hibs.net Messageboard

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Jack Ross

@hibs.net private member
    Really had high hopes for Ross, that was totally unacceptable though. He can’t win big games and his derby record is unacceptable therefore he must go.

2. Log in to remove the advert

St Johnstone semi final - 3-0
    Ross County league loss
    St Johnstone recently at ER
    Alloa late goal - mince performance
    Dundee Utd dropping points - late goals
    Semi Final v Hearts
    Sheep x 2. This season
    Sheep x1 last season
    Motherwell at home.
    Clinging on at home after being 3 up against Hamilton.
    Derby last season at ER - awful performance
    Livi at home
    BetFred cup group stages - some of the performances were awful ( I know we won the group but still issues)

Add in the Drey Wright - the 55 / 50 min subs he regularly does, lack of goals at home (crap home record).

His team selection today..Cadden and Irvine aren’t fit. Boyle doesn’t play through middle. Allan was never ready to come on. Why drop Gray from squad even for his experience and influence. Gullan no minutes - Hallberg who has been fine no minutes.

This is not good reading and I’ve lost faith in him and the players. Mentally weak and the manager has players that won’t stand up to him and definitely won’t stand up to others = constantly get bullied and lose important games.

He's fast running out of ideas- his after match radio interview tonight proved that.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ross County league loss
    Semi Final v Hearts
    Sheep x 2. This season
    Sheep x1 last season
    Motherwell at home.
    Livi at home
    BetFred cup group stages - some of the performances were awful ( I know we won the group but still issues)

Add in the Drey Wright - the 55 / 50 min subs he regularly does, lack of goals at home (crap home record).

His team selection today..Cadden and Irvine aren’t fit. Boyle doesn’t play through middle. Allan was never ready to come on. Why drop Gray from squad even for his experience and influence. Gullan no minutes - Hallberg who has been fine no minutes.

This is not good reading and I’ve lost faith in him and the players. Mentally weak and the manager has players that won’t stand up to him and definitely won’t stand up to others = constantly get bullied and lose important games.
    When you list it like that he’s pretty hopeless.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Ross County league loss
    Semi Final v Hearts
    Sheep x 2. This season
    Sheep x1 last season
    Motherwell at home.
    Livi at home

Oft. That is so bleak!!

To try and balance it out, what would be the positives;

2-0 win at tynie
    4-0 Livi win
    a couple decent performances at home against the old firm.

Struggling after that to be honest. I'm sure there's a few I'm missing out. It's annoying, cause I honestly really like the guy. Just not sure he can redeem himself from what you've posted.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Jack Ross
    Jack Loss
    Jack Dross

Whatever you want to call him he's not taking us forward as a club. We are embarrassingly bad in big games and dreadful to watch in most other matches, he's doing his best to surrender 4th place to Livvy as well, 3 weeks time and we will likely be 5th. He picks the team, he gives the instructions, he's incapable of changing a game to make us better. He changed the shape at 1-0 and made us worse. By the time 60 minutes came round and we were 3-0 down it was hard to tell what formation we were playing. He has to go. Season pretty ****ed now anyway.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    That’s clearly not what I said.

We lost to an awful Hearts team that was getting pumped by everyone in the same way. Yet this clown thought, I’ll do it differently and played right into their hands.

As for Boyle, he’s played a few positions but he’s best wide of a front 3. He’s always been an average centre forward, always been an average wing back, he’s never been decent behind the striker and barely even reaches the standard of a professional footballer on the left, yet every week, he’s a victim of this clowns tactical roulette 🤡
    Boyle has never played wide of a front 3 consistently never mind consistently well. He was an exceptional wingback under lennon.

His best attribute is his ability to carry the ball up the park, something he doesn't get much opportunity to do played in a front 2 or 3. And even when not on form he always puts in a lot of running. Wingback every time for me.

