hibs.net Messageboard

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Jack Ross

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Estimated average wage £140k a week at Aberdeen, £135ish at Hearts, £120ish at Hibs according to statista.
    And probably about £60k at the last 3 teams to beat us.................

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    He’s only had 3 derbies and won 1 of them away from home, losing another in extra time by virtue of a missed penalty, it’s hardly unacceptable. It can improve but regardless whether we like it or not, we will win some and lose some to teams with similar budgets to ourselves.
    It's unacceptable. The manner of the last two is totally unacceptable.

To add to Greencastles good points I want to point to another aspect of JR which perhaps show that his frame of mind is wrong and that might be contributing towards us going backwards. He says we didnt deserve to be behind at half time. I dont accept that at all. Possession is nothing if you dont score and cant defend properly. To say you dont deserve to be behind when you havent scored nor defended well is not realistic, its not seeing things as they are, its feeling sorry for yourself. Of course we deserved to be behind bcause we did not defend nor did we take our chances. We deserved to lose 3 0. We deserved to lose 3 0 to Livi and 2 0 to Ross County. Lets accept that and its up to him and the players to sort that out. He picks the team and tactics so it starts with him. The first step to solving a problem is to define the problem and recognise the causes. Then you work on removing, eradicating the causes. I dont think he has that analytical ability, I am sure I am not the only one. Being reasonable humans we hope we are proved wrong

McGennis takes his chance against the Hertz and Murphy takes his last night I've no doubt we would have been on our way to 2 finals.
    Both were shocking misses. For me its about the players and its historic. For years lots of really good players turning out in a Hibs jersey at Hampden have crapped it. That's a trait and it needs addressing. David Gray demonstrated determination and a never give up attitude when he won the important backtracking tackle in the final and effectively handed the baton to Stokes to push on. It worked and we won. That attitude was developed at Old Trafford and thats what is needed at Easter Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    The average wage doesn't mean that much without knowing the size of the squad. It's the total wage bill that makes most difference IMO.
    A very quick search shows Hearts £4.1million Hibs £3.6million according to salary sport. So fairly similar gap. They pay about 15% more than us.

Left by mutual consent!
    The average wage doesn't mean that much without knowing the size of the squad. It's the total wage bill that makes most difference IMO.
    Agreed. Would be very interesting to see a full breakdown of the squads wages and what represents value for money.

All these St Mirren players.
    All the midfielders.
    Gray, Lewy, McGregor and Hanlon.

Quote Originally Posted by EVENTUALLY View Post
    McGennis takes his chance against the Hertz and Murphy takes his last night I've no doubt we would have been on our way to 2 finals.
    Both were shocking misses. For me its about the players and its historic. For years lots of really good players turning out in a Hibs jersey at Hampden have crapped it. That's a trait and it needs addressing. David Gray demonstrated determination and a never give up attitude when he won the important backtracking tackle in the final and effectively handed the baton to Stokes to push on. It worked and we won. That attitude was developed at Old Trafford and thats what is needed at Easter Road.
    And if we hadnt let in three against Livi an two against Ross County we would have had two nil nil draws at home.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by h1bs4life View Post
    There was also Big Marv and others no on messed us about there was a great team spirit.
    Now there is no leaders , soft as s### , weak mentality .
    While we may have better players than the other 2 teams we have played in the semi finals they had better team spirit , will to win.
    St Johnstone did exactly what Hertz did put a marker down did Porteous in the first couple of minutes , as usual we did nothing similar .
    Except that’s not true. I’ve seen us have Daz and SDG and McGinn and Cummings and Marv on the pitch and still lose 0-3 at home to Morton. A week later they all played when we lost 1-0 away at QoTS. They all played when Ross County beat us in the cup final too.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    It's unacceptable. The manner of the last two is totally unacceptable.
    The home one was very poor, but again, in context although they were bottom of the league at that point, they had just beaten Rangers in the Scottish which showed they had moments where they could turn up. The Scottish cup one we outplayed them and missed glaring chances and a penalty. I hate losing to them as much as the next person but our record will always be up and down against them.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    And probably about £60k at the last 3 teams to beat us.................
    And more often than not we beat those teams (off the top of my head, don’t have the stats). We will lose odd games against them, but will beat them regularly.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Rhoades View Post
    Personally attacking another Hibs fan for posting his opinion? There’s only one thing that’s embarrassing here...

