hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack Ross....

Jack Ross....

Running out of patience, sort it out.

We would of gotten slaughtered against Celtics first team tonight..

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Aye, ok pal.

Bet you’re fuming Nisbet scored.

I forgot that

Frimpong
    Duffy
    Laxalt
    Turnbull
    Rogic
    Mcgregor
    Johnstone
    Soro

Dont usually play for Celtics first team. They had 3 players you had class as not regulars - Hazard, Harper and Welsh.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I forgot that

Frimpong
    Duffy
    Laxalt
    Turnbull
    Rogic
    Mcgregor
    Johnstone
    Soro

Dont usually play for Celtics first team. They had 3 players you had class as not regulars - Hazard, Harper and Welsh.
    Hazard played 5 times in December. Decent point and important to stop the losses

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Celtic were 4/6.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve88 View Post

I thought his substitution of Halberg was unnecessary and it almost cost us a point. Ross was obviously wanting the 0-0
    Still it's a point at Parkhead and I'm not too unhappy with that

It near enough was Celtics first team.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    It was still a fairly decent side Celtic fielded. It wasnt exactly the Villa kids v Liverpool was it?

Plenty of things still to work on but plenty of positives to take from tonight as well.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heid the baw View Post
    I thought his substitution of Halberg was unnecessary and it almost cost us a point. Ross was obviously wanting the 0-0
    Still it's a point at Parkhead and I'm not too unhappy with that
    Hallberg had been booked so wouldn't say it was unnecessary

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

I forgot that

Frimpong
    Duffy
    Laxalt
    Turnbull
    Rogic
    Mcgregor
    Johnstone
    Soro

Correct. And we were missing Boyle, McGennis, Allan, Rocky......etc.

Decent point.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Probably 8 of that celtic team would walk into our team. Good point and a decent performance.

@hibs.net private member

Aye, that's right, bring back Heckingbottom.

Jesus wept.

Left by mutual consent!
    Good point tonight. Well done Hibs and Jack Ross after a frustrating build up to the game. Let's hope everyone is healthy for the League Cup tie.

Only six changes from their Old Firm game, not that far off a first team side.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Hard one as folk were having habs winning 5 nill

Looking at the celtic team is more than decent

You could argue us missing Rocky, Allan, Maggennis and Boyle is just as bad

Thought we controlled the majority of the game and made positive changes to try and effect the game

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Just not very exciting.

But. He will give as a few years of stability that we can build on and off the pitch. Much like Aberdeen and mcinnes.

Once he gets a couple more transfer windows under the belt you never know ...

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    This will be yet another thread where the OP never returns.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

I like how people don’t agree with the substitution of Hallberg and think he could have carried on.

What if he said he was tired? Feeling something? Ross thought he was tired and best course was fresh legs and a bit of experience?

Its always good looking at subs in retrospect and if they were good or not but if he stuck on Gullan or Bradley for a tiring Hallberg and he lost he’d be getting dogs abuse.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

Would have.

United we stand here....

Imagine coming on to Hibs.Net to post that guff 😅😅

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Probably 8 of that celtic team would walk into our team. Good point and a decent performance.
    A decent point in the context of the season but this game does epitomise Jack Ross.
    Slow possession with safe play the key, take few risks.
    80 mins concede a goal and suddenly inject some pace into passing and movement all of a sudden we're the better team and could have snatched a winner.
    He has to throw the shackles off or he's not going to succeed at Hibs, that was a below par Celtic team no matter what is said about the lineup but we played for a point, we have to have more ambition than that.
    I describe us as a weak Aberdeen team and that's a poor place to be.
    We've played well early in the season but I think top 4 has been given as the target so instead of getting in there and pushing on he's started defending that position and it's back firing as we're now so passive in games scared to be expansive and it's costing us points big style.
    Killie and Rangers I think next, that could easily be slip to 1 or 2 points gained from those and our last 6 games will have yielded 2 or 3 points from 18, playing attacking care free football would have got more than that.
    Got to get this sorted or he will lose his job, it's a terrible run we're on

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    Only six changes from their Old Firm game, not that far off a first team side.
    Fairly significant though that Celtic never had a striker.

It certainly wasn’t a reserve side and 8 of the team are first team regulars so a point isn’t the worst result in the world but if you’re looking at it objectively, a Celtic side with Edouard, Griffiths or that Swiss boy they got from West Ham and it’s a different proposition we’re up against tonight.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    I’m not JR’s biggest fan. I’m not fussed either way but if we can secure 4th it definitely gives us & him something to build on. Not that 3rd is beyond our grasp

Agree that chopping and changing managers all the time doesn’t help anyone.