I’ve calmed down a bit now, and I’ve concluded at this stage I don’t think Jack Ross should be sacked right now.
    I would say his jacket’s on a shooglie peg, and we do need to see much better.
    I can’t see the chaos of getting a new manager in helping our bid for Europe, which at this stage is still well on track, though. We’ve blown a very winnable competition, but again we’re still well on track for qualifying for Europe, and I’m not willing to right us off for the Scottish cup before we’ve even kicked a ball.

I’d say let’s re-evaluate at the end of the season, and consider whether JR is the right man to match our ambitions in the summer.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by PH91 View Post
    Boyle has never played wide of a front 3 consistently never mind consistently well. He was an exceptional wingback under lennon.

His best attribute is his ability to carry the ball up the park, something he doesn't get much opportunity to do played in a front 2 or 3. And even when not on form he always puts in a lot of running. Wingback every time for me.
    Boyle is highly overrated. On his day he can be great but that isn’t anywhere near often enough. He has gone from an impact sub to an automatic starter which is not reflective of his performances, especially this season.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRobot View Post
    Boyle is highly overrated. On his day he can be great but that isn’t anywhere near often enough. He has gone from an impact sub to an automatic starter which is not reflective of his performances, especially this season.
    Boyle is class.

Unfortunately, we need to play a way that will get the best out of him.

Having no actual game plan other than hoping Boyle and/or Murphy can create something out of nothing won’t work.

He’s a winger, not a striker and not a wing back. To get the best out of him we need to control the midfield and get him either one on one with the full back or getting balls in behind the full back.

Just lumping the ball in his direction and hoping for the best is pish.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Oft. That is so bleak!!

To try and balance it out, what would be the positives;

2-0 win at tynie
    4-0 Livi win
    a couple decent performances at home against the old firm.

Struggling after that to be honest. I'm sure there's a few I'm missing out. It's annoying, cause I honestly really like the guy. Just not sure he can redeem himself from what you've posted.
    2-0 derby win against a terrible Hearts team.

Aberdeen 3-0 win at ER - Dons missing players and worst I’ve seen them in years.

We have had a few wins away against Livi / Killie / Motherwell but again all at times when they were struggling really - 2 out the 3 have new managers now !!!

You could argue we blew points especially against Celtic conceding late at home then the covid game when I agree Celtic starting team still decent but still a massive opportunity to win for first time for years at Celtic park and opportunity missed again.

Managers need games to get credit in the bank - his current credit rating is really bad. 4th doesn’t do much considering it’s the minimum expected.

I didn’t expect us to win tonight but I never though we would get beaten 3-0 and could easily have been more. Yes we had chances but didn’t take them - 3-0 isn’t a lucky result just because we played well for 30 mins.

He should resign and save his own skin / career

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    8 goals shipped to Livi, Ross C, St J.

Let that sink in......
    With 0 scored.

We are a team that is struggling to score and continually losing sloppy goals. That never ends well.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Boyle is class.

Unfortunately, we need to play a way that will get the best out of him.

Having no actual game plan other than hoping Boyle and/or Murphy can create something out of nothing won’t work.

He’s a winger, not a striker and not a wing back. To get the best out of him we need to control the midfield and get him either one on one with the full back or getting balls in behind the full back.

Just lumping the ball in his direction and hoping for the best is pish.
    This has been the downfall IMO, JR’s persistence with a formation that suits very little of our squad, 442. Yes we’ve got results and it’s a good position in the league but the performances have been battling and scrappy all the way through the season it’s not that we’ve tactically out thought or flowing football, it’s been a grind with sometimes good fortune.
    Gogic, Boyle, Mallan, Allan, Murphy all players that don’t suit 442 definitely IMO could make an argument for Doidge’s poor season being down to it too.
    Defensive performance as well we loose the midfield battle too easy with the 2 in the middle, huge pressure on the centre backs, Boyle Murphy/Wright offer little to no full back protection out wide, and add that to the way we constantly stand off teams.

