hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 59 of 59
  1. #31
    Did he not once go into the crowd at St Mirren to speak to a supporter who was venting at the end of a match?

    I don't see an ounce of that passion in him in the dugout at ER, and while I don't want a ranting and raving buffoon on the sidelines, it would be nice to see him bollocking a player out once in a while rather than the passive hands-in-pockets gadgie we see just now.

    I maintain if crowds were in the ground at the moment, he'd have a better idea of what the Hibs support expects, and no fans is just giving him an easier ride than he appears to be getting.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,571
    He still just claims itís been Ďa good seasoní.

    Itís not Jack. But maybe his ambition is in line with a bit of our support. Being 4th, playing turgid football and losing a semi final to a lower league club is counted as good.

  4. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pish poor that Ross hasnít come out and faced the fans. At a time when fans have forked out a small fortune in season tickets and match streams, not to mention HSL contributions, he should make it a priority to do a post match interview before the programme finishes.
    from the headline thought this was about Motherwell.

  5. #34
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,880
    He is very protective of his players. Mentioned a few times how he will take responsibility when they get beat, and he has said that in the dressing room. Wonder if the dressing room is very weak if thatís how he has to be. He also mentioned that they didnít do the basics right, surely the players have to take responsibility for that. The system may have been wrong today but that wouldnít excuse the players from showing the right levels of hunger and doing the basics. No wonder there isnít a reaction if the players donít take responsibility.

  6. #35
    I'd say nothing let them stew in their own juices. Then I'd call a players meeting and turn up 30 mins late. Then when U do turn up say nothing then flog them with beep test or whatever they use these days. Then send them home. Then get them in for training but sit in silence the following day. Then stick them ice baths for a Recovery session then pull them out and make them watch a replay of that terrible display. Then eyeball them until someone is silly enough to speak. Then I tell then they are missing the point then watch he whole thing again. Then send them home. Then when they come back in each player needs to give a personal technical account of their own performance.

    Then we start rebuilding. Anyone who doesn't provide satisfactory insight is punted to the juniors. Then we go back to basics with the systems and purpose we are trying to achieve. Everyone has an equal chance of starting in the kick off XI. No more superstars.... keep it simple keep it team focussed. Then we talk about what Easter Road and the shirt means in prep for the next game... pick the form team and by that I mean the hardest workers. Consider a new captain too if required. Anyone mucking about is stuck on the transfer list.
    Last edited by spike220; 02-01-2021 at 07:03 PM.

  7. #36
    @hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In a mad house with 3 wimmin
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He still just claims itís been Ďa good seasoní.

    Itís not Jack. But maybe his ambition is in line with a bit of our support. Being 4th, playing turgid football and losing a semi final to a lower league club is counted as good.
    Funny thing is it still could be a good season, but unfortunately the ways things are going it's likely to be another Hibs let down after a promising start.

  8. #37
    @hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West Auckland, NZ
    Age
    36
    Posts
    8,876
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    So there was a manager interview then?

    Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

  9. #38
    He should look in a mirror and give himself a good talking too.

  10. #39
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    59
    Posts
    35,144
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So there was a manager interview then?

    Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    There was, I posted it on page one

  11. #40
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    104
    Donít think the supporters would accept anything he said after losing to Ross County and Livingston.

  12. #41
    @hibs.net private member The 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    15,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So there was a manager interview then?

    Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

    Yes. It was completely inspiring.

  13. #42
    @hibs.net private member The 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    15,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Key West View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Donít think the supporters would accept anything he said after losing to Ross County and Livingston.

    Sorry for the ***** served up and knows what he needs to do to rectify three loses in a row?

  14. #43
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    46
    Posts
    25,783
    So everyone wants him to say something and will then criticise every word he says or that heís talking at all.

    The same pattern as usual. Interviews, behaviour on touchline, etc etc.

  15. #44
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    23,884
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pish poor that Ross hasnít come out and faced the fans. At a time when fans have forked out a small fortune in season tickets and match streams, not to mention HSL contributions, he should make it a priority to do a post match interview before the programme finishes.
    He's quoted on the BBC so he obviously gave an interview.

    "We defended poorly throughout and we weren't anywhere near creative enough or fluid enough. In all aspects of the game we fell short.

