hibs.net Messageboard

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack Ross

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by #2 Double Tap View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We can defo agree on the midfield! this is a good start. haha

In terms of improvement, I mean since JR took over, the signings he has made, our style, how we see out games.......these have not improved this year imo.

sure those lanarkshire wins are defo positives, just like the livi away game was and how we came back against the huns at ER........but what about the other games......early in the season that game at united we won 1-0, that was dreadful, the collapse in the last 10 mins against celtic, hamilton coming back at us at easter road- scoring 2 in the last 15mins although we did win.......motherwell 0-0 at home, we got bossed that day......the st johnston game the week after was almost as dire as the united game......

I suppose you are right when you say up and down like results, but it feels like there are more downs and the signs that we are headed in the right direction are few and far between.........
    We could improve so much, but after watching us sign or loan 12 CMers over the last few years we still cant field 2 that most people feel confident about. That is a sad state of affairs.
    Bad performances but still getting wins is a good thing though?

I’m not pretending we have been swashbuckling this season, but there have only been a few times in the last 2 decades where we could say the football has been sublime and the results have matched the quality. With JR the football has been probably just above average in terms of quality but very positive on the whole with regards to results. This season was dealt a really bad hand, but we are a couple of players away from challenging for third and pushing Celtic.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    We can defo agree on the midfield! this is a good start. haha

In terms of improvement, I mean since JR took over, the signings he has made, our style, how we see out games.......these have not improved this year imo.

sure those lanarkshire wins are defo positives, just like the livi away game was and how we came back against the huns at ER........but what about the other games......early in the season that game at united we won 1-0, that was dreadful, the collapse in the last 10 mins against celtic, hamilton coming back at us at easter road- scoring 2 in the last 15mins although we did win.......motherwell 0-0 at home, we got bossed that day......the st johnston game the week after was almost as dire as the united game......

I suppose you are right when you say up and down like results, but it feels like there are more downs and the signs that we are headed in the right direction are few and far between.........
    We could improve so much, but after watching us sign or loan 12 CMers over the last few years we still cant field 2 that most people feel confident about. That is a sad state of affairs.
    Your post above is just SOOOO HOACHING with negativity it's hard to pick anything out in particular - just the whole middle paragraph is a determined campaign to try to make positives into negatives but WHY??? We have two big fat genuine negatives in the last two pishy results - so why the urge to invent more where they do not exist?

The knack we had found earlier this season of "finding a way to win" even when not playing well is a massive positive for any team. If you refuse to see it that way then it's no surprise that you're failing to see anything else positive about Jack Ross' reign so far. For my money he's not the messiah but is more than decent as a manager and has more than earned the wriggle room to navigate out of the recent patch of rocky form.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Frank Lampard is doing worse than Jack Ross

If anyone doenst think we are in a better place that when Ross walked in the door is surely on the wind up

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Where we were in Jack Ross took over us notthe barrometer. Neither is an EPL manager.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    In amongst a long-lasting litany of utter tripe and anti-Hibs posts from you over many years that is a new low even for you.

I don't believe for a minute you are a Jambo, but you certainly behave like one and exhibit the same lack of intellect and a total absence of self-awareness.
    Needless post.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    Where we were in Jack Ross took over us notthe barrometer. Neither is an EPL manager.
    How is where we were when Jack Ross took over not relevant?

Do you think you only need a window or 2 to totally revamp a totally underperforming team?

Interesting post match discussion started by Lampard right now.... Almost seems relevant to us

Left by mutual consent!
    How is where we were when Jack Ross took over not relevant?

Do you think you only need a window or 2 to totally revamp a totally underperforming team?

Interesting post match discussion started by Lampard right now.... Almost seems relevant to us

Because we are Hibs. That is reason alone to challenge the ambition of the club and the leadership of Jack Ross. Hibs are massive in a Scottish Football context and we are now staring not winning a league Cup with a semi final against St Johnstone where the other semi final is St Mirren v Livingston Square in the face under Jack Ross. Is that really good enough? (please don't say ah well it's happened before)

Gamer IDs

Because we are Hibs. That is reason alone to challenge the ambition of the club and the leadership of Jack Ross. Hibs are massive in a Scottish Football context and we are now staring not winning a league Cup with a semi final against St Johnstone where the other semi final is St Mirren v Livingston Square in the face under Jack Ross. Is that really good enough? (please don't say ah well it's happened before)
    That's just waffle though

Ofcourse the state of the side when a new manager takes over directly influences how quickly thing tend to improve

We are Hibs, there's always a chance we can lose a semi final to anybody

I watched us lose a league cup final to Ross County not so long ago and Livi many moons before that

If you think "because we are Hibs" means we can't lose to other teams in this league your going to be in a constant state of disappointment

We have every chance of winning the semi final.

I don't think there's a form table around that puts us below St Johnstone

Last edited by Callum_62; 03-01-2021 at 06:20 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Hermit Crap.

So an admin is allowed to name call now?
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

What was the score when we last played them?

At Parkhead? 3-0 and we never had a shot on target that day. At Easter rd 2-2 another Hanlon screw up cost us 2 points but you already knew that anyway.

Left by mutual consent!
    That's just waffle though

Ofcourse the state of the side when a new manager takes over directly influences how quickly thing tend to improve

We are Hibs, there's always a chance we can lose a semi final to anybody

I watched us lose a league cup final to Ross County not so long ago and Livi many moons before that

If you think "because we are Hibs" means we can't lose to other teams in this league your going to be in a constant state of disappointment

We have every chance of winning the semi final

Might be best to read people's posts properly before replying with such a Hibs blinkered point of view. We have fans with a more pragmatic point of view too.