We’re needing to give ourselves half a chance and play to the strengths we’ve got, and the players need to have a look as well I’m not convinced by JR however I’d like to think he’s not telling the team to go out and stand off as much as they are doing and I’d like to hope he’s pressing them
    To play with a bit more urgency, to easily out worked

'Why drop Gray from squad even for his experience and influence.'

Dropping Gray from the bench is massive for me. He's club captain. I thought he was injured. Hampden and Gray are forever in the memory. But didnt see him on the tv footage.

Strange move especially as Allan is not ready he should not be on the bench.

Far to many players playing with less than a match in there legs over the last month... e.g a pre season team.

Ross has lost a formation and tactic and settled team that works.

You want your captains voice in the changing room.

As manager, he just chucked all the forward on with no thought about how to create. Losing the goal on 48 mins didnt mean ripping up the attacking tactics which in comparison worked in the first half. You have talked all of half time about what to do next. Then give up on that after 3 mins... when all you need to focus on is getting the next goal.
    Last edited by el hibs; 24-01-2021 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by el hibs View Post
    'Why drop Gray from squad even for his experience and influence.'

Dropping Gray from the bench is massive for me. He's club captain. I thought he was injured. Hampden and Gray are forever in the memory. But didnt see him on the tv footage.

Strange move especially as Allan is not ready he should not be on the bench.

Far to many players playing with less than a match in there legs over the last month... e.g a pre season team.

Ross has lost a formation and tactic and settled team that works.

You want your captains voice in the changing room.

As manager, he just chucked all the forward on with no thought about how to create. Losing the goal on 48 mins didnt mean ripping up the attacking tactics which in comparison worked in the first half. You have talked all of half time about what to do next. Then give up on that after 3 mins... when all you need to focus on is getting the next goal.
    We’re badly lacking leadership, experience and fight on the pitch. Gray and McGregor’s influence has never properly been replaced. John McGinn and Cummings also brought their own confidence to the team. JR is creating a team in his own mould. Safe, organised and badly lacking bottle when the going gets tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Jack Ross
    Jack Loss
    Jack Dross

Whatever you want to call him he's not taking us forward as a club. We are embarrassingly bad in big games and dreadful to watch in most other matches, he's doing his best to surrender 4th place to Livvy as well, 3 weeks time and we will likely be 5th. He picks the team, he gives the instructions, he's incapable of changing a game to make us better. He changed the shape at 1-0 and made us worse. By the time 60 minutes came round and we were 3-0 down it was hard to tell what formation we were playing. He has to go. Season pretty ****ed now anyway.

What’s embarrassing is this chat. Making up shan, unfunny dad jokes about his name and then saying ‘whatever you want to call him’. It’s actually getting like Donald Trump saying he’s heard some people call Covid ‘Kung flu’.

Its why your posts always read as if you’re enjoying yourself when we lose.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Jack Ross
    Jack Loss
    Jack Dross

What’s embarrassing is that you’re in your thirty’s and not 13 years old, which would be the only excuse for this kind of post.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    What’s embarrassing is that you’re in your thirty’s and not 13 years old, which would be the only excuse for this kind of post.
    Personally attacking another Hibs fan for posting his opinion? There’s only one thing that’s embarrassing here...

GreenCastle’s post earlier nails it. Full of facts:

Originally Posted by GreenCastle:
    Ross County league loss
    Semi Final v Hearts
    Sheep x 2. This season
    Sheep x1 last season
    Motherwell at home.
    Livi at home

When you list it like that he’s pretty hopeles

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Rhoades View Post
    Personally attacking another Hibs fan for posting his opinion? There’s only one thing that’s embarrassing here...
    Attacking? Where?

Your grasp of language seems about as firm as your grip on reality (see your Ron Gordon nonsense thread).

There’s your personal attack...

That wasn’t a freak, one off performance. We’ve won a few league games because we have better players than most of the other teams. The likes of Nisbet can pull something out of the bag. But we’re not a team, it’s just a collection of individuals and he doesn’t know how to get the best from them as a unit. If we score first we’re all right, our record after going behind is appalling though.

