hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Watched Hallelujah: Leonard Cohen, A Journey, A Song last night. It was excellent, some great unseen footage a cast straight out of Who's Who and of course brilliant music throughout. I am a Cohen fan, I have been since I was born, his music was the soundtrack to my youth so my view on this film maybe slightly biased but it is worth a watch no matter. Available on Amazon at the moment.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Adam Curtis series on the end of communism in Russia. On iplayer.
    Scary stuff and without commentary. Just the tawdry reality of it all.
    I've been working my way through this and loving it. Didn't know whether to mention it on the TV thread, here or on the Ukraine thread. Really interesting in the way it provides some historical context for what we've arrived at in Ukraine today.

The raw footage without commentary is brilliant, it's really well done.

It's made me feel pretty old. I actually visited Russia in 1993 and watching the 1992-1994 episode, it looked a lot longer ago than it feels inside.

There's obviously been a fair bit of water passed under the bridge for Russia between now and then.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I've been working my way through this and loving it. Didn't know whether to mention it on the TV thread, here or on the Ukraine thread. Really interesting in the way it provides some historical context for what we've arrived at in Ukraine today.

The raw footage without commentary is brilliant, it's really well done.

It's made me feel pretty old. I actually visited Russia in 1993 and watching the 1992-1994 episode, it looked a lot longer ago than it feels inside.

There's obviously been a fair bit of water passed under the bridge for Russia between now and then.
    Sounds interesting this - thanks for sharing guys …

Quite enjoyed Ben Fogle's documentary about Detroit that was on Channel 5 a couple of weeks ago.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Quite enjoyed Ben Fogle's documentary about Detroit that was on Channel 5 a couple of weeks ago.
    Does it have any content on the Detroit music scene ??

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Does it have any content on the Detroit music scene ??
    Just a small part.

Panorama - Mariupol, the people's story was quite a harrowing watch.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Just watched the Pepsi/Harrier Jump Jet documentary. Pretty enjoyable but could have done with being an episode shorter.

Not a story I'd heard before.

@hibs.net private member
    Watched Graham Hancock's Ancient Apocalypse series on Netflix the other day, enjoyed it, I've never read any of his books but I've heard a few appearance's on podcasts he's done quite an interesting guy testing theories ruffling a few feathers on the way by the looks of things but enjoyed the series

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    Watched Graham Hancock's Ancient Apocalypse series on Netflix the other day, enjoyed it, I've never read any of his books but I've heard a few appearance's on podcasts he's done quite an interesting guy testing theories ruffling a few feathers on the way by the looks of things but enjoyed the series
    Fun but absolutely nonsense stuff. Pretty much slating thousands of good archaeologists work for pseudo science. Another one for if Joe rogan approves, it's probably pish

https://mobile.twitter.com/ProfLeeGi...tflix-25534985

@ProfLeeGilmore
    #RELS122 There’s a new Netflix series called #AncientApocalypse DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME ON IT. Tell your friends. It repurposes long debunked & racist conspiracy theories. Read this thread by a real archaeologist to understand exactly what is wrong with it.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    The Ronaldo doc is fascinating.

For him to have played in the 2002 WC is amazing, but for him to have done so well in it means he's up there with the best players ever. It was extraordinary.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    Fun but absolutely nonsense stuff. Pretty much slating thousands of good archaeologists work for pseudo science. Another one for if Joe rogan approves, it's probably pish

https://mobile.twitter.com/ProfLeeGi...tflix-25534985

@ProfLeeGilmore
    #RELS122 There’s a new Netflix series called #AncientApocalypse DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME ON IT. Tell your friends. It repurposes long debunked & racist conspiracy theories. Read this thread by a real archaeologist to understand exactly what is wrong with it.
    I’m not even close to calling myself educated on the subject I watched it as I found the guy quite interesting, I don’t think it’s so wrong to question things though aye it may be absolute nonsense but if you don’t question things seen as normal we’d all be thinking we’d fall off the planet sailing beyond the horizon still, I knew it was a mistake having Joe Rogan in it, just from his appearance makes anything he’s saying lose substance with people, I don’t particularly mind Joe Rogan either I get why people don’t like him but some stuff he puts out is a decent listen if you’re taking what he’s telling you as gospel u need your head read but it’s just a guy sitting chatting with someone else

