hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So why do other clubs have loyalty points?
    I don’t know, you’d have to ask them. I see the need to give priority to season ticket holders to incentivise and provide additional value to that commitment. Beyond that? Not for me, you then start to potentially apply a hierarchy of fan based on, probably, financial resources....all for the sake of a couple of games a year. I’m in a fortune enough position to go be able to afford to go to every game if I had the time, and probably will when the kids are older, if the other half allows! But, I wouldn’t want to be treated any differently to any other season ticket who may be stretched enough committing to a season ticket. I’d happily take my chances in a ballot for Tynecastle should I wish to go.

Are fans who go to all the away game going to stop going because they are not accruing ‘loyalty’ points, I doubt it. On that basis, what benefit do Hibs derive by running and facilitating such a scheme?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    I don’t know, you’d have to ask them. I see the need to give priority to season ticket holders to incentivise and provide additional value to that commitment. Beyond that? Not for me, you then start to potentially apply a hierarchy of fan based on, probably, financial resources....all for the sake of a couple of games a year. I’m in a fortune enough position to go be able to afford to go to every game if I had the time, and probably will when the kids are older, if the other half allows! But, I wouldn’t want to be treated any differently to any other season ticket who may be stretched enough committing to a season ticket. I’d happily take my chances in a ballot for Tynecastle should I wish to go.

Are fans who go to all the away game going to stop going because they are not accruing ‘loyalty’ points, I doubt it. On that basis, what benefit do Hibs derive by running and facilitating such a scheme?
    Hibs don't benefit anything from this. Its for the loyal fans to benefit. The potential is there for Hibs to sell out every away game but we always shoot ourselves in the foot. Why should someone who doesn't fancy a Tuesday night at Ross County but wants a ticket for Ibrox have the same chance as the fan who goes to Ross County on the Tuesday night & also wants to go to Ibrox.

I am no longer the home & away fan i used to be 10/15 years ago & certainly wouldn't be upset if a loyal points holder was ahead of me in the queue.

It could stop them going to every game if its ticket only & don't get a ticket in an unfair ballot.

Puts the record straight to say she's not a rangers fan. Grew up and was one in a Rangers supporting family but going to Motherwell changed that. Says she couldn't care less about the Old Firm.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    It was the club and in dragging HSL towards the LP scheme in the heavy manner they did, the club alienated everyone outside of HSL. That’s when they got all the stick, that’s when the extra admin she bashed on about became necessary, that’s when it became the bane of her life. She screwed up and blamed part of the fanbase for it.

Pre all the HSL stuff, the scheme was working fine with very little complaint from those that missed out on a ticket here or there.
    By the time she had done away with it I was among those that had a grumble as she introduced an online lottery to get derby match away tickets and OF away tickets.

Loyalty schemes seem to have worked ok at other clubs by and large.

Hibs just cannot do the ticket selling thing properly and Dempster did nothing in her tenure to improve this. The discussion here, which we’ve all had before, proves that she helped make a bad thing worse.
    I think that's a really accurate assessment of the whole LP situation .

Like a lot of people in positions of authority and a lot of people generally (me included ) LD wasn't very willing to admit to making any mistakes or having misread a situation. Having seen her a couple of times at supporters club events she could get very defensive when asked legitimate questions. I also felt she could have done a lot more to defend the club against malicious and false media allegations.

LD does deserve our huge thanks for all she achieved, including her huge role in us attaining the holy grail, but she didn't get everything right and I think it's fair comment to acknowledge that amongst all the praise she deservedly receives.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    It was the club and in dragging HSL towards the LP scheme in the heavy manner they did, the club alienated everyone outside of HSL. That’s when they got all the stick, that’s when the extra admin she bashed on about became necessary, that’s when it became the bane of her life. She screwed up and blamed part of the fanbase for it.

Pre all the HSL stuff, the scheme was working fine with very little complaint from those that missed out on a ticket here or there.
    By the time she had done away with it I was among those that had a grumble as she introduced an online lottery to get derby match away tickets and OF away tickets.

Loyalty schemes seem to have worked ok at other clubs by and large.

Hibs just cannot do the ticket selling thing properly and Dempster did nothing in her tenure to improve this. The discussion here, which we’ve all had before, proves that she helped make a bad thing worse.
    No, this was the point where people who thought the scheme was there just to look after them took the huff when there were other ways for loyalty to be rewarded too.

It was a problem for the club long before then and as this thread has shown again the type of discussion that came out of from it was very unhelpful.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    No, this was the point where people who thought the scheme was there just to look after them took the huff when there were other ways for loyalty to be rewarded too.

It was a problem for the club long before then and as this thread has shown again the type of discussion that came out of from it was very unhelpful.
    It certainly generated a lot of unnecessary animosity amongst the support that still rears its head when the topic is brought up.

I'm not sure if the problem needed solved in the first place, I don't know of many people who go to all the away games who ultimately missed out on tickets for the biggest games anyway. My perception was those people (credit to them for going to all the games as well) virtually always managed to get tickets anyway.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    It certainly generated a lot of unnecessary animosity amongst the support that still rears its head when the topic is brought up.

I'm not sure if the problem needed solved in the first place, I don't know of many people who go to all the away games who ultimately missed out on tickets for the biggest games anyway. My perception was those people (credit to them for going to all the games as well) virtually always managed to get tickets anyway.
    You're right, it didn't and certainly not to the extent that the rest of the admin and hassle was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    Puts the record straight to say she's not a rangers fan. Grew up and was one in a Rangers supporting family but going to Motherwell changed that. Says she couldn't care less about the Old Firm.

The whole Rangers Supporter thing just showed up some of the extremists in our support for what they are.

People have joined Hibs from loads of backgrounds, brought up supporting different teams, but it doesn't mean they haven't been good for Hibs.

Dempster, however, in the eyes of a tiny but vocal minority in our support, was turning us into 'Hunbernian' (one of the stupidest phrases I've ever heard). These are the same people that would be better off going to Celtc Park for their football kicks, where they could sing songs about Bobby Sands and kiss Neil Lennon's Ar5e

(rant over)