hibs.net Messageboard

Tanner's musings...

You're on HIBS TV Tanner.

Make like Calderwood and buy yourself some books on HIBS, then you might be able to speak with some authority on HIBS.

Now the usual platitudes from Mathie about "look at where we are now", and "take the emotion" out of the situation.

Can we not do better than him?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Make like Calderwood and buy yourself some books on HIBS, then you might be able to speak with some authority on HIBS.

Now the usual platitudes from Mathie about "look at where we are now", and "take the emotion" out of the situation.

I am looking at where we are now. A few weeks ago we were in 2nd place. Now we are 4th well adrift of Aberdeen who have games in hand and now looking over our shoulder at the likes of Livi . We have been given hope than we might actually be getting up to a better more consistent level at long last but have been brought back down to earth once again.

@hibs.net private member
    At least O'Connor made me feel like there was someone who actually cared about Hibs in the studio. I'd rather we didn't bother and save the money

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    The bottle of acqua panna on the table behind him was really annoying me. Thankfully it was finally moved at some point during the second half.

It'd be great if he could go a week without not so subtly promoting his podcast on Hibs' time.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Had also done very little research about O’Connor’s Hibs career, clearly: he thought the Brebner sending off / O’Connor last minute winner game was against Celtic...

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    Had also done very little research about O’Connor’s Hibs career, clearly: he thought the Brebner sending off / O’Connor last minute winner game was against Celtic...
    Probably just had Celtic on the brain after his sides win earlier in the day

Why do we not just ask Barrie to present it ? Or grant stott ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dp00 View Post
    Why do we not just ask Barrie to present it ? Or grant stott ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought Grant Stott would have been perfect for it but maybe he couldn't commit at the time as the panto hadn't been sorted? It's Hibs TV, there should be some sort of Hibs biased towards the show, Tanner presents it as if he's still on Sky.

@hibs.net private member
    I’m more concerned about our performances on the park, couldn’t give 2 hoots about what David Tanner does or doesn’t say. Do we honestly expect a presenter to look up every Hibs performance of every guest, even Gary got mixed up!

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    I’m more concerned about our performances on the park, couldn’t give 2 hoots about what David Tanner does or doesn’t say. Do we honestly expect a presenter to look up every Hibs performance of every guest, even Gary got mixed up!
    He did, though I think Garry's memories of 2002-2005 could be a bit hazy. 😉 He scored in both games, at least he got the opponents right. 😆

For Tanner to say, that was against Celtic was cringingly and shows a total lack of basic knowledge. They even showed the clip twice of the goal against Hearts.

@hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    Tanner is total cringe on Hibs TV.

Luke Shanley would be perfect for this gig. Knows his football and is also a big Hibby!

He does cover a lot of Sky work so not sure if this would prevent him doing Hibs work too right enough.

A Hibs link presenting would be better though, no doubt about that.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post

Do you think that just once you could try and post something positive about Hibs?

Whether it was even that the 3rd strip was your favourite shade of yellow or something like that, anything?

If everything about a club I professed to support made me as unhappy as every single thing does you I think I would give up.

Either that or don't keep posting negative stuff about everything.

All you are doing is perpetuating the endless negativity that seems to engulf this board from time to time.

Frankly I couldn't give a **** about David Tanner or half the other pointlessly negative stuff you warble on about.

@hibs.net private member
    David Tanner appears to be the target for us being rubbish. It’s weird to blame a presenter for us losing to Ross County and Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    David Tanner appears to be the target for us being rubbish. It’s weird to blame a presenter for us losing to Ross County and Livingston
    Play him in midfield against Celtic. If he doesn't shine, bin him.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    You know what it's like. A couple of straight defeats and everyone gets it tight. Tanner, Mathie, Gordon, Ross etc.