hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Lewiehas2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spot on
    Not at all spot on. We must extrapolate from performances and realise now that those performances mean we are not favourites for the cup and neither are we shoe ins for 4th. There are no prizes for where we r in January.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    You can’t just sack managers after poor runs of form. It’ll always happen so we just keep doing it until the next run then do it again?

I’d prefer we give a manager the time to build a squad where this is less likely over time.

We are now getting into 2 or 3 games before trying to get someone sacked which is ridiculous.
    You can sack them when it’s clearly not where you want to be. Attitudes like yours ensures mediocrity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Crab apple View Post
    I’ve seen much worse teams and at the start of the season I’d probably have taken fourth in the league and good cup runs. I think JR has us moving in the right direction and most of his signings have been good. However, we’re on a really poor run just now and the performances look lethargic. The squad might be thin but it’s still bigger than Livi and RC’s. For me the team lacks gallusness and an edge. We need some leaders in the team to pull us through when things get tough as they usually do. Hanlon has been mainly good this year but he doesn’t strike me as captain material. A Scott Brown type would be good but no idea where we find that.
    Id like to see Gray back in the side, natural leader with a bit more fight than Hanlon. Move McGinn into midfield in place of Gogic or Malian. There’s a certain lack of belief in the team when they go behind

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post
    You can sack them when it’s clearly not where you want to be. Attitudes like yours ensures mediocrity

So where did you think we would be at this point of the season before it kicked off?

Ron Gordon if he has serious big ambitions for this club 0 points picked up against Ross county and Livingston won’t be tolerated.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I've only seen a handful of posts suggesting that Ross should go.

I don't think it's even on the cards and the overwhelming majority of fans are still behind him as far as I can tell.

The problem is some of the players. We needed more of a clear out in the summer.

We'll stumble along till the end of the season, fighting it out for 4th and then hopefully strengthen properly in the summer.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    So where did you think we would be at this point of the season before it kicked off?
    Whilst I’m not in any way advocating sacking him, it’s not as simple as that imo.

If we’d won the first 12 games of the season and then lost 10 in a row whilst looking horrendously bad then you don’t just have to sit there and accept it because we are still 4th on 36 points. Of course we’re nowhere near as bad as that but just looking at our league position in isolation doesn’t tell the whole story.

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    I can’t honestly say, but that’s not really the point now

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    **** him off now, give us a chance to get 3rd

Not sure how thats gonna help

Jack won't say no though

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    No post match interview from him no?

I can’t honestly say, but that’s not really the point now

Well it is, your post suggested he should be sacked if we want to aim higher, we are probably exceeding the points tally that the club aimed for at this point in the season, yes some results have been crap but anyone suggesting he should be sacked are delusional

For me that was the strongest team he had to pick from apart from playing Stevenson instead of Doig, I can't really see how he's to blame for a performance like that, the players must surely take the lion's share of the blame. I don't get the tiredness thing that the commentators kept coming out with either, we play the same number of games as everybody else. Livvie certainly didn't look 'leggie'.

Coaching Staff

Not really. We’re 4th.

I could equally say that moronic GTF attitudes like yours after a couple of bad results just leads to more of the same.

I’d like us to be better than mediocre and believe that we have a manager who can improve us even more in the longer term.

I am going to answer this as well. We should probably be looking at 4th and a LC semi at the start of the season. So yes, we have accomplished that. We should also be in a confident frame of mind to win the LC and hold on to 4th or better and thats how things have gone belly up.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    You can’t just sack managers after poor runs of form. It’ll always happen so we just keep doing it until the next run then do it again?

I’d prefer we give a manager the time to build a squad where this is less likely over time.

We are now getting into 2 or 3 games before trying to get someone sacked which is ridiculous.
    I think Ross’s problem is that he’s got zero credit in the bank after the Hearts game and the entertainment has been so poor since he joined.

The only good win I can think of is the win at Tynecastle? There’s obviously been a few good performances since then but the only memorable game that people will remember under him is that one game at Tynecastle.

