be safer and protect that top 4 place.
    To be fair Livingston have had an extraordinary run that no one could predict but if we lose 4th place to them and with their budget its inexcusable really.
    The main bit that concerns me is your wish to be like Aberdeen and MacInnes, that is the last thing I want to be, defend, bully, spoil the game for 80 mins and then have a go for the last 10 mins. No thanks
    After playing with no rhythm for first 45 tonight I was shocked to see that after half time we were deeper with Nisbet totally isolated up front, Doidge came on and did improve things but that was sad to see.
    I'm not after sacking Jack but I think he has to help himself by getting the team playing with a higher tempo, we're so much better when we do.
    Honest Question to your last statement, do you think he has the personnel to enable him to do that? I agree with you that when it comes to turgid midfield battles we are found wanting but I think the midfield balance is all wrong and we can sucked into that because we don't have players good enough to get us out.

I am praying that when we finally see a fit Magennis that he brings some influence in that area as the present players and balance could all go for me, with Newall being the most unlucky and Gogic good for a battle.

I class Boyle & Murphy as forwards and if Boyle could get his form back would be quite happy with both and a fit Allan threading balls through, but that requires two very very good and energetic centre mids.
    Last edited by BSEJVT; 11-01-2021 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve88 View Post
    Running out of patience, sort it out.

We would of gotten slaughtered against Celtics first team tonight..
    Is this serious or am I missing something?

The problem for me neither is 5th place beyond us and that would simply not be good enough. Livingston gave us a 15 point start and are closing fast. Nothing against JR but the temp is slow slow we need some energy as if the ball gets in the box often enough I am sure Nisbet and Doidge can do some damage. Celtic were there to be beaten tonight.
    They've got Aberdeen away then Celtic back to back. Be lucky to take a point from their next 3.

Thought we played ok but McGinn coming on when it’s 0-0 sims Jack Ross up for me.

Wants to see out a 0-0 rather than go for a win.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar

The only thing he’s really delivering right now is being 4th place in the league - not that it’s an insignificant achievement but it’s the absolute minimum we should be expecting this season.

Other than that we’ve massively struggled in the big games and the football is anywhere between poor and dreadful to watch. If we fall out the top four then he’ll be failing on near enough every front. He really needs to keep us in the top 4.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    Thought we played ok but McGinn coming on when it’s 0-0 sims Jack Ross up for me.

I was quite surprised at that sub, but I certainly didn’t see it as looking for a draw. Had he taken off a forward player then you could say that for sure, - but he took off a midfielder who had run himself into the ground on a heavy pitch, and had been booked, and replaced him with another midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    I was quite surprised at that sub, but I certainly didn’t see it as looking for a draw. Had he taken off a forward player then you could say that for sure, - but he took off a midfielder who had run himself into the ground on a heavy pitch, and had been booked, and replaced him with another midfielder.
    Can see your point but Hallberg was playing on the left. Gullan is the positive sub, not McGinn

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Exactly, it was a like for like change. A bit more legs in the midfield in the last 10 minutes is a sensible substitution.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar

Halberg had been booked and also looked knackered. Who else should be have brought in? What if Halberg got a second booking? Or he just couldn't finish the game. I think folk forget we have a lot of injuries at the moment and our squad is not huge. Boyle, Magennis, Allan all attacking players and all out injured

Blog Entries

I think that is an easy and cheap shot

At that point we had Doidge, Nisbet, Murphy and Mallan on the pitch

Exactly how many attackers / folk who contribute zilch defensively do we want on?

The fact that Gullan hasn't been able to get near holding down a first team place and Bradley is very young, is also a factor.

It's dead easy to look at personnel in isolation and deduce the wrong thing

Maybe Gogic and McGinn were going to anchor the midfield and let the others push on and abandon their defensive roles?

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    I think that is an easy and cheap shot

At that point we had Doidge, Nisbet, Murphy and Mallan on the pitch

Exactly how many attackers / folk who contribute zilch defensively do we want on?

The fact that Gullan hasn't been able to get near holding down a first team place and Bradley is very young, is also a factor.

It's dead easy to look at personnel in isolation and deduce the wrong thing

Maybe Gogic and McGinn were going to anchor the midfield and let the others push on and abandon their defensive roles?
    Possibly, or he brought McGinn on to help play for a draw. We’ll never know

But I think Ross is far more negative than he is positive so we’ll agree to disagree.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

But we didn’t, did we?

Honest Question to your last statement, do you think he has the personnel to enable him to do that? I agree with you that when it comes to turgid midfield battles we are found wanting but I think the midfield balance is all wrong and we can sucked into that because we don't have players good enough to get us out.

I am praying that when we finally see a fit Magennis that he brings some influence in that area as the present players and balance could all go for me, with Newall being the most unlucky and Gogic good for a battle.

I class Boyle & Murphy as forwards and if Boyle could get his form back would be quite happy with bot and a fit Allan threading balls through, but that requires to very very good and energetic centre mids.
    We showed after conceding that we have the personnel to play at a higher tempo and we could have won.
    Livi manager has stung him by saying we leave space behind the CBs and they exploited it, this game we were so safe and blocked that off all the time. That's OK but like Livi if you're playing a low blocking game then when you do get possession you must break at pace, with purpose and it has to be as a team. Tonight if we won the ball it was deep in our half, we'd play a few square passes and get bogged down by the time we got to the half way line.
    Play deep, protect your box, but get moving quick in possession. Passing and running with the ball.

