hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kieran Trippier

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I used to know a guy who worked for a bookies on a freelance basis.

He would attend minor games in Scotland that had a betting market, such as a Hibs reserve/development game. He would be on his phone for the 90 minutes just relaying what was going on. It was pretty simply stuff like 'Hibs attacking', 'Hearts shot', 'Hibs corner', 'cross from the left into Hibs box'. The bookies live text and any in house TV (or regular TV for bigger games) always have a slight delay, usually a matter of seconds, but it gives the bookies their edge.
    If a penalty is awarded all betting is suspended. Next goal scorer , time , next team to score etc. A guy who worked for the bookies doing this told me there is someone at every game doing this. He told me betting rings have the same set up at most games
    He had come back from a league match at Cowdenbeath and he had noticed a couple of guys relaying the same info re the match in progress and he knew they did not work with bookies.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ben johnson View Post
    If a penalty is awarded all betting is suspended. Next goal scorer , time , next team to score etc. A guy who worked for the bookies doing this told me there is someone at every game doing this. He told me betting rings have the same set up at most games
    He had come back from a league match at Cowdenbeath and he had noticed a couple of guys relaying the same info re the match in progress and he knew they did not work with bookies.
    A number of years back, I used to work for a very, VERY successful gambler. He told me that the lower leagues of Scottish football was rife with betting dodgyness.

Quote Originally Posted by Brummie_Hibs View Post
    A number of years back, I used to work for a very, VERY successful gambler. He told me that the lower leagues of Scottish football was rife with betting dodgyness.
    The majority of non league players bet on and against their own clubs every week up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Brummie_Hibs View Post
    Absolutely.

It would be a stretch to say match fixing is rife in football but there are all kinds of dodgy betting deals going on.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    The majority of non league players bet on and against their own clubs every week up here.
    Cowdenbeath player got found guilty a few years back. Elgin players got found guilty against us too most recently, think that was for bookings though.

Many moons ago I was in receipt of information on 3 occassions on the horses. These were low level jumps races on horses with next to no form. I avoided the first one and it won easily. I did back the next two, albeit with nominal amounts and both were again comfortable winners. sadly that source of information dried up.

I was in receipt of plenty other dud tips including two that I paid for and turned out to be worse than useless

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    **** me, Atletico payed 25 million?
    Atletico are delighted with him

I’m not fussed about him telling his pals he was signing. All players do that. The sums involved were so small also. £18 at 4/7 was one bet. 😂😂 it’s not a £1m betting scam. Great player.

Seems an utterly ridiculous thing for bookies to offer a market on so hell mend them. But expecting players to keep quiet to their nearest and dearest about transfers? Are they expected just to send a group message when it’s confirmed along the lines of “I’m off X thousands of miles away for the next 5 years, see ya lol”. Whole thing is a total farce.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    Seems an utterly ridiculous thing for bookies to offer a market on so hell mend them. But expecting players to keep quiet to their nearest and dearest about transfers? Are they expected just to send a group message when it’s confirmed along the lines of “I’m off X thousands of miles away for the next 5 years, see ya lol”. Whole thing is a total farce.

Totally unfair to expect someone not to discuss the prospect of moving with their friends. A situation entirely of the bookies own doing by trying to create as many markets as possible for their own gain.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post

Totally unfair to expect someone not to discuss the prospect of moving with their friends. A situation entirely of the bookies own doing by trying to create as many markets as possible for their own gain.
    Although he’s broken the rules it seems harsh. Surely it’s only fair that the bookies that reduced the odds based on info received should also be facing a 10 week ban from their work? Close them down.