hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 131
  1. #91
    Testimonial Due Hibee87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    2,625
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee-87
    Anyone catch the first part of the Luke Mitchell/Jodie Jones doc on Chan 5?

    Its obviously edited and aimed at trying to show him as innocent. Something I have heard from a few people who were close to the case at the time, they cast doubt.

    However, what annoys me in these programs is the exclusion of what they did have and how they did find him guilty - along with 4 failed appeals. There HAS to be some evidence to have convicted him. He had Donald Findlay as his defence, he would have taken the prosecution apart with ease based on what we've been fed so far.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #92
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    26,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone catch the first part of the Luke Mitchell/Jodie Jones doc on Chan 5?

    Its obviously edited and aimed at trying to show him as innocent. Something I have heard from a few people who were close to the case at the time, they cast doubt.

    However, what annoys me in these programs is the exclusion of what they did have and how they did find him guilty - along with 4 failed appeals. There HAS to be some evidence to have convicted him. He had Donald Findlay as his defence, he would have taken the prosecution apart with ease based on what we've been fed so far.
    Yeah, I saw it. Like you, I was very sceptical about the way the programme was presented. I rarely watch C5, and I realised why 😆

    I will watch the second part tomorrow, though, as it has me hooked. No DNA evidence? 🤨

  4. #93
    @hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    East Lothian
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,921
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone catch the first part of the Luke Mitchell/Jodie Jones doc on Chan 5?

    Its obviously edited and aimed at trying to show him as innocent. Something I have heard from a few people who were close to the case at the time, they cast doubt.

    However, what annoys me in these programs is the exclusion of what they did have and how they did find him guilty - along with 4 failed appeals. There HAS to be some evidence to have convicted him. He had Donald Findlay as his defence, he would have taken the prosecution apart with ease based on what we've been fed so far.
    I'm sure I read in the past that they suspected the whole Mark Kane thing was an attempt to make money from the press. Can't remember the detail but the guy that knew him was a right dodgy character.

    Something also came out about the condom owner. Think he'd claimed to be by himself but got himself in a bit of a muddle when trying not to sound like a lonely w***er!

  5. #94
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone catch the first part of the Luke Mitchell/Jodie Jones doc on Chan 5?

    Its obviously edited and aimed at trying to show him as innocent. Something I have heard from a few people who were close to the case at the time, they cast doubt.

    However, what annoys me in these programs is the exclusion of what they did have and how they did find him guilty - along with 4 failed appeals. There HAS to be some evidence to have convicted him. He had Donald Findlay as his defence, he would have taken the prosecution apart with ease based on what we've been fed so far.
    Never saw the documentary but one of my best mates is a defence lawyer, he sat through the trial as part of his training, his opinion is and always has been that personally he thinks he did have something to do with it but the evidence he was convicted on was ridiculous and it was effectively trial by media

  6. #95
    Testimonial Due Hibee87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    2,625
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never saw the documentary but one of my best mates is a defence lawyer, he sat through the trial as part of his training, his opinion is and always has been that personally he thinks he did have something to do with it but the evidence he was convicted on was ridiculous and it was effectively trial by media
    I have a feeling we've spoke about this before, but I won't go into detail of what I believe I know on here

  7. #96
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,274
    Watched ďAll This MayhemĒ tonight from a few years back. Fantastic watch and a really sad story, didnít think It would be as gripping as it was.

  8. #97
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    50
    Posts
    18,117
    Watched last week's Storyville episode re the child abuse scandal in Jersey, what a messed up place that is/was. 😯

  9. #98
    Testimonial Due LustForLeith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    The Bus From Hell
    Age
    45
    Posts
    4,289
    Watched The Dissident the other night. Funk me, what a documentary

  10. #99
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    50
    Posts
    18,117
    Earth : The power of the planet, series is available on the iplayer, magnificent viewing.

  11. #100
    I have a morbid fear of snakes, but Snakes in the City, following a couple who catch and release snakes into the wild in the Durban area is compulsive viewing for me.

    Also, The Secret Lives of Kangaroos on Sky nature.

  12. #101
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    50
    Posts
    27,072
    Seaspiracy on Netflix was a shocking and upsetting watch. I finished watching it and decided thatís me finished eating fish. Whether I stick to that remains to be seen.