To Wee County.
    Appreciate you don't want to mimic Aberdeen but I'm afraid if we keeping shrinking into our shell trying to protect our position (4th) like they do with 3rd then we won't develop.
    I'm frustrated tonight and over the last few games, probably if we'd deservedly beaten the Arabs this run would not have happened? It's stopping these spells and coming out stronger that will define him, he doesn't panic so hopefully that will be the outcome.
    Fingers crossed we build on tonight

Can see your point but Hallberg was playing on the left. Gullan is the positive sub, not McGinn
    Didn’t agree with the sub, but Hallberg was the left of diamond, positive or not bringing on Gullan in that position just wouldn’t have made sense.

Blog Entries
    We showed after conceding that we have the personnel to play at a higher tempo and we could have won.
    Livi manager has stung him by saying we leave space behind the CBs and they exploited it, this game we were so safe and blocked that off all the time. That's OK but like Livi if you're playing a low blocking game then when you do get possession you must break at pace, with purpose and it has to be as a team. Tonight if we won the ball it was deep in our half, we'd play a few square passes and get bogged down by the time we got to the half way line.
    Play deep, protect your box, but get moving quick in possession. Passing and running with the ball.

To Wee County.
    Appreciate you don't want to mimic Aberdeen but I'm afraid if we keeping shrinking into our shell trying to protect our position (4th) like they do with 3rd then we won't develop.
    I'm frustrated tonight and over the last few games, probably if we'd deservedly beaten the Arabs this run would not have happened? It's stopping these spells and coming out stronger that will define him, he doesn't panic so hopefully that will be the outcome.
    Fingers crossed we build on tonight
    I thought we started playing at that higher tempo very well for the first 20 minutes, but fell out the game a bit and losing Doig had a big impact on tempo dropping as that is not Stevenson's game

I thought we started playing at that higher tempo very well for the first 20 minutes, but fell out the game a bit and losing Doig had a big impact on tempo dropping as that is not Stevenson's game
    To be fair, yes first part of the game we pressed them quite high, didn't think we were quick enough in possession but that's nit picking. I actually thought Doig had a very poor game giving away possession, didn't hear that it was an injury that forced a substitution?
    I think our game does rely on playing high up the pitch as then our neat passing, albeit involving square passes, ends up at the 18 yard line but when it's half way line its self defeating.
    Anyhow, not asking for Jack to be sacked but frustrated again tonight and I think he has to be a bit bolder now and again. Tonight Celtic were there for the taking and Ross County were on a poor run and we were pretty insipid.
    I know we have a small squad and players are injured but we're just too flat and lacking movement.
    Dont want to carry on criticising as it's not really what I want to do so will leave it there tonight👍

Blog Entries
    To be fair, yes first part of the game we pressed them quite high, didn't think we were quick enough in possession but that's nit picking. I actually thought Doig had a very poor game giving away possession, didn't hear that it was an injury that forced a substitution?
    I think our game does rely on playing high up the pitch as then our neat passing, albeit involving square passes, ends up at the 18 yard line but when it's half way line its self defeating.
    Anyhow, not asking for Jack to be sacked but frustrated again tonight and I think he has to be a bit bolder now and again. Tonight Celtic were there for the taking and Ross County were on a poor run and we were pretty insipid.
    I know we have a small squad and players are injured but we're just too flat and lacking movement.
    Dont want to carry on criticising as it's not really what I want to do so will leave it there tonight👍
    I think if we ask players to create with the ball and / or move it at pace then we need to be prepared to run the risk of misplaced passes and losing the ball.

the alternative is keeping the ball by passing it 10 foot and back before we are inevitably harried into booting it upfield to clear the danger.

According to Lewis's interview Doig had a tight hammy

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    No manager outside the old firm has taken more points since he came in, if that’s not doing well I don’t know what is.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    No manager outside the old firm has taken more points since he came in, if that’s not doing well I don’t know what is.
    We're not playing like Barca in their pomp, we can't beat a celtic team at parkhead who are missing some players, we lost to hertz, we don't beat the 'wee teams' 5 or 6 nowt every time we play them.

Sacking offences. ( I think that's how it goes, according to some of the .net intelligencia)

@hibs.net private member

Cheer up ya sad case

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I don't want to be like McInnes and Aberdeen. I want us to play attractive fast football which is **** all like a McInnes team. But that is what he has set out to achieve and he has done it and done it well. I don't believe that JR will try to make us play that way, I just use them as an example of what being patient and sticking by a manager can do
    That’s an example of what sticking by DM can do

Coaching Staff
    There were also 2 teams playing so we didn’t just fall out the game on our own.

They still had players like McGregor, Rogic, Frimpong and Turnbull who are going to push you back once they start getting a grip of the ball.

@hibs.net private member
    Possibly, or he brought McGinn on to help play for a draw. We’ll never know

But I think Ross is far more negative than he is positive so we’ll agree to disagree.
    You are posting gratuitously negative drivel mate.

Subbing on Doidge for Wright is hardly negative and chasing a draw is it? Presumably you chose to ignore that because it doesn't comply with your miserable outlook.

Another shockingly dull home performance so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    Not even looked like scoring in 2.5 games against Ross County, Livingston and Kilmarnock.

It's absolute garbage and there's nothing to suggest he has any idea in how to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    Due to the shambolic pitch impossible to replicate early season form.will be hit and miss until fixed.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    With every home game that goes by it just becomes more and more boring. Eye bleeding stuff.

Jack Ross being held back by Gollum who was he having a go with at full time ?