hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Livi Goal

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Back in the day when most of us were growing up i'm pretty sure the rule for all the ball being over the line was interpreted as most of the ball. I think it still is as far as a thrown in is concerned. If most of the ball is out Im pretty sure he lino flags. We never had this millimetre of the ball eclipsing the quadrant line at corners (as if it makes that much difference being honest). Oh for a return to jumpers for goalposts

Regarding the original post, no excuse for a dismal display but technically it was offside as proved on Sky.
    You're correct. Balls down wing & along goal line are continually flagged as being out when they're not. It's long been a bugbear of mine. Interestingly when I took my ref's badge, in London, this was something they emphasised. Our instructor, a Prem League ref, lined about 10 of us up in line with penalty spot then placed a ball with all of the ball touching the turf behind the goal line. I was only person who said it wasn't a goal & that was only because of my fixation with the subject. That was nearly 40 years ago & yet most people only understand the rule now because of the strange obsession with gaining an inch or 2 at corner kicks!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Correct and this touches on a pet peeve of mine. How footballers over the years NEVER took a free kick from where it was supposed to be taken. As if grabbing a few inches made any difference to a forty yard punt into the box.
    The Chelsea Man City game was odd the other day. Indirect freekick for a backpass. The freekick was then taken ourside the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    The Chelsea Man City game was odd the other day. Indirect freekick for a backpass. The freekick was then taken ourside the box.
    There was a back pass in our game the other day as well (IIRC) that I was screaming at the tele about. Through ball, our player chasing but the Livi player got there just in front and nicked it back to the keeper who came out and collected it. Sure one of their players went down injured and play was stopped just after, not one protest, not one mention of it in commentary.

Iím 99% sure it was our game as I wouldnít have been as animated as I was if it was another game 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    I noticed that at the time too, very odd.

If the referee thought the goalkeeper had handled the ball outside his box then it should have been a direct free kick and the goalkeeper potentially sent off.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I noticed that at the time too, very odd.

If the referee thought the goalkeeper had handled the ball outside his box then it should have been a direct free kick and the goalkeeper potentially sent off.
    The referee definitely didnít think that as he clearly signalled it was indirect at the restart of play.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    That along with every corner they took being outside the semi circle. Poor from officials.
    itís the new normal it would appear for every corner to be outside the quadrant but the officials never pick up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Only one thing for it.

Replay the match.
    god no, im not watching that again

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    There was a back pass in our game the other day as well (IIRC) that I was screaming at the tele about. Through ball, our player chasing but the Livi player got there just in front and nicked it back to the keeper who came out and collected it. Sure one of their players went down injured and play was stopped just after, not one protest, not one mention of it in commentary.

Iím 99% sure it was our game as I wouldnít have been as animated as I was if it was another game 😂
    Was that the the goalie kicked out and Doidge should have go to it but was outrun. Think the defende was at it going down maybe because of the backpass. Didn't notice it at the time.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davym7062 View Post
    god no, im not watching that again
    Spot on Davy. Was torture.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Was that the the goalie kicked out and Doidge should have go to it but was outrun. Think the defende was at it going down maybe because of the backpass. Didn't notice it at the time.
    Thatís exactly the one, now you remind me! Aye Doidge falls on his arse with the defender in front of him, knocks it back to the keeper and the player goes down. I actually couldnít believe it wasnít even claimed for.

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    The referee definitely didnít think that as he clearly signalled it was indirect at the restart of play.
    I didn't think so either it just doesn't make sense why he made them take it outside the box.