I really want him to try instil a bit more of a style going forward. Some of our performances are just too negative when they don’t really have to be.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaff View Post
    A decent point in the context of the season but this game does epitomise Jack Ross.
    Slow possession with safe play the key, take few risks.
    80 mins concede a goal and suddenly inject some pace into passing and movement all of a sudden we're the better team and could have snatched a winner.
    He has to throw the shackles off or he's not going to succeed at Hibs, that was a below par Celtic team no matter what is said about the lineup but we played for a point, we have to have more ambition than that.
    I describe us as a weak Aberdeen team and that's a poor place to be.
    We've played well early in the season but I think top 4 has been given as the target so instead of getting in there and pushing on he's started defending that position and it's back firing as we're now so passive in games scared to be expansive and it's costing us points big style.
    Killie and Rangers I think next, that could easily be slip to 1 or 2 points gained from those and our last 6 games will have yielded 2 or 3 points from 18, playing attacking care free football would have got more than that.
    Got to get this sorted or he will lose his job, it's a terrible run we're on
    But he needs time to get us to where we want to be. Steady improvement is what we need. I said it in another thread a while back that we cannot keep doing the boom or busy of the last forty years. We should be no lower than 5th ever but that is nowhere near our average place. Give him some more transfer windows as well. Look at McInnes, is it 8 years now? He has built a team and squad and mentality up there. We need to show a bit of patience. I've seen worse Celtic teams than that pump us in the past

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    I’m not JR’s biggest fan. I’m not fussed either way but if we can secure 4th it definitely gives us & him something to build on. Not that 3rd is beyond our grasp

Agree that chopping and changing managers all the time doesn’t help anyone.

I really want him to try instil a bit more of a style going forward. Some of our performances are just too negative when they don’t really have to be.
    The problem for me neither is 5th place beyond us and that would simply not be good enough. Livingston gave us a 15 point start and are closing fast. Nothing against JR but the temp is slow slow we need some energy as if the ball gets in the box often enough I am sure Nisbet and Doidge can do some damage. Celtic were there to be beaten tonight.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think folk see what they want to see

I don't find us that great to watch under Ross, but we came out and had a real go in the first 20 minutes or so and then the players gradually retreated into their shells.

Who is to blame for that? The Manager or the Players

I would say neither, I think it is just where we are in our rebuild, which is a really significant one after the mess that Lennon & Hecky wft.

There are guys in that team who should be nowhere near it, but they are and we are having to make do with them through injury and lack of money.

It is inevitable that when confidence drops any team sits deeper and deeper and to be honest that is when we look at our worst.

I get the opposition was weaker than normal, but it will be a long time since we had stats like that at Parkhead.

Folk need to give Ross a bit more time and recognise that without Boyle and Allan and with a hideously out of form Doidge that wasn't a bad effort

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Competed really well in four out of five games against the OF this season. Three draws, two defeats. Pretty unfortunate not to draw at Ibrox, and to not beat Celtic at ER.

My gripe would be why did we not play with the drive and urgency we showed after going a goal down earlier in the game?? We looked a completely different team from the first 80 mins (excluding 1st 10 mins when we looked up for it)

They were definitely there for the taking and to lose would have been a travesty,however still happy with a pt and not going to 4 back to back defeats.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    But he needs time to get us to where we want to be. Steady improvement is what we need. I said it in another thread a while back that we cannot keep doing the boom or busy of the last forty years. We should be no lower than 5th ever but that is nowhere near our average place. Give him some more transfer windows as well. Look at McInnes, is it 8 years now? He has built a team and squad and mentality up there. We need to show a bit of patience. I've seen worse Celtic teams than that pump us in the past
    I agree with a good bit of that and I'm not a fantasist about where we should be but instead of building on or even consolidating on our excellent start we've become a very passive team and it could cost us top 4 when it looked fairly hard to chuck that away from a position of averaging 2 points per game. After the Killie and Rangers games, if we gain 1 point from each then our average for the season is suddenly 1.5pts per game that's a catastrophic loss of points and I honestly believe its from a position of trying to be safer and protect that top 4 place.
    To be fair Livingston have had an extraordinary run that no one could predict but if we lose 4th place to them and with their budget its inexcusable really.
    The main bit that concerns me is your wish to be like Aberdeen and MacInnes, that is the last thing I want to be, defend, bully, spoil the game for 80 mins and then have a go for the last 10 mins. No thanks
    After playing with no rhythm for first 45 tonight I was shocked to see that after half time we were deeper with Nisbet totally isolated up front, Doidge came on and did improve things but that was sad to see.
    I'm not after sacking Jack but I think he has to help himself by getting the team playing with a higher tempo, we're so much better when we do.