hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Did he not once go into the crowd at St Mirren to speak to a supporter who was venting at the end of a match?

I don't see an ounce of that passion in him in the dugout at ER, and while I don't want a ranting and raving buffoon on the sidelines, it would be nice to see him bollocking a player out once in a while rather than the passive hands-in-pockets gadgie we see just now.

I maintain if crowds were in the ground at the moment, he'd have a better idea of what the Hibs support expects, and no fans is just giving him an easier ride than he appears to be getting.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    He still just claims it’s been ‘a good season’.

It’s not Jack. But maybe his ambition is in line with a bit of our support. Being 4th, playing turgid football and losing a semi final to a lower league club is counted as good.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pish poor that Ross hasn’t come out and faced the fans. At a time when fans have forked out a small fortune in season tickets and match streams, not to mention HSL contributions, he should make it a priority to do a post match interview before the programme finishes.
    from the headline thought this was about Motherwell.

@hibs.net private member
    He is very protective of his players. Mentioned a few times how he will take responsibility when they get beat, and he has said that in the dressing room. Wonder if the dressing room is very weak if that’s how he has to be. He also mentioned that they didn’t do the basics right, surely the players have to take responsibility for that. The system may have been wrong today but that wouldn’t excuse the players from showing the right levels of hunger and doing the basics. No wonder there isn’t a reaction if the players don’t take responsibility.

I'd say nothing let them stew in their own juices. Then I'd call a players meeting and turn up 30 mins late. Then when U do turn up say nothing then flog them with beep test or whatever they use these days. Then send them home. Then get them in for training but sit in silence the following day. Then stick them ice baths for a Recovery session then pull them out and make them watch a replay of that terrible display. Then eyeball them until someone is silly enough to speak. Then I tell then they are missing the point then watch he whole thing again. Then send them home. Then when they come back in each player needs to give a personal technical account of their own performance.

Then we start rebuilding. Anyone who doesn't provide satisfactory insight is punted to the juniors. Then we go back to basics with the systems and purpose we are trying to achieve. Everyone has an equal chance of starting in the kick off XI. No more superstars.... keep it simple keep it team focussed. Then we talk about what Easter Road and the shirt means in prep for the next game... pick the form team and by that I mean the hardest workers. Consider a new captain too if required. Anyone mucking about is stuck on the transfer list.
    Last edited by spike220; 02-01-2021 at 06:03 PM.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    He still just claims it’s been ‘a good season’.

It’s not Jack. But maybe his ambition is in line with a bit of our support. Being 4th, playing turgid football and losing a semi final to a lower league club is counted as good.
    Funny thing is it still could be a good season, but unfortunately the ways things are going it's likely to be another Hibs let down after a promising start.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    So there was a manager interview then?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

He should look in a mirror and give himself a good talking too.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post

There was, I posted it on page one

Don’t think the supporters would accept anything he said after losing to Ross County and Livingston.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post

Yes. It was completely inspiring.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Key West View Post
    Don’t think the supporters would accept anything he said after losing to Ross County and Livingston.

Sorry for the ***** served up and knows what he needs to do to rectify three loses in a row?

Coaching Staff
    So everyone wants him to say something and will then criticise every word he says or that he’s talking at all.

The same pattern as usual. Interviews, behaviour on touchline, etc etc.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Pish poor that Ross hasn’t come out and faced the fans. At a time when fans have forked out a small fortune in season tickets and match streams, not to mention HSL contributions, he should make it a priority to do a post match interview before the programme finishes.
    He's quoted on the BBC so he obviously gave an interview.

"We defended poorly throughout and we weren't anywhere near creative enough or fluid enough. In all aspects of the game we fell short.

"There's no panic from us but equally we can't shy away from how poor we were. Our reaction to going behind wasn't good enough. It's a real sore afternoon for us."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55450353

It'll no doubt appear on Hibs TV in good time.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Just seen his interview on the bbc twitter. Full of cliches. Doesn’t really say much more than he did on Wednesday.

Rather robotic as per.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    So everyone wants him to say something and will then criticise every word he says or that he’s talking at all.

He didn't apologies for losing to bottom of the league ***** following by a horsing from a ***** team from a made up place this afternoon. He talks in utter cliches.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

I disagree. He talks a good game.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    I disagree. He talks a good game.
    Whatever is or is not being said it is not working.
    The players in the last 2 games are certainly not playing for him.
    You can see it in their body language on the pitch and you can see written all over JRs face and in his body language standing at the pitch side.

Time for him to go

Doesn’t inspire me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    Doesn’t inspire me at all.
    A poor Neil Lennon imo.

Quote Originally Posted by spike220 View Post
    I'd say nothing let them stew in their own juices. Then I'd call a players meeting and turn up 30 mins late. Then when U do turn up say nothing then flog them with beep test or whatever they use these days. Then send them home. Then get them in for training but sit in silence the following day. Then stick them ice baths for a Recovery session then pull them out and make them watch a replay of that terrible display. Then eyeball them until someone is silly enough to speak. Then I tell then they are missing the point then watch he whole thing again. Then send them home. Then when they come back in each player needs to give a personal technical account of their own performance.

Then we start rebuilding. Anyone who doesn't provide satisfactory insight is punted to the juniors. Then we go back to basics with the systems and purpose we are trying to achieve. Everyone has an equal chance of starting in the kick off XI. No more superstars.... keep it simple keep it team focussed. Then we talk about what Easter Road and the shirt means in prep for the next game... pick the form team and by that I mean the hardest workers. Consider a new captain too if required. Anyone mucking about is stuck on the transfer list.
    You missed out a stint at the sand dunes in Gullane!

@hibs.net private member
    “The players get the credit when we win, I take the criticism when we lose.”.....bore off Jack. Managers are frightened about calling out players these days, says it all about the modern footballer really, poor we mites go in the huff when they get rightly questioned in the media.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetDreams View Post
    Time for him to go
    Jesus christ

So he did a post match interview, are you going to apologise or close the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    So he did a post match interview, are you going to apologise or close the thread?
    More than one as well, HTV and BBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    More than one as well, HTV and BBC.
    Yup of course he did!

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    “The players get the credit when we win, I take the criticism when we lose.”.....bore off Jack. Managers are frightened about calling out players these days, says it all about the modern footballer really, poor we mites go in the huff when they get rightly questioned in the media.
    I don't understand your point. "Bore off Jack" suggest that you feel this approach is wrong. Then you suggest managers as a whole are "frightened" about calling players out. So really,any manager we have is going to say the same stuff in interviews because they are "frightened" and that is the way of modern footballers. So, essentially, whoever manages Hibs with our "modern footballers" is going to say the same things.