hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Magennis

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar

Magennis

Anyone got any idea when the guy will actually be fit? Been a man down since we signed him

Who knows, if we’d held on until next summer we might’ve got him even cheaper

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone got any idea when the guy will actually be fit? Been a man down since we signed him

Who knows, if we’d held on until next summer we might’ve got him even cheaper
    Was he not meant to be back a week or two ago? Or was that Murphy?

He’s not looking like a particularly clever signing so far tbh.

@hibs.net private member
    Not unusual for a player to suffer niggles while returning from a major injury so I guess this is not unexpected.

Given the length of the deal though and his current state of fitness I suspect that Ross rates him very highly and did't want to miss out on the chance of signing him.

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    Not unusual for a player to suffer niggles while returning from a major injury so I guess this is not unexpected.

Given the length of the deal though and his current state of fitness I suspect that Ross rates him very highly and did't want to miss out on the chance of signing him.
    Can we afford, especially in the current climate, to be paying £250k for players that miss potentially 3/4’s of a season?

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Think they’ve maybe learned their lesson with trying to rush him back too quickly and are giving him plenty time now to get sorted, very frustrating for everyone involved but smaller injuries can happen after recovering from a really bad one. Jamie Murphy said the same thing.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    We have signed him for 5 years, perhaps had we waited another year and he got himself fit, he'd have cost even more?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Can we afford, especially in the current climate, to be paying £250k for players that miss potentially 3/4’s of a season?
    He’s been here 3 months and was recovering from a serious injury when he signed. It’s barely been a third of a season so far and he’s played a few times.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post

Similar to Mackie. Gets back after a long term injury, then picks up another one, not uncommon

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    We have signed him for 5 years, perhaps had we waited another year and he got himself fit, he'd have cost even more?
    “We” could then have complained that the club don’t show enough ambition when we didn’t break the bank to get him.

Let’s hope he can get up to speed soon. Do think he’ll be a good player for us

Not an issue so long as Wright stays fit