hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by spike220 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's the cost of a full sleeve?
    I'd say around £500- £750 for the lower half and around £750-£1250 for the top half and shoulder. It depends on the style and artist too. It's the same as anything where generally if you pay more you get a better quality tattoo.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    How much did that cost if you don't mind me asking, really like that
    £150 mate from Hotter than Hell on Home Street.

Took around 2 hours.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

I've got one tattoo and would love to add a few more but it would have to be something really good and I just don't have the money for that at the moment.

Ultimately tattoos are a personal thing. If they mean something to you and you like them then anyone else's opinion is largely irrelevant. About 20% of the total UK population is tattooed now, that rises to 30% among 25-39 years olds. We might look daft when we look older but a sizeable minority of us will all look daft together.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    £150 mate from Hotter than Hell on Home Street.

Took around 2 hours.
    Cheers ta, might need to steal that!

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    I have a Hun mate who is everything you would expect a Hun to be complete with the full collection of Hun tattoos on both arms

He eventually came to his senses and went to Turkey to get both sleeves done to cover them up

Don’t know how much it cost him ?

@hibs.net private member hibbyboy1's Avatar

players who have teams tattooed on them

have heard that Scott brown has a rangers tattoo on his foot

Left by mutual consent!
    Not sure what's worse, footballers awful tats or the stupid symbols they make with their hands after they score. Probably the latter.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyboy1 View Post
    have heard that Scott brown has a rangers tattoo on his foot
    Bet he kept that covered at the pool last week in Dubai.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny1875 View Post
    Because he wants to
    I don't think he is criticising, more trying to understand and his OP I think made that clear.

It's just fashionable and footballers can afford it much easier than the man/woman/other in the street. I honestly didn't know it costs thousands, though.

Imagine the cost of removing the damn things when the same people get a lot older. Removing that Swastika from my forehead was expensive enough...

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    “The one in the middle’s Danny McGrain”

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    How much did that cost if you don't mind me asking, really like that
    That’s minted. On the subject on Hibs tattoos, I’ve got this on my inner forearm, lost a bit of its sharpness when I’ve uploaded it however.

545B670C-5660-4922-9F0A-13676342E5F5.jpg
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I've got one tattoo and would love to add a few more but it would have to be something really good and I just don't have the money for that at the moment.

Ultimately tattoos are a personal thing. If they mean something to you and you like them then anyone else's opinion is largely irrelevant. About 20% of the total UK population is tattooed now, that rises to 30% among 25-39 years olds. We might look daft when we look older but a sizeable minority of us will all look daft together.

fascinating numbers PB, I would have thought for 25-39 it would have been higher than 30%

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    That’s minted. On the subject on Hibs tattoos, I’ve got this on my inner forearm, lost a bit of its sharpness when I’ve uploaded it however.

I'm not a tattoo guy but there is a lot about that I like

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post

It's yersel?
    Or a young Jamie Oliver?

It’s each to their own I suppose, have to have I find tattoos on women, on the whole, a real turn off.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The dalmeny View Post
    It’s each to their own I suppose, have to have I find tattoos on women, on the whole, a real turn off.
    I find that really sad. Women being judged differently to men. Surely it would depend on the tattoo and where it is rather than the gender of the person. I suppose some women dont like men with tattoos but I find it a bit of a sweeping statement.

I say this as a woman with tattoos

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Costs a lot more than a few hundred pound for a full sleeve. Wouldn't even get a half sleeve for that in most shops.

How much is a few hundred? if it's nearer 1 thousand then that's still a few hundred is it not, the point still stands it'll cost a lot of dosh I haven't got right now.

Footballers tend to be sheep like in their thinking so when tats galore started to take hold then it quickly became commonplace in the game.

Theres one very prominent player that I believe has zero tattoos. Whereas Messi might be covered head to toe in ink, his arch rival Ronaldo is still completely free of them.

Always been impressed by that, not sure why but good on Ronaldo, a leader and most definitely not a sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    Footballers tend to be sheep like in their thinking so when tats galore started to take hold then it quickly became commonplace in the game.

Theres one very prominent player that I believe has zero tattoos. Whereas Messi might be covered head to toe in ink, his arch rival Ronaldo is still completely free of them.

Always been impressed by that, not sure why but good on Ronaldo, a leader and most definitely not a sheep.
    Don't think that's a fair assessment at all. Football is full of young people with the disposable income available to pay for some purely aesthetic things, such as hair transplants and tattoos, that other young professionals can't afford or justify. Casting footballers as being sheep is just a sweeping generalisation.

Can't understand how Ronaldo should be given any particular credit for not having tattoos - he should be focusing on, allegedly, treating women better. Mbappe, Robben, Haaland, Mané, Modric, Bale, Son, and Lewandowski, to add just a few to your list. Can genuinely think of more prominent players without tats than with them.

I've got no tattoos myself, but like with all art, there's some that I like the look of and some that I don't.
    Last edited by Vault Boy; 09-01-2021 at 08:27 PM.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post

On the Ronaldo bit, I think I once read that he doesn't have tattoos so as to maximise the number of times he can donate blood... No idea if you can't give blood for a while after getting a tattoo, or if it's just completely made up though.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    On the Ronaldo bit, I think I once read that he doesn't have tattoos so as to maximise the number of times he can donate blood... No idea if you can't give blood for a while after getting a tattoo, or if it's just completely made up though.
    Yip can't give blood after getting a tattoo, 6 months rings a bell but can't quite remember

I can’t stand tattoos myself and think they look so tacky now that they’re so mainstream. I agree with the poster above’s sheep like comment. They do nothing for me but each to their own.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    I mean, if that’s the case it’s a pretty phenomenal thing to do.

A previous poster mentioned something about questionable conduct with women, what was that?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.S View Post
    I find that really sad. Women being judged differently to men. Surely it would depend on the tattoo and where it is rather than the gender of the person. I suppose some women dont like men with tattoos but I find it a bit of a sweeping statement.

I say this as a woman with tattoos
    I agree, I have a female colleage, she has sleeves and to be honest they are excellent art work, they are a work of art and I love art, I love the various footballer tattoos, each to their own

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I mean, if that’s the case it’s a pretty phenomenal thing to do.

A previous poster mentioned something about questionable conduct with women, what was that?
    https://www.si.com/.amp/soccer/2020/02/06/cristiano-ronaldo-rape-case-kathryn-mayorga-arbitration

@hibs.net private member
    Not a big fan of tattoos either , mate , brother and myself said we would get a Hibs tattoo when we win the Scottish Cup ,we were in our twenties at the time .
    After the cup win and in my fifties , 6 hours of pain and a cost £380 have my tattoo.
    Still waiting on the other two getting there's , it would need to be something like winning the league before I would even think of another one.