hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jack Ross....

@hibs.net private member
    How anyone can defend him after this is embarrassing.

Managing to finish about Livi and Dundee Utd will not hide the disgrace of losing semi finals to lower league Hearts and Bottom six St Johnstone.

He can’t win a big game and he most certainly can’t change a game when we go a goal down.

Disgusting from Hibs today. We accept crap like this and it’s why we keep getting it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

He's dull as dishwater just like our style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sad but true. No passion, nous or will to win from the Manager right through the team. Indefensible.
    Teams reflect their manager. Zero personality on or off the pitch.

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    He has just lost the majority of our support this evening
    I would say more than just a majority. Can anyone at all defend this truly pathetic attempt at winning a semi final? Bringing Allan on at 3 nil down was the final straw for me.

@hibs.net private member
    This is hard to defend. Shameful performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    Yup. Exactly where I’m at with him now. Utterly brutal once again in a pressure game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, can't see how he will keep his job unless we beat Rangers on Wednesday, I know how ridiculous that sounds, and goes on a significant run of victories.
    Trouble is we're too slow, too safe, there's no panache to the team.
    Ironically I think if Neil Lennon came into this squad of players fresh and raring to go he would have them entertaining and swashbuckling. He's just not an exciting character and unfortunately the team are his mirror image.
    I don't want Lennon and know its not the answer.
    Gutted that this is what we've ended up like and do feel we need to change manager, its a real shame

Promising Youngster Steve Austin's Avatar
    Shocking!!.
    3-0 down to st Johnstone ,who I can’t remember scored that amount all season ?.
    people have to look in mirrors at hibs including the hierarchy as to where we want to go ?.
    It’s obvious we are really poor at cross balls and require two dominant centre backs .

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by yerauldda View Post
    This is hard to defend. Shameful performance.
    Can’t defend. Being entirely honest if Ross remains I doubt I’ll be watching much of Hibs this season. Football is boring and regularly descends into this nonsense when it goes sour.

Pretty sure players gave up at 2-0 so they have to be ashamed as well but Jack Ross just doesn’t seem to inspire.

3 shocking results in 5 unless I’m mistaken? Horrendous.

First Team Breakthrough
    To be honest we are the biggest job he has had. The got the Sunderland gig on the back of winning the first division in Scotland with St Mirren who had narrowly avoided relegation the season before. Remember Sunderland were a basket case at the time. He looks like he has failed at his real first opportunity to prove himself. Canny hack high level games. Producing terrible football from on paper a decent spfl squad. Looking like his times up.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Lose 1-0 with the chances we had? It’s defendable.

Lose like this? Nah, I was one of his biggest defenders on here and I’m saying it’s time for Ross to prove to me he is deserving of support now.

First Team Breakthrough
    I've said before, Jack Ross is an okay manager for now, but he isn't a great one. He's not who I want long term but accept that the league performance is keeping his head above water. If he leaves now I'd be happy, but if he is in position by November I'll not be.

Quote Originally Posted by hibstag View Post
    To be honest we are the biggest job he has had. The got the Sunderland gig on the back of winning the first division in Scotland with St Mirren who had narrowly avoided relegation the season before. Remember Sunderland were a basket case at the time. He looks like he has failed at his real first opportunity to prove himself. Canny hack high level games. Producing terrible football from on paper a decent spfl squad. Looking like his times up.
    Biggest job he’ll ever get.

I think that’s my concern with him. He doesn’t seem like a manager on an upward trajectory, destined for bigger things. He’s had two golden chances to reach cup finals and bottled them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Lose 1-0 with the chances we had? It’s defendable.

Lose like this? Nah, I was one of his biggest defenders on here and I’m saying it’s time for Ross to prove to me he is deserving of support now.
    I agree. I've defended him on here as well and called put the overreactors. But I can defend what happened when we went 2-0 down. Tactics were bizarre, couldn't get a grip on the game, could've played all night and not scored and every time St Johnstone went forward they looked like scoring.

Got to earn his corn now as that's another big game where there has been a let down! Won't get a better chance to win the LC again for a long long time!

Quote Originally Posted by Bright_Hibee View Post
    I've said before, Jack Ross is an okay manager for now, but he isn't a great one. He's not who I want long term but accept that the league performance is keeping his head above water. If he leaves now I'd be happy, but if he is in position by November I'll not be.
    If he cant finish 4th and have a good run in the SC he will be out at the end of the season. I said in December its going to be a long three months and I stand by that which means I dont think he will be with us next season. He will probably end up at Queens Park.

His after match interview will be the usual pish. Players know they can do better blah blah blah...

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    His after match interview will be the usual pish. Players know they can do better blah blah blah...
    I’m not watching another JR interview. I really can’t be arsed with anythig he has to say now.

Depressing stuff....these two semi finals are his responsibility.

How can he honestly survive this.

Suggestions to replace him. John Collins did nothing wrong when he was at Hibs last time. He left cos we sold his best players and gave him no money to spend.

Struggling to come up with any other suggestions, but we need to rid ourselves of Ross.

We need to move him on, get over these calamitous semi finals and improve the mentality of our club.

While typing this post I was listening to Ross on Radio Scotland...he was gutted and sounds under serious pressure..too ***ing right!

A few green tinted glasses lying around Leith this morning.

We have been MURDER the past several weeks.

I like JR, by no means was this thread ever meant to be an irrational response to the performances, but he (and the players) are letting themselves and the fans down badly..

I hope he turns it around but something isn't right and JR is solely accountable for this..

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    Depressing stuff....these two semi finals are his responsibility.

How can he honestly survive this.

Suggestions to replace him. John Collins did nothing wrong when he was at Hibs last time. He left cos we sold his best players and gave him no money to spend.

Struggling to come up with any other suggestions, but we need to rid ourselves of Ross.

We need to move him on, get over these calamitous semi finals and improve the mentality of our club.

While typing this post I was listening to Ross on Radio Scotland...he was gutted and sounds under serious pressure..too ***ing right!

It was Collins fault that players were replaced with utter dug *****. If Collins took the job thinking we wouldn't sell our best players for good money he was either naive or stupid. If you're blaming Ross for the semi you've got to blame Collins for having two chances to beat Dunfermline in a semi and failing both times. A Dunfermline that got relegated. We're they not Collins responsibility?
    Last edited by Since452; 25-01-2021 at 09:24 AM.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    It was Collins fault that players were replaced with utter dug *****. If Collins took the job thinking we wouldn't sell our best players for good money he was with naive or stupid. If you're blaming Ross for the semi you've got to blame Collins for having two chances to beat Dunfermline in a semi and failing both times. A Dunfermline that got relegated. We're they not Collins responsibility?
    Might I cautiously suggest he was in the main ambitious? He was probably naive in his thinking the board was on the same track as him.