  13. #102
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    17,502
    Iíve watched a couple of documentaries on Netflix. This is a robbery is about an art theft in Boston and the other one was about the GameStop share shenanigans that happened recently, both were really enjoyable, especially the robbery one as I wasnít aware of the story.

    United we stand here....

  14. #103
    Testimonial Due MrRobot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,718
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iíve watched a couple of documentaries on Netflix. This is a robbery is about an art theft in Boston and the other one was about the GameStop share shenanigans that happened recently, both were really enjoyable, especially the robbery one as I wasnít aware of the story.
    What was the gamestop one called? donít think iíve seen that one advertised.

  15. #104
    @hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,212
    Watched why did you kill me on Netflix yesterday.

    Ok to pass a bit time. Nothing great.

  16. #105
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    17,502
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRobot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What was the gamestop one called? donít think iíve seen that one advertised.
    Itís called GameStop, the wall street hijack. I said it was on Netflix but itís actually on discovery+. You might get it on catch up as well.

    United we stand here....

  17. #106
    I watched Sherpa on Netflix last night. Primarily about the 2014 avalanche that killed 16 Sherpa men but a more general look at the economic, social and cultural realities of life for the Sherpa people as mountain guides.

    The disdain with which some of the rich foreigners treated them was quite shocking to watch. The total lack of empathy to their demands after they had watched their friends and family killed was bewildering. The simple fact is without the Sherpas Everest would remain out of reach for these people paying or receiving tens of thousands of pounds to go there. The share of the danger the Sherpas face compared to the money they earn and conditions they live in is disproportionate. The expedition companies profess to care but it's not hard to see the mask slip and the Nepalese Govt are quite open about their lack of care, Everest is a cash cow for them.

    I'd recommend it although prepare to be angry by the end of it.

  18. #107
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I watched Sherpa on Netflix last night. Primarily about the 2014 avalanche that killed 16 Sherpa men but a more general look at the economic, social and cultural realities of life for the Sherpa people as mountain guides.

    The disdain with which some of the rich foreigners treated them was quite shocking to watch. The total lack of empathy to their demands after they had watched their friends and family killed was bewildering. The simple fact is without the Sherpas Everest would remain out of reach for these people paying or receiving tens of thousands of pounds to go there. The share of the danger the Sherpas face compared to the money they earn and conditions they live in is disproportionate. The expedition companies profess to care but it's not hard to see the mask slip and the Nepalese Govt are quite open about their lack of care, Everest is a cash cow for them.

    I'd recommend it although prepare to be angry by the end of it.
    I'm obsessed with all things high altitude so couldn't wait to watch this, I agree with everything you say, I realise the climbers paid an absolute rake of cash to be there but their sense of self entitlement in the wake of such a tradegy had me absolutely raging

    One thing's for sure, you will never ever find me going through the Khumbu Icefall

  19. #108
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    50
    Posts
    27,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I watched Sherpa on Netflix last night. Primarily about the 2014 avalanche that killed 16 Sherpa men but a more general look at the economic, social and cultural realities of life for the Sherpa people as mountain guides.

    The disdain with which some of the rich foreigners treated them was quite shocking to watch. The total lack of empathy to their demands after they had watched their friends and family killed was bewildering. The simple fact is without the Sherpas Everest would remain out of reach for these people paying or receiving tens of thousands of pounds to go there. The share of the danger the Sherpas face compared to the money they earn and conditions they live in is disproportionate. The expedition companies profess to care but it's not hard to see the mask slip and the Nepalese Govt are quite open about their lack of care, Everest is a cash cow for them.

    I'd recommend it although prepare to be angry by the end of it.
    Iíll be watching that, cheers.

    When I was at school and learnt about Everest (loved learning about all that exploring stuff) it was all about Sir Edmund Hillary, some guy called Sherpa tensing got a mention, but the mention was he was very much the carrying the bags, showing the real hero where the mountain was, etc etc.

    I only recently found out his actual name was Tensing Norgay and he was the main driver getting up the mountain and his skill and dexterity was really what made it possible.

    I know some folk will hate bringing politics into this but thatís what BLM is really talking about. Prejudice right there in the way history is taught to 8 year olds in British schools.

  20. #109
    @hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bellevue
    Age
    36
    Posts
    5,981
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watched why did you kill me on Netflix yesterday.