    "There's no panic from us but equally we can't shy away from how poor we were. Our reaction to going behind wasn't good enough. It's a real sore afternoon for us."

    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55450353

    It'll no doubt appear on Hibs TV in good time.

  16. #45
    @hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    5,573
    Just seen his interview on the bbc twitter. Full of cliches. Doesnít really say much more than he did on Wednesday.

    Rather robotic as per.

  17. #46
    @hibs.net private member The 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    15,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So everyone wants him to say something and will then criticise every word he says or that heís talking at all.

    The same pattern as usual. Interviews, behaviour on touchline, etc etc.

    He didn't apologies for losing to bottom of the league ***** following by a horsing from a ***** team from a made up place this afternoon. He talks in utter cliches.

  18. #47
    @hibs.net private member Coco Bryce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Just outside the box !!
    Age
    50
    Posts
    4,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So everyone wants him to say something and will then criticise every word he says or that heís talking at all.

    The same pattern as usual. Interviews, behaviour on touchline, etc etc.
    I disagree. He talks a good game.

  19. #48
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree. He talks a good game.
    Whatever is or is not being said it is not working.
    The players in the last 2 games are certainly not playing for him.
    You can see it in their body language on the pitch and you can see written all over JRs face and in his body language standing at the pitch side.

  20. #49
    Time for him to go

  21. #50
    Doesnít inspire me at all.

  22. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesnít inspire me at all.
    A poor Neil Lennon imo.

  23. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by spike220 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd say nothing let them stew in their own juices. Then I'd call a players meeting and turn up 30 mins late. Then when U do turn up say nothing then flog them with beep test or whatever they use these days. Then send them home. Then get them in for training but sit in silence the following day. Then stick them ice baths for a Recovery session then pull them out and make them watch a replay of that terrible display. Then eyeball them until someone is silly enough to speak. Then I tell then they are missing the point then watch he whole thing again. Then send them home. Then when they come back in each player needs to give a personal technical account of their own performance.

    Then we start rebuilding. Anyone who doesn't provide satisfactory insight is punted to the juniors. Then we go back to basics with the systems and purpose we are trying to achieve. Everyone has an equal chance of starting in the kick off XI. No more superstars.... keep it simple keep it team focussed. Then we talk about what Easter Road and the shirt means in prep for the next game... pick the form team and by that I mean the hardest workers. Consider a new captain too if required. Anyone mucking about is stuck on the transfer list.
    You missed out a stint at the sand dunes in Gullane!

  24. #53
    ďThe players get the credit when we win, I take the criticism when we lose.Ē.....bore off Jack. Managers are frightened about calling out players these days, says it all about the modern footballer really, poor we mites go in the huff when they get rightly questioned in the media.

  25. #54
    @hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    not sure
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,691
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetDreams View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Time for him to go
    Jesus christ

  26. #55
    Coaching Staff Iain G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    43
    Posts
    10,245
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pish poor that Ross hasnít come out and faced the fans. At a time when fans have forked out a small fortune in season tickets and match streams, not to mention HSL contributions, he should make it a priority to do a post match interview before the programme finishes.
    So he did a post match interview, are you going to apologise or close the thread?

  27. #56
    Administrator Vault Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norwich
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So he did a post match interview, are you going to apologise or close the thread?
    More than one as well, HTV and BBC.

  28. #57
    Coaching Staff Iain G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    43
    Posts
    10,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    More than one as well, HTV and BBC.
    Yup of course he did!

  29. #58
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The East
    Age
    48
    Posts
    4,298

  30. #59
    Testimonial Due Silky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Porty
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ďThe players get the credit when we win, I take the criticism when we lose.Ē.....bore off Jack. Managers are frightened about calling out players these days, says it all about the modern footballer really, poor we mites go in the huff when they get rightly questioned in the media.
    I don't understand your point. "Bore off Jack" suggest that you feel this approach is wrong. Then you suggest managers as a whole are "frightened" about calling players out. So really,any manager we have is going to say the same stuff in interviews because they are "frightened" and that is the way of modern footballers. So, essentially, whoever manages Hibs with our "modern footballers" is going to say the same things.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)