hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This site

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought it was a prerequisite.

It is.

2. Log in to remove the advert

In the spirit of togetherness, when the restrictions allow it, we should all meet up on the Links...for a winner-takes-all clappers -v- wetters rammy. I'll pick my side once I see how it's going.

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    In the spirit of togetherness, when the restrictions allow it, we should all meet up on the Links...for a winner-takes-all clappers -v- wetters rammy. I'll pick my side once I see how it's going.
    It's well worth setting up a PPV for that and all

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Difficult to set up a date though, given the number of wetters that only appear after a defeat. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Difficult to set up a date though, given the number of wetters that only appear after a defeat. ;-)
    Plenty of opportunities ahead then!

@hibs.net private member
    Yup, compared to the rest of the Internet this place is a paradise.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Naw naw naw, that’s not how it works, you pick your side and stick to it rigidly even if the evidence is slapping you round the face with a wet haddock.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    We all want what’s best for Hibs, no question. Nobody is asking for continuous happy clapping but there’s a middle ground between that and the site being as downbeat as it is.
    It’s not nearly as negative or downbeat on here as you make out.

I think it strikes a perfectly good balance of folk ranting a load of nonsense, those who think the club can do no wrong and everything in between.

Maybe it’s just your take on things?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

I think it strikes a perfectly good balance of folk ranting a load of nonsense, those who think the club can do no wrong and everything in between.

Maybe it is. It’s created a lot of debate.

Maybe I just don’t like it when people wallow in negative results? Those same posters who are absent after wins.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

I don’t think there’s anyone who sees no wrong.

The extreme views tend to be on the overly negative side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I don’t think there’s anyone who sees no wrong.

The extreme views tend to be on the overly negative side of things.
    After negative results the extreme views on the negative side appear same as the extreme positive views appear when we string a couple of results together.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    After negative results the extreme views on the negative side appear same as the extreme positive views appear when we string a couple of results together.
    Nowhere near it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    I think that's quite an interesting consideration.

A lot of the voices complaining about OTT negativity after a run of bad results were many of the same people telling people to calm down and stop being stupid when we were maybe getting a bit carried away with our form at the start of the season.

I'm certain everyone with a few functioning brain cells knew Hibs weren't going to win the league this year but if we are top of the league for 2 or 3 weeks then I'm damn sure I'm going to enjoy it and milk it whilst it lasts.

I don't think the board being a humdrum, middle of the road place would leave anyone happy really. A few extreme views here and there sparks discussion.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I personally found the 'challenging Celtc for 2nd place' chat to be just as weird as the 'Jack Ross, GTF' or 'we only win when we're lucky' stuff.

We're a slightly above average Premiership team that will have good and bad results, as well as good and bad performances.

We have players with both talent and flaws. If they had no flaws, they'd be playing at a much higher level.... and I refute any claims that opinion makes me unambitious for Hibs, or that my 'acceptance of mediocrity' (or whatever other barmy phrase is being used) is holding Hibs back in any way.

First Team Breakthrough
    During these times when things are tough it's good to at least communicate with someone or group who share a passion for a football club.

I could go out onto the street and speak with neighbours who are all Leeds fans but they are fed up hearing me going on about being at Elland Road in 1973 when we played them off the park!

You are doing a great job guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Become a member (not a cock, just a member) and you’ll not suffer the lockdown stuff. You’ll still get called names of course, and there are those easily offended, but it’s a tenner a year well spent.
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

It can get OTT, irrational and ridiculous, like some calling for Ross to be sacked. But it happens everywhere. There are Jambos after Neilson’s head because they lost a cup final on pens and were beaten by Dundee. Football fandom isn’t really meant to make sense.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Some cracking discussions on the go across a few threads today.

I see .net getting pelters at times but there’s some great chat on here today, good to see it.
    Weirdly I agree. I know I’ve had a wee rant about some of the hyperbole on here but avoided the site for a couple of days after the Livi game and missed, it would seem, the usual suspects wanting to bask in as much misery as possible before vanishing but there’s actually a lot of decent discussion today.

For the record, I love any opportunity for a good discussion on Hibs. The site has been a haven often this year - in our household this year we’ve had three bereavements, two threats of redundancy and the like and it’s been a haven to enjoy the football and chat a couple of times a week. It’s almost been a part of maintaining sanity to have a chance to talk about something normal - and it’s also why I’ve been more sensitive to the usual WUMs trying to one up each other.

But aye, lots of good on it in the majority and glad it’s here. It’s a shame
    to have to avoid it for a day or two if there’s a loss but it is what it is to some degree.

We really were ***** on Saturday though😂