We have blown two massive opportunities in cups and also the opportunity to push Celtic in the league, for a Champions League place. I’m not saying we should be finishing second or anything like that, but there was an opportunity there this year that won’t be there again for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by gazzag70 View Post
    Really had high hopes for Ross, that was totally unacceptable though. He can’t win big games and his derby record is unacceptable therefore he must go.
    He’s only had 3 derbies and won 1 of them away from home, losing another in extra time by virtue of a missed penalty, it’s hardly unacceptable. It can improve but regardless whether we like it or not, we will win some and lose some to teams with similar budgets to ourselves.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    He’s only had 3 derbies and won 1 of them away from home, losing another in extra time by virtue of a missed penalty, it’s hardly unacceptable. It can improve but regardless whether we like it or not, we will win some and lose some to teams with similar budgets to ourselves.
    It’s unacceptable when one of them was an absolute going over at home to Hearts who were bottom of the league and the other was yet another Hampden defeat to Hearts - this time from the lower leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    It’s unacceptable when one of them was an absolute going over at home to Hearts who were bottom of the league and the other was yet another Hampden defeat to Hearts - this time from the lower leagues.
    We also pumped them at Tynecastle, a place I’ve seen us win a handful of times. Regardless of their position, their squad is built on similar foundations to ours in terms of resource and results will be split against them. Expecting us to beat them every time is unrealistic in football.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    We also pumped them at Tynecastle, a place I’ve seen us win a handful of times. Regardless of their position, their squad is built on similar foundations to ours in terms of resource and results will be split against them. Expecting us to beat them every time is unrealistic in football.
    We did. But how many times have hearts been relegated in your time? The result at tynecastle was a great result, no doubting that. But the other two were absolutely horrific results.

Nobody expects us to beat them every time. But when you get torn apart at home by them when they’re bottom of the league and then get knocked out the cup at Hampden yet again by them when they’re in the league below us, they are absolutely shocking results.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Their wage bill/player budget is bigger than ours and has been for as long as I can remember. Ron seems to have loosened the purse strings a bit (from his own pocket? ), but they're still probably outspending us.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    We did. But how many times have hearts been relegated in your time? The result at tynecastle was a great result, no doubting that. But the other two were absolutely horrific results.

Nobody expects us to beat them every time. But when you get torn apart at home by them when they’re bottom of the league and then get knocked out the cup at Hampden yet again by them when they’re in the league below us, they are absolutely shocking results.
    Whether they are in a league below us is irrelevant. The relevance is with what they are continuing to spend on their squad. They are still as big a club as us regardless of where they are. It was a poor result, no doubt, because it was them and a semi final, but they weren’t some run of the mill championship side, and even wider context being we outplayed them and missed a penalty to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Their wage bill/player budget is bigger than ours and has been for as long as I can remember. Ron seems to have loosened the purse strings a bit (from his own pocket? ), but they're still probably outspending us.
    Estimated average wage £140k a week at Aberdeen, £135ish at Hearts, £120ish at Hibs according to statista.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 24-01-2021 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Figures slightly wrong

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Estimated average wage £140k a week at Aberdeen, £130ish at Hearts, £115ish at Hibs.
    The average wage doesn't mean that much without knowing the size of the squad. It's the total wage bill that makes most difference IMO.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crab apple View Post
    We’re badly lacking leadership, experience and fight on the pitch. Gray and McGregor’s influence has never properly been replaced. John McGinn and Cummings also brought their own confidence to the team. JR is creating a team in his own mould. Safe, organised and badly lacking bottle when the going gets tough.
    There was also Big Marv and others no on messed us about there was a great team spirit.
    Now there is no leaders , soft as s### , weak mentality .
    While we may have better players than the other 2 teams we have played in the semi finals they had better team spirit , will to win.
    St Johnstone did exactly what Hertz did put a marker down did Porteous in the first couple of minutes , as usual we did nothing similar .