hibs.net Messageboard

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
    @hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They were very depleted but let’s not pretend that the team they put out tonight was some poor inexperienced reserve/youth team.

Frimpong, Duffy Laxalt & McGregor are first team players

Turnbull, Rogic, Johnstone and Soro aren’t in the strongest 11 but are part of the main squad and would walk into any other team in this league with the exception of Rangers.
    Apart from Harper and Welsh, all the other 9 players who started the game tonight for Celtic played in the Cup Final against Hearts. 4 as starters and 5 came off the bench.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    Maybe I see it differently but thought that was a tough watch. Passing not great and midfield non-existent. A real lack of quality and composure IMO. We need about 3/4 new players and to start not for the squad
    I didn’t find it tough to watch at all. As I said, I thought it was a pretty good performance. Conditions not great either, pitch was heavy to start with and got cut up badly as the game went on.

Midfield definitely wasn’t non existent. Gogic was really good, Newell played well until he went off and Hallberg got forward quite well.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    I didn’t find it tough to watch at all. As I said, I thought it was a pretty good performance. Conditions not great either, pitch was heavy to start with and got cut up badly as the game went on.

Midfield definitely wasn’t non existent. Gogic was really good, Newell played well until he went off and Hallberg got forward quite well.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar

Agree with that

Thought Gogic did well tonight. He was the one that really wanted to press and win the ball but I didn’t think the other two went with him. Hallberg runs about a lot but I think it’s largely ineffective and Newell floats in and out the game too much for me. I just think we struggle to build the play up and it inevitably gets passed back to the centre halves to shell a big diagonal up the park too often.

A little off topic but a goal at Parkhead must surely have Nisbet ahead of Shankland now in the race for a place in the Euro21 squad. He is joint top scorer in the league on 11 having played fewer games than Tavernier, 2 of those goals against Celtic. Shankland I believe has scored 3 all season.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Weil View Post
    A little off topic but a goal at Parkhead must surely have Nisbet ahead of Shankland now in the race for a place in the Euro21 squad. He is joint top scorer in the league on 11 having played fewer games than Tavernier, 2 of those goals against Celtic. Shankland I believe has scored 3 all season.
    100%. Shankland shouldn’t be anywhere near the Scotland squad. Whether Nisbet has done enough is a different story but between the two of them there can only be one winner.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Correct. I have no clue what Hanlon was thinking. He jumps a couple of inches and he stops it.
    Whys it always the way when your own team loses a goal, it’s always someone’s in our teams fault.

If Mallan scored that freekick at the other end, nobody would be saying that a Celtc player in the wall didn’t do well enough. We’d just be pointing out that it’s a beauty of a freekick. Which is what Turnbulls tonight was.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    100%. Shankland shouldn’t be anywhere near the Scotland squad. Whether Nisbet has done enough is a different story but between the two of them there can only be one winner.
    Shankland was the darling of the press for a few months. I never saw the hype about him even when he was scoring goals in the championship. No chance that he will be in the squad for the finals. Nisbet maybe has a chance as we are short of goalscorers

Coaching Staff

Totally agree, good post.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Whys it always the way when your own team loses a goal, it’s always someone’s in our teams fault.

If Mallan scored that freekick at the other end, nobody would be saying that a Celtc player in the wall didn’t do well enough. We’d just be pointing out that it’s a beauty of a freekick. Which is what Turnbulls tonight was.
    Did you watch the free kick again? The players either side of Hanlon jumped and he stayed on the deck. The ball went a few inches over his head. I’m just pointing out what happened. Hanlon always jumps when he’s in the wall. I don’t know why he didn’t tonight. It was a great free kick but could have been blocked.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I said in my post it was an ok result. So no, not thinking it’s a poor result.

The performance was pretty crap and that makes the result disappointing to an extent as they were there for the taking. As I’m typing this, Stevenson is on the tv saying the exact same thing basically.
    No that’s fair enough.

I still dispute the reserves argument. Their starting 11 had those 2 young lads and Johnston, the rest were first team quality and would walk in to any team in the league.

The only way that result would have disappointed me would have been if we were playing their under 18’s, otherwise I can be content with a point at parkhead.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    Not a bad performance by Hibs, but there's so many parts to our game need improving. Corners are absolutely brutal. Another 10 tonight and never posed a threat.

When out of possession we're so passive in the middle of the park giving teams far too much space.

A couple of decent signings during the window though and it could turn things around.
    Good summary exactly the areas to improve on would also include crosses from general play in the last 5 mins or so Mallan and Nisbet great areas out right both poor balls in. We are close to being very good imo.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Would be surprised if Kevin was that close to the squad needs to have a really hot streak to end of the season and needs to improve general game.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Would be surprised if Kevin was that close to the squad needs to have a really hot streak to end of the season and needs to improve general game.
    I’d agree, I don’t think he’s done enough either. We’ll be taking Dykes, McBurnie (lol) and Griffiths and then I’d suspect the other attacking players will be made up from guys like Forrest, Fraser, Christie etc rather than Nisbet.