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    I’m not even close to calling myself educated on the subject I watched it as I found the guy quite interesting, I don’t think it’s so wrong to question things though aye it may be absolute nonsense but if you don’t question things seen as normal we’d all be thinking we’d fall off the planet sailing beyond the horizon still, I knew it was a mistake having Joe Rogan in it, just from his appearance makes anything he’s saying lose substance with people, I don’t particularly mind Joe Rogan either I get why people don’t like him but some stuff he puts out is a decent listen if you’re taking what he’s telling you as gospel u need your head read but it’s just a guy sitting chatting with someone else
    Rogan is entertaining and I enjoy listening about subjects he knows about ie mma. The problem is he has no filter who he has on. He says its free speech but when your having vaccine deniers, your culpable to deaths. When he regularly has Alex Jones on your championing an idiot who lies about kids who were murdered.

On the programme. It was Scientists and rigorous study that proved we wouldn't fall of the horizon. There are thousands of Scientists looking to expand our knowledge of history, they aren't covering anything up.

Louis Theroux - Take my baby, a documentary about open child adoption, not normally my sort of thing but I like all Louis Theroux's stuff, quite a moving watch.

First Team Breakthrough
    Oil city confidential- The Story of Dr Feelgood , on Sky Arts . Fabulous stuff shown last night as a tribute to the late Wilko Johnson

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davy67 + View Post
    Oil city confidential- The Story of Dr Feelgood , on Sky Arts . Fabulous stuff shown last night as a tribute to the late Wilko Johnson
    They showed this on BBC 4 after Wilko's terminal cancer diagnosis, so not long after the film was made. Absolutely brilliant piece of film making, amazing footage and a dream cast. It was good to watch it again last night. You got a real sense of the energy Dr Feelgood brought to the stage and the total bleakness of Canvey Island

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    They showed this on BBC 4 after Wilko's terminal cancer diagnosis, so not long after the film was made. Absolutely brilliant piece of film making, amazing footage and a dream cast. It was good to watch it again last night. You got a real sense of the energy Dr Feelgood brought to the stage and the total bleakness of Canvey Island

He he was a complete one off and certainly unique, unlike today's mass produced pop stars

Predators on Sky Nature narrated by Tom Hardy, superb! 👏

Chris Kamara - Lost for Words. ITV. About him learning to live with and come to terms with his diagnosis of Apraxsia of Speech.

@hibs.net private member WeAreHibs's Avatar
    Predators on Sky Nature narrated by Tom Hardy, superb! 👏
    Would be even better had he narrated as Ronnie Kray

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreHibs View Post
    The animals are approaching extinction alredy! 😉

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreHibs View Post
    With co-commentary from Bane

Don't know if these already mentioned , I watched both FIFA UNCOVERED and Pele documentaries last night and found them good .

@hibs.net private member
    Watched the docs on the napal earthquake, New Zealand volcano and Bernie madoff on Netflix last wee while all pretty decent madoff the usual drawn out type probably could have got a better doc with a 90min film

If These Walls Could Sing on Disney.

Obviously Beatles heavy but an excellent watch.

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    If These Walls Could Sing on Disney.

Obviously Beatles heavy but an excellent watch.
    Yeah I enjoyed it, great list of contributors and still some footage which seemed new

Serengeti season 3, outstanding.

The hunt for The Zodiac Killer on All4, really interesting stuff.

Getting away with murder(s), 2 part documentary on All4 investigating why so few of the perpetrators of The Holocaust were ever prosecuted and the pitiful sentences meted out to those found guilty. A very moving watch.

The hunt for The Zodiac Killer on All4, really interesting stuff.
    Warning: Peters out at the end just as you think it's getting somewhere. Decent though, but annoying.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk