hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Drey Wright

Drey Wright

Can't believe he doesn't have his own thread until now

Don't like being over critical of Hibs Players, especially when the team on the whole have been playing well. But this guy...

Cannot consistently make a successful 10 yard pass, gets caught out off position more often than any other hibs player, tries to beat his man (which I appreciated) but runs it out of play or straight into his man, plays with his head down (a big "No No" for me) and has negative impact on other player performance due to his pure inability to allow them to trust him.

The "He deserves another chance", "took his goal against rangers well" and "great ball for doidge header against hamilton" don't justify a regular place in the squad for me. Can't justify 10-15 p**s poor performances for 2 moments of above average / good. If the budget allows, replace... if not S MCGinn, Mallan, Magennis, Allan (when returned) and Newell are all better options.

Hope he proves me wrong and scores a hatrick at the weekend, but i have my doubts...

2. Log in to remove the advert

He's had his on thread, and he's been slated on that and other threads Infact i'm sure you made a point of saying you'd rather have Fraser Murray playing?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinross Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Don't like being over critical of Hibs Players, especially when the team on the whole have been playing well. But this guy...

Cannot consistently make a successful 10 yard pass, gets caught out off position more often than any other hibs player, tries to beat his man (which I appreciated) but runs it out of play or straight into his man, plays with his head down (a big "No No" for me) and has negative impact on other player performance due to his pure inability to allow them to trust him.

The "He deserves another chance", "took his goal against rangers well" and "great ball for doidge header against hamilton" don't justify a regular place in the squad for me. Can't justify 10-15 p**s poor performances for 2 moments of above average / good. If the budget allows, replace... if not S MCGinn, Mallan, Magennis, Allan (when returned) and Newell are all better options.

Hope he proves me wrong and scores a hatrick at the weekend, but i have my doubts...
    We've had a few who need a while to settle in, that Doidge fella came good. Wright's been hit and miss, mostly miss so far but we must have seen something to cause us to sign him so not going to pile pressure on our players in the build up to some important games.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    I have said before, I have friends who are neighbours of his grandparents. The guy had a season long injury at St Johnstone and, as with Scott Allan, we don't know the exact details, but any sports person coming back from injury is understandably cautious. Return to full fitness and get back to speed, especially with new team mates, will always take time.

He needs games, but must be doing OK in training otherwise Jack Ross wouldn't pick him.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member
    He’s got something about him, perhaps we need to be patient.

Not forgetting the sometimes unseen off the ball work which we are missing on screen. I think he has had a couple of assists and is showing willingness to get involved.

I have nothing to say apart from he needs to improve if he wants to get into first team
    He shouldn’t need time to settle he has played in Scotland so by now I expected more
    He is never going to score a lot of goals as doesn’t appear to have confidence
    But it would be good to hear from Ross the role he envisaged Wright can play in the team and what his strengths are
    Most of the new recruits it’s now clear what they bring to the team
    But I struggle to see this with Wright
    Given he is on a long term deal we need to see improvement next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great another thread slating one of our own players. Been a while

I hate everything about this post. Why do we need to have a thread simply to slate one of our own players? He clearly has ability, we saw that at St Johnstone.
    Some players take time to settle, some come out the traps flying and some simply don't do well at certain clubs.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    I have said before, I have friends who are neighbours of his grandparents. The guy had a season long injury at St Johnstone and, as with Scott Allan, we don't know the exact details, but any sports person coming back from injury is understandably cautious. Return to full fitness and get back to speed, especially with new team mates, will always take time.

He needs games, but must be doing OK in training otherwise Jack Ross wouldn't pick him.
    I had forgotten that. I wonder how many others on the forum are like me. It could explain the impatience of others to see him perform, myself included. Thanks for the reminder.