    Ok to pass a bit time. Nothing great.
    I watched that. There were comments earlier in the thread about Netflix drawing some of these documentaries out with stuff thatís a whole series long that could have been done in an hourís show. Well this takes it to another level. An hour and a half that could probably have been covered in 20 minutes.

  21. #110
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    26,052
    Watched a 3 parter about Stephen Lawrence on BBC4 this week. It's a repeat from a few years ago, but no less shocking for it. Today is Stephen Lawrence Day, and the full story has yet to be told, 28 years on.

    Also on BBC4, a weekly series about Watergate. I've been a geek about it since my teenage years. This series brings it all under 1 story. My only criticism so far is the absence of any mention of the links between the Nixon administration and the Mob.

  22. #111
    Administrator BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Erm...........................
    Age
    53
    Posts
    12,282
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iíll be watching that, cheers.

    When I was at school and learnt about Everest (loved learning about all that exploring stuff) it was all about Sir Edmund Hillary, some guy called Sherpa tensing got a mention, but the mention was he was very much the carrying the bags, showing the real hero where the mountain was, etc etc.

    I only recently found out his actual name was Tensing Norgay and he was the main driver getting up the mountain and his skill and dexterity was really what made it possible.

    I know some folk will hate bringing politics into this but thatís what BLM is really talking about. Prejudice right there in the way history is taught to 8 year olds in British schools.
    Just watched. I've watched a lot of stuff on Everest as it fascinates me. I'll never be able to afford it but would've loved to do it.

    That being said given these disasters in the past 20 odd years it's clear the guys leading the expeditions are exploiting these Sherpas and the Nepalese government are coining it in.

    I understand there's a spiritual reason not to disturb the mountain too much but I do wonder why they can't airlift the equipment as high as possible to aid the Sherpas.

    The Khumbu ice fall is still the easiest way to get up the mountain which tells you how dangerous it really is.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

  23. #112
    Testimonial Due MrRobot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,718
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Itís called GameStop, the wall street hijack. I said it was on Netflix but itís actually on discovery+. You might get it on catch up as well.
    thanks man, iíll check that out.

  24. #113
    Testimonial Due Santa Cruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Folsom Prison
    Posts
    2,603
    Roy Orbison's life story, not on i-player anymore. He had more than his fair share of personal tragedy's, so sad, yet he was such a gentle kind soul. He was so happy with the Travelling Wilbury's just before his sudden death. A really good watch, quite emotional but also made me realise just what a cruel hand some people get dealt in life.

  25. #114
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    26,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa Cruz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy Orbison's life story, not on i-player anymore. He had more than his fair share of personal tragedy's, so sad, yet he was such a gentle kind soul. He was so happy with the Travelling Wilbury's just before his sudden death. A really good watch, quite emotional but also made me realise just what a cruel hand some people get dealt in life.
    Just watching Black and White Night on Sky Arts. Fabulous gig.

  26. #115
    My Octopus Teacher

    A wonderful film amazing creatures

  27. #116
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    17,502
    I watched a docuseries about a guy that walked into a bank with a bomb strapped to him. Given what happened it’s hard to believe it’s a true story. It was called evil genius.
    Last edited by lord bunberry; 29-04-2021 at 10:15 PM.

    United we stand here....

  28. #117
    @hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    East Lothian
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,921
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Hibby70
    Class Action Park on Sky Documentaries.

    Water/racing park in the 80s with no health and safety and basically run by teenagers. Some of the rides look absolutely terrifying - loop the loop water ride where people lose their teeth.

  29. #118
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    50
    Posts
    18,117
    Exterminate all the Brutes on Sky Docs, interesting if not a little bit of uncomfortable viewing.

  30. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Class Action Park on Sky Documentaries.

    Water/racing park in the 80s with no health and safety and basically run by teenagers. Some of the rides look absolutely terrifying - loop the loop water ride where people lose their teeth.
    Watched that, unbelievable!!

  31. #120
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    50
    Posts
    27,072
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My Octopus Teacher

    A wonderful film amazing creatures
    It really divided opinion in my house...I absolutely loved it, unbelievable footage and the animal behaviour was extraordinary. The rest of my clan were wondering what the fuss was about and found the protagonist annoying.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)