GreenCastle’s post earlier nails it. Full of facts:

Originally Posted by GreenCastle:
    St Johnstone semi final - 3-0
    Ross County league loss
    St Johnstone recently at ER
    Alloa late goal - mince performance
    Dundee Utd dropping points - late goals
    Semi Final v Hearts
    Sheep x 2. This season
    Sheep x1 last season
    Motherwell at home.
    Clinging on at home after being 3 up against Hamilton.
    Derby last season at ER - awful performance
    Livi at home
    BetFred cup group stages - some of the performances were awful ( I know we won the group but still issues)

Add in the Drey Wright - the 55 / 50 min subs he regularly does, lack of goals at home (crap home record).

His team selection today..Cadden and Irvine aren’t fit. Boyle doesn’t play through middle. Allan was never ready to come on. Why drop Gray from squad even for his experience and influence. Gullan no minutes - Hallberg who has been fine no minutes.

This is not good reading and I’ve lost faith in him and the players. Mentally weak and the manager has players that won’t stand up to him and definitely won’t stand up to others = constantly get bullied and lose important games.
    When you list it like that he’s pretty hopeles
    I've been on the managers and a couple of players backs for a while now over performances etc. but some of the chat after yesterday is unreal, it wasn't long ago the club where being bashed for keeping gray and McGregor on long contracts and some daring to suggest Stevenson should be given the same, now at least one has to have a place on the bench even though the starting 11 had 2 players in it who could play his position?
    Betfred group stages...we where half a squad down for around 3 of them due to international games and injuries and still won the group
    we where all up in arms Jackson only signed a 6 month contract but now he's not to play? how's he supposed to get up to speed? probably our best player yesterday.
    Newell injured wright hopeless who should have played instead of cadden? Hallberg out wide? not going to work was it.

there's plenty to bash JR with there's really no need to make stuff up or attempt to sour it even further, we bossed the first 45 which suggest the initial team selection was fine, there are players in our squad who have won trophy's at our club or at other clubs this mentally weak thing is a media driven hyperbole to bring back the 'Hibssed it' tag.

an awful result and there's a lot he's needing to look at and sort but sacking him now is extreme he deserves the opportunity to at least see out the season, I don't hold out much hope long term with him but I'm hoping I'm wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Bottle job.
    Amazing insight you’ve got.
    Must be great having the loyal support.
    Could say your a bottle job for bottling support for your manager.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Percy Vere View Post
    Jeez, a superfan speaks!!

Everybody bow to his/her superiority.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Percy Vere View Post
    Or not coming on here to continue and defend his negative opinions when things are going relatively well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Jack Ross
    Jack Loss
    Jack Dross

Whatever you want to call him he's not taking us forward as a club. We are embarrassingly bad in big games and dreadful to watch in most other matches, he's doing his best to surrender 4th place to Livvy as well, 3 weeks time and we will likely be 5th. He picks the team, he gives the instructions, he's incapable of changing a game to make us better. He changed the shape at 1-0 and made us worse. By the time 60 minutes came round and we were 3-0 down it was hard to tell what formation we were playing. He has to go. Season pretty ****ed now anyway.
    I struggle with this view seriously. Hounding out a manager that has us in 4th and reaching every single semi final.
    Raging about last night, but the manager had a team and system on the park that had us in the position to get to both finals, the players never seized it.
    At some point the players on the park need to take over.

Qualifying for Europe is not something we do anywhere near as regularly as we should. Does that not count for anything?
    The manager has us in position to qualify for europe and to get to both major finals. There's clearly a wide range of expectations.

For me this lies much more widely with the players no taking the opportunity when everything is in place in the position to do so.

