hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    First Team Regular
    Do we get to relegate Hearts again?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it's up to the SPFL (i.e., the clubs) to come to an agreement and get it voted through. At the start of this season the SPFL board tried to get the clubs to agree a set of rules to govern an unfinished season, but the clubs didn't fancy it.
    From my memory that's not what they did - they asked the clubs to give the SPFL board power to decide the season as they saw fit without a further vote. That's what the clubs rejected.

I think the board should have put a set of rules to the clubs for approval, and should still do that. As the chief executive is only paid twice as much as the prime minister that's probably too much to ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    If you look at my age you’ll see that I know only too well what the situation is.Nowhere in your reply do you give a reason why football at the top level should stop.What effect would that have on the death and infection rate. We are talking about a very small number of people.Do you think that large employers who will not be carrying out the amount of testing that elite football does should be closed down? Frankly I find your remarks about my opinion extremely insulting .You know nothing about me,my family or my situation and as my mother used to say “if you can’t keep a civil tongue in your head you should keep it shut”.
    I apologise that my post has offended you as this was not the intention. I'm somewhat het up with the whole Covid 19 situation and the numbers involved.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Hardly seems fair to allow some leagues to continue whilst others are suspended. I get that testing is much better in the SPL, but, in present circumstances of a rapidly spreading virus, there must be a case for another complete suspension.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    I could live with the negative side tbh
    I still can't believe people are that bothered about Celtic winning the league, that they would happily miss out on a European place to give them another shot at 10 in a row.

Null and Void should never be used at this stage. People might not like Rangers winning it, but like last season was correct that it was called and Celtic won it, then Rangers would win it this year.

Far too early for that anyway. Season could be put back if needed. Can't be having the Euros stopping the season being completed.

@hibs.net private member
    I would make a sizeable bet that if it was Hamilton or St Mirren in the championship rather than Hearts, the championship would be suspended also.

@hibs.net private member Don Giovanni's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    I still can't believe people are that bothered about Celtic winning the league, that they would happily miss out on a European place to give them another shot at 10 in a row.

Null and Void should never be used at this stage. People might not like Rangers winning it, but like last season was correct that it was called and Celtic won it, then Rangers would win it this year.

Far too early for that anyway. Season could be put back if needed. Can't be having the Euros stopping the season being completed.
    You've got to admit though that if the circumstances conspired to prevent The Rangers winning their first major trophy it would be funny as **** :

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    I would make a sizeable bet that if it was Hamilton or St Mirren in the championship rather than Hearts, the championship would be suspended also.
    I don't see why.

I think it'll mainly be down to there being more full time clubs in the championship therefore the protocols will be easier to follow.

Very good point.

Considering Anderson has been bank rolling several parts of the Scottish game they were never going to stop the Hearts connections and suspend that league - even though they are doing minimal testing plus the cost to clubs now to test (maybe from recent government donations to lower league clubs?!)

I've not had any enthusiasm for the football this season - I think every league should be stopped at the moment.

I don't see that the supposed benefits to society are worth it. I'd much rather my gym was open to be honest - and I think many more people would benefit from that than sitting watching what just appears to me to be a series of friendlies on tv in their house.

I know some people think otherwise, but I just want us to get through the next few months. I hope we get a full season next season, but I don't think it should start up again until we're confident that we can safely get a decent amount of people into the stadiums.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    We are at the peak of the crisis right now, no question. Hence the current lockdown. But the figures were nothing like this bad last summer. It’s also possible that many people have already had the virus and have natural immunity. Waiting until everyone has had the vaccine could take a year, and banning sport until then seems reckless in its own way.
    But how do you know we are ‘at the peak of the crisis’?

Not having a go, but while may be at a ‘peak’ of what we have seen so far, we are really guessing if we think it can’t get worse.

Hope you are right by the way.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengeich View Post
    From my memory that's not what they did - they asked the clubs to give the SPFL board power to decide the season as they saw fit without a further vote. That's what the clubs rejected.

I think the board should have put a set of rules to the clubs for approval, and should still do that. As the chief executive is only paid twice as much as the prime minister that's probably too much to ask for.
    Ah yes, I think you're right.

Either way, the upshot is that an early finish would be handled in the same way as last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    I apologise that my post has offended you as this was not the intention. I'm somewhat het up with the whole Covid 19 situation and the numbers involved.
    Think we’re all pretty het up. Thank you for your gracious apology.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    James Anderson rides to the rescue.
    I was thinking that might happen.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Wonder what will happen to the Lower leagues, with lockdown continuing at least until mid Feb

Testimonial Due
    I see Hearts next two games are against Ruth Rovers who had to have their last game canceled because of Covid 19 outbreak in their squad. Interesting to see if Hearts get infected now.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    I see Hearts next two games are against Ruth Rovers who had to have their last game canceled because of Covid 19 outbreak in their squad. Interesting to see if Hearts get infected now.
    They'll be isolating off the streets of Ruth

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Ruth's from Buckhaven, not Kirkcaldy.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Ain't that the Traith?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post

Absolutely nothing to be proud of. Complete hovel of a place.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Absolutely nothing to be proud of. Complete hovel of a place.
    As Burns Night approaches, all I can say is Up wi' the lads o' Buckhaven.