Sometimes wish. Net had the ability to like a post 👍

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    If there was a thread called inconsistent players, then arguably most of them would be on it at some point. That's a different story than not being good enough. I am not saying that we are world beaters or even a top drawer side, but it's fair to say that this boy is stepping up a level by signing for us and when that happens it is a bonus if they hit the ground running, not a guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    He's had his on thread, and he's been slated on that and other threads Infact i'm sure you made a point of saying you'd rather have Fraser Murray playing?
    I absolutely would, I've seen far more moments that make me think "he deserves his chance" (both with hibs and dunfermline) than I have with DW. And I am not saying I'd have FM playing every week, but certainly would have in squad over DW.

Horrible to say, but DW wouldn't look out of place in the 'class of 13/14'. Reminds me of many of those players we rightly cleared out. Perhaps a tad harsh for a Friday morning but just an observation...

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I hate everything about this post. Why do we need to have a thread simply to slate one of our own players? He clearly has ability, we saw that at St Johnstone.
    Some players take time to settle, some come out the traps flying and some simply don't do well at certain clubs.
    Ability? Have some of what your smoking

@hibs.net private member
    I absolutely would, I've seen far more moments that make me think "he deserves his chance" (both with hibs and dunfermline) than I have with DW. And I am not saying I'd have FM playing every week, but certainly would have in squad over DW.

Horrible to say, but DW wouldn't look out of place in the 'class of 13/14'. Reminds me of many of those players we rightly cleared out. Perhaps a tad harsh for a Friday morning but just an observation...
    He did well in the last game but one, and has created and scored this season . Players aren’t robots. He will know he is not hitting the right levels yet , in fact he said so in the press recently . Why not give him time to build his confidence and fitness back before you make such judgements ?

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    He did well in the last game but one, and has created and scored this season . Players aren’t robots. He will know he is not hitting the right levels yet , in fact he said so in the press recently . Why not give him time to build his confidence and fitness back before you make such judgements ?
    What game? V alloa?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Did we see that at St J? Genuine question because I don’t remember him at all and he scored 1 goal in 45 games. From the looks of things he only got 1 assist as well. That’s pretty horrific for an attacking player.

What did he do well at St J?
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 18-12-2020 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcM View Post
    I had forgotten that. I wonder how many others on the forum are like me. It could explain the impatience of others to see him perform, myself included. Thanks for the reminder.
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Sometimes wish. Net had the ability to like a post 👍
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Obviously the original poster has ignored my post because it doesn't fit his opinion (almost wrote agenda)

I take it threads like these are a substitute when you can’t go along and boo somebody for 90 minutes.

Obviously the original poster has ignored my post because it doesn't fit his opinion (almost wrote agenda)
    I didn't feel the need to response as I don't agree, correct. Out of curtesy, I have now acknowledged

What game? V alloa?
    He scored in the 2-2 draw with The Rangers.

https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/stat...45298058711040

I didn't feel the need to response as I don't agree, correct. Out of curtesy, I have now acknowledged
    More like you couldn't respond as it is the truth?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    So that's Drey Wright sorted, who's next?

We've a squad that's 3rd in the league, in a cup semi with a realistic chance of a final and some big games ahead.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Did we see that at St J? Genuine question because I don’t remember him at all and he scored 1 goal in 45 games. From the looks of things he only got 1 assist as well. That’s pretty horrific for an attacking player.

What did he do well at St J?
    Tommy Wright said he was desperate to keep him.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I’m 100% behind you on this.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

He scored in the 2-2 draw with The Rangers.

https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/stat...45298058711040
    Refer to my original post, I know this Amadou Konte scored 1 goal for hibs, doesn't mean I wished for him to play for us aswell!

A cracking assist recently (v Hamilton I think)

Some of the comments when he's announced in the starting line up are embarrassing from hibs fans

We're sitting in a very healthy position in the league, and we've got threads and replies to hibs about players not being good enough

@hibs.net private member
    What game? V alloa?
    Hamilton

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Do we really need another thread ripping a Hibs player. Always very sceptical of the motivation re these sort of threads. 10 to 15 poor performances utter nonsense.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Couldn't agree more pointless scapegoating