Coaching Staff
    Needless post.
    If you post attention seeking nonsense then you get attention.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Your surley no greetin about that after the Jack Dross/Jack Loss rubbish you've been posting

I may be assuming too much here but I don't believe for a second your actual name is Hermit Crab

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Are you really upset at that? I’ll delete it and apologise if you want but if you don’t like it then maybe think about the dreadful Jack Loss patter.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    In amongst a long-lasting litany of utter tripe and anti-Hibs posts from you over many years that is a new low even for you.

I don't believe for a minute you are a Jambo, but you certainly behave like one and exhibit the same lack of intellect and a total absence of self-awareness.
    LOL

How about Jack Dross at home then because thats what it is.

Left by mutual consent!

I don't think Matty in any way was being serious at all.

Gamer IDs

Might be best to read people's posts properly before replying with such a Hibs blinkered point of view. We have fans with a more pragmatic point of view too.
    Show me any form table that puts St Johnstone above us

It makes your post about on the edge of blowing a cup by losing to St Johnstone seem reactionary over the top rubbish

Ofcourse, we could lose that semi but then, we could lose any match we play against an spl side

Are you really upset at that? I’ll delete it and apologise if you want but if you don’t like it then maybe think about the dreadful Jack Loss patter.

No I'm not, I'm a big boy.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Since, after so many years of virtual silence you're now all over the board like a rash, you can maybe answer my question about your other user name(s).

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    So just faux outrage then?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Bad performances but still getting wins is a good thing though?

I’m not pretending we have been swashbuckling this season, but there have only been a few times in the last 2 decades where we could say the football has been sublime and the results have matched the quality. With JR the football has been probably just above average in terms of quality but very positive on the whole with regards to results. This season was dealt a really bad hand, but we are a couple of players away from challenging for third and pushing Celtic.

I agree with you, playing **** and winning is a positive, but imo it requires a greater degree of luck
    more often than not. If we are serious about making that push for third then we really need to get those
    2 or 3 players in and start turning in better performances.

Perhaps I am just overly negative about jack ross, as basehibby stated in his post above. It stems from the derby defeats
    I think and its hard to see how fellow supporters can be positive when basic stuff like the CM has still not been fixed, even
    though the manager has signed 3 players who play there.

You turned up at the Scottish Cup parade and started supporting Hibs from then didn't you?

Bragging aswell?

To be serious, Jack needs Jan to bolster the team, if we still havent improved or held 4th then his position needs to be looked at, we already had a decent amount spent on players recently,and how much time do we have to give him with the budget he has had.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I agree with you, playing **** and winning is a positive, but imo it requires a greater degree of luck
    more often than not. If we are serious about making that push for third then we really need to get those
    2 or 3 players in and start turning in better performances.

Perhaps I am just overly negative about jack ross, as basehibby stated in his post above. It stems from the derby defeats
    I think and its hard to see how fellow supporters can be positive when basic stuff like the CM has still not been fixed, even
    though the manager has signed 3 players who play there.
    Derby defeats are ***** mate, we all know that.

But that shouldn’t change the fact that there have been circumstances around Jack Ross’s time in charge at Hibs that have never been seen before and hopefully never will be again. If we are basing our opinions on managers on derby results then we wil struggle to find anyone bar Stubbs and McLeish that have an above average record in them, and that’s been the case for as long as I’ve been a Hibs fan.

I’m not asking for him not to be scrutinised, but for the board to explode the way it has over the last 2 games has been ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Derby defeats are ***** mate, we all know that.

But that shouldn’t change the fact that there have been circumstances around Jack Ross’s time in charge at Hibs that have never been seen before and hopefully never will be again. If we are basing our opinions on managers on derby results then we wil struggle to find anyone bar Stubbs and McLeish that have an above average record in them, and that’s been the case for as long as I’ve been a Hibs fan.

I’m not asking for him not to be scrutinised, but for the board to explode the way it has over the last 2 games has been ridiculous.

Its not just the last 2 games though is it. You know that though, someone posted on here earlier stating that under JR we have only won 2 of 14 of what Hibs fans call big games, some of the defeats in those big games have been by a shocking scoreline as well. 1-3 at home to Hearts for example.

Its not just the last 2 games though is it. You know that though, someone posted on here earlier stating that under JR we have only won 2 of 14 of what Hibs fans call big games, some of the defeats in those big games have been by a shocking scoreline as well. 1-3 at home to Hearts for example.
    Are we going to bring that game up every time he loses? He is basically doomed if we're still holding that against him.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Are we going to bring that game up every time he loses? He is basically doomed if we're still holding that against him.
    Yes, certain people will. Then the next manager gets the same treatment and so on.

Still, some people have been able to fill the last couple of days with some time on here when we usually get the odd comment towards the end of games.

I’m sure they are highly successful people in their own right given their meticulous standards.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post

Are we just going to ignore these games then? Losing derbies is never acceptable but the manner in which we've lost them and other big games is shocking. This is something that needs to improve quickly.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Are we just going to ignore these games then? Losing derbies is never acceptable but the manner in which we've lost them and other big games is shocking. This is something that needs to improve quickly.
    What's the point? We probably won't play them again this season.

"Losing derbies is never acceptable"?

It's going to happen. We will lose derbies. Even if we had a good derby record it would happen. You are being petulant in the extreme if you can't accept losing a derby now and then. Not that the two Ross lost were acceptable by the way. But just making a general point.