hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    He's delivering so far

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure Scotty actually replied to this thread to acknowledge the level of ponying up, to be fair to him, and I don't think it's fair at all to question is Hibby credentials (not your post).

I think I'm right in saying Scotty stood for fans' rep when Kieran was elected, so he's definitely a passionate Hibby, whether you agree with him or not.

Edit-my mistake, Scotty did reply to the thread but it was to call me an arse-licker, but although I was wrong about him coming back, I think the rest of my post is still right.
    I'm sure he is a Hibby in the sense that nobody should be suggesting he actually follows another team. But the fact that he doesn't seem to be too interested when there isn't something to moan about, perhaps suggests "supporter" is rather a misnomer. There does seem to be a significant minority of "Hibbys" on here and on facebook and twitter who enjoy slagging off the players and the club far more than they enjoy us winning or the club doing good business. Does my head in. (to be fair I have never met "Scotty" and know nothing about him so I may be being very unfair on him as an individual, my point stands about the negative minority in principal though)

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    I'm sure Scotty actually replied to this thread to acknowledge the level of ponying up, to be fair to him, and I don't think it's fair at all to question is Hibby credentials (not your post).

I think I'm right in saying Scotty stood for fans' rep when Kieran was elected, so he's definitely a passionate Hibby, whether you agree with him or not.

Edit-my mistake, Scotty did reply to the thread but it was to call me an arse-licker, but although I was wrong about him coming back, I think the rest of my post is still right.
    I just checked the last posts and it said 27th. I'm not questioning anyones Hibbyness, but it's odd when people go missing during the good times.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Wait until Ron experiences packed Easter Road under the lights in Europe. He's in for a treat.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    It will be interesting to see the accounts up to June 2021, with wages etc
    Hibs cut an enormous amount of full/part time staff just after Covid
    Has this all been reinvested into the 1st team squad?
    They always say you never shrink your way to success, maybe this will prove otherwise

Left by mutual consent!
    A bit of a sanctimonious feel to this thread. The OP is perfectly entitled to his opinion. That’s the beauty of a forum. Or are we only allowed to post positive thoughts now?

Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    A bit of a sanctimonious feel to this thread. The OP is perfectly entitled to his opinion. That’s the beauty of a forum. Or are we only allowed to post positive thoughts now?
    And other people are entitled to point out that he was spectacularly wrong.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar

Best edit ever.

Brilliant edit 🤣🤣🤣

Testimonial Due
    Of course they but so are the posters responding the OP's thread looking for an update.

😂 As others have said, best edit ever.

OP goes to the majority of matches, and as Matty has said, he stood for fans rep.

People doubting his credentials is a bit silly, he posted what he felt was right at that time. Maybe he has been busy or even down, who knows
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    OP goes to the majority of matches, and as Matty has said, he stood for fans rep.

People doubting his credentials is a bit silly, he posted what he felt was right at that time. Maybe he has been busy or even down, who knows
    Hibs through and through.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

That edit has made my night 😂

Hibs through and through.
    Gives HC a run for his money in terms of moaning though
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Gives HC a run for his money in terms of moaning though
    I can’t think who he is BF

Testimonial Due
    Thank God we have Ron to guide us through this crisis. Excited about the club once life gets back to normal.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    And other people are entitled to point out that he was spectacularly wrong.
    Absolutely agree but a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon and having a go. The guy made what he thought was a valid point. Just seems a bit like the net clique having a pop.

Edit-my mistake, Scotty did reply to the thread but it was to call me an arse-licker.....
    Well, he gets my vote if he's standing again 😂

Absolutely agree but a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon and having a go. The guy made what he thought was a valid point. Just seems a bit like the net clique having a pop.
    Congrats, I've not seen the old clique line used in a while.

Just so I get this right, if some people agree with the OP it's not a clique but if some point out he's wrong and you don't like it, then it is a clique?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    What he lacks in tact he more than makes up for in accuracy.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I voted for him last time and I’ll do it again!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    What he lacks in tact he more than makes up for in accuracy.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    I voted for him last time and I’ll do it again!
    Arse licker.

@hibs.net private member

Obviously knows you well. I might have not been so reserved! 😁

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    It will be interesting to see the accounts up to June 2021, with wages etc
    Hibs cut an enormous amount of full/part time staff just after Covid
    Has this all been reinvested into the 1st team squad?
    They always say you never shrink your way to success, maybe this will prove otherwise

I don’t work in football but I do work in large scale live events.

The truth is that loads of jobs just ceased to exist last year. From the frontline to management, it’s been brutal.

Hibs maintaining anything like a similar player budget is a huge achievement, never mind ‘savings’ made by letting people go.

The club hasn’t saved money by letting people go. The money to pay those wages simply went.

@hibs.net private member
    I think it’s pretty clear that Ron has adopted the speculate to accumulate method, and, it must just pay dividends if we secure 3rd. He’s certainly won me over, not that I was one of the conspiracy theorists when he first came on board. I’ll be ponying up as soon as seasons go on sale, probably get my girls their first seasons next year as well👍

Left by mutual consent!
    Congrats, I've not seen the old clique line used in a while.

Just so I get this right, if some people agree with the OP it's not a clique but if some point out he's wrong and you don't like it, then it is a clique?
    I’ve never said I agree or disagree with opening poster. You’re another tho making assumptions. The guy made what he thought was a valid point and this afternoon there was a pile on.

I don’t know the guy from Adam but all this he’s not posted since jan etc, I must be a yam, he’ll be back after next defeat is a bit churlish.