Not sure what to make of his reaction yesterday.

https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky/stat...195196929?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    I've been on the managers and a couple of players backs for a while now over performances etc. but some of the chat after yesterday is unreal, it wasn't long ago the club where being bashed for keeping gray and McGregor on long contracts and some daring to suggest Stevenson should be given the same, now at least one has to have a place on the bench even though the starting 11 had 2 players in it who could play his position?
    Betfred group stages...we where half a squad down for around 3 of them due to international games and injuries and still won the group
    we where all up in arms Jackson only signed a 6 month contract but now he's not to play? how's he supposed to get up to speed? probably our best player yesterday.
    Newell injured wright hopeless who should have played instead of cadden? Hallberg out wide? not going to work was it.

there's plenty to bash JR with there's really no need to make stuff up or attempt to sour it even further, we bossed the first 45 which suggest the initial team selection was fine, there are players in our squad who have won trophy's at our club or at other clubs this mentally weak thing is a media driven hyperbole to bring back the 'Hibssed it' tag.

an awful result and there's a lot he's needing to look at and sort but sacking him now is extreme he deserves the opportunity to at least see out the season, I don't hold out much hope long term with him but I'm hoping I'm wrong
    I never said start McGregor or Gray but I do think their influence is important. Gray is club captain ! Gray or Drey Wright for a last minute goal it’s not contest.

BetFred group stages against part time players - surely we have the depth to beat these teams.

Jackson Irvine has talent but he will admit he isn’t match fit. You only had to watch him tracking back yesterday.

Gogic was solid and winning the ball but once we start losing he’s not what we need.

We didn’t boss it for 45 mins. That’s totally made up and contradictory to what your saying !!

We dominated for 30 mins then lost a goal - the other 60 was awful. How many chances did we create after going behind?

We both had 5 shots on target in whole game. 1 yellow card and they had 2 ! Get beat 3-0 and have 1 yellow card ? We are soft and that comes from recruitment and the manager.

His team yesterday might be good in 6 months but it wasn’t ready for yesterday and it was a massive risk.

If Ross was to pick the team again today 100% he wouldn’t start with the same team. If he said he would he would be more clueless than I originally thought.

The only rest of the season is predictable- some dull performances - dropped points - getting knocked out Scottish (just hoping we don’t draw Hearts again) and the continued acceptance of mediocre performances.

If he signs some defenders / another striker with leadership he may start to address some of our issues.

We just keep on getting kicked in the stones. Time after time .

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by DavieRoy View Post

Sounds fairly honest to me

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Sounds fairly honest to me

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Yep don’t see a lot wrong with what he’s said there.

@hibs.net private member
    Their wage bill/player budget is bigger than ours and has been for as long as I can remember. Ron seems to have loosened the purse strings a bit (from his own pocket? ), but they're still probably outspending us.
    But their rubbish. They got relegated last season and are losing to the likes of Alloa and Raith.

If we want to talk about budgets, would love to compare ours and Livi's. Or Ross County etc who have run over us recently.

Can't really see what's wrong with what he said there?

10th when previous manager sacked
    4th currently

"not taking us forward"

🤔

"Klopp out" is trending on Twitter. Just shows how mental football fans can be

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    "Klopp out" is trending on Twitter. Just shows how mental football fans can be
    What tends to happen with twitter trends is that often the term 'Klopp out' for example will be posted by one person (possibly even tongue in cheek), loads of folk will pick up on it and post something like 'can't believe this boy wants Klopp out', then it trends and folk write 'can't believe Klopp out is trending, Liverpool fans are mental'. What you've posted on here, if it was in twitter would add to the trend. Cycle continues and context is totally removed

Anyway, Jack Ross out

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    10th when previous manager sacked
    4th currently

"not taking us forward"

What Jack Ross has done at hibs is win the league games he should be winning and we have even struggled to do that of late. Hardly impressive to be honest and he has been backed more than any other hibs manager in recent history. So is perhaps underachieving?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Can't see anything wrong with his comments reflects the hurt we were all feeling on Saturday.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...box=1611559225

Scott Allan speaks well here and he’s bang on the money. Ross made mistakes but the players failing to do the basics is down to them and they let themselves and the fans down badly.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...box=1611559225

Scott Allan speaks well here and he’s bang on the money. Ross made mistakes but the players failing to do the basics is down to them and they let themselves and the fans down badly.
    Good comments pretty much spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    What tends to happen with twitter trends is that often the term 'Klopp out' for example will be posted by one person (possibly even tongue in cheek), loads of folk will pick up on it and post something like 'can't believe this boy wants Klopp out', then it trends and folk write 'can't believe Klopp out is trending, Liverpool fans are mental'. What you've posted on here, if it was in twitter would add to the trend. Cycle continues and context is totally removed

Anyway, Jack Ross out
    Seems to be more than just that

https://twitter.com/talkSPORT/status/1352384222644867074?s=09