@hibs.net private member
    No harm in succession planning just in case this doesn't improve or actually gets worse, which looks more likely. I've heard there are a couple of managerial prospects at Bar-L FC

First Team Breakthrough supersauzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    I got pelters on here a few weeks ago ( not pleasant ) when I said , bring back Yogi. It was a knee jerk reaction to another horrible result. However , bring in someone who can inspire a team and change tactics appropriately.
    Said this weeks ago aswell. Ross has us playing pedestrian unimaginative slow football. Grim times

Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    I am going to answer this as well. We should probably be looking at 4th and a LC semi at the start of the season. So yes, we have accomplished that. We should also be in a confident frame of mind to win the LC and hold on to 4th or better and thats how things have gone belly up.
    Hopefully with a couple of new players in we can kick on and get rid of the below par players

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I think Ross’s problem is that he’s got zero credit in the bank after the Hearts game and the entertainment has been so poor since he joined.

The only good win I can think of is the win at Tynecastle? There’s obviously been a few good performances since then but the only memorable game that people will remember under him is that one game at Tynecastle.
    Totally agree re the Hearts loss. Rightly or wrongly he lost a lot of goodwill after that defeat and perpetuated the belief he doesn’t win the big games.

Testimonial Due capitals_finest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Bottle job.
    This is just attention seeking trying to get a reaction, as boring as our team right now.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Jack Loss must go. Football is dire and he's going to take us backwards.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post

You proud of that one? His win percentage is over 50%, so it doesn't even make sense. Just call him by his name ffs, playground patter.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    His card is marked now for me. Tried to give the benefit of the doubt after the semi final but he’s under pressure now after that awful result today

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Totally agree re the Hearts loss. Rightly or wrongly he lost a lot of goodwill after that defeat and perpetuated the belief he doesn’t win the big games.
    Was always going to be the case. Some folk mock that attitude but it is one that a lot of people share.

The last few days has been really bad for him. He was always going to have the ‘big game’ thing hanging over him. If he starts failing to win the wee games as well, it’s not going to be pretty.

Is 4th success now?

Given our budget and investment, 4th is the minimum in my book, I’m not sure Ross would deserve a pat on the back for achieving it.

Celtic are in a state this year and may well now implode completely that the title is gone, so it’s not just 3rd that could be achievable. Meanwhile Livi have 2 games in hand on us, so 4th can hardly be thought of as a stick on at this point.

That’s not to say that finishing 4th should get Ross sacked, but in the circumstances it’s probably the lowest we could finish and his future not become a subject for serious consideration.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    He doesn’t.

If his team comes up against a motivated team that’s fired up for a big game his team loses.

His one big game win for us was when the Hearts manager took the week off and gave the players the day off before the game.

There’s absolutely no way we’ll finish 3rd and no way we’ll win this league cup. Absolutely no chance imo.

You need to fire your team up to win big matches but that’s not his thing, he is a calm and collected manager that’s all about slow and steady progress.

Left by mutual consent!

Today.
    Ross County.
    St Johnstone.
    Alloa.
    Dundee Utd.
    Semi Final
    Sheep x 2.
    Motherwell at home.
    Clinging on at home 3 up against Hamilton.

It's a major, major cause for concern. County scored during the week, game over. Livi today, game over, Aberdeen away and home... That's not mentioning hammered to the worst Celtic side in 6 years nor the derby last year when Hearts couldn't buy a bloody win.

No fight or creation, we never look like coming back after we lose the first game coupled by we look like losing or throwing away games having starting games no bad.

It's his squad. We have bigger and better ones than the majority of teams above.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    He doesn’t.

If his team comes up against a motivated team that’s fired up for a big game his team loses.

His one big game win for us was when the Hearts manager took the week off and gave the players the day off before the game.

There’s absolutely no way we’ll finish 3rd and no way we’ll win this league cup. Absolutely no chance imo.

You need to fire your team up to win big matches but that’s not his thing, he is a calm and collected manager that’s all about slow and steady progress.
    Just like Sunderland fans predicted before the playoff final they where going to lose.

Apart from the fact he has taken us forward since he got the job, bet you couldnt wait to post that today