hibs.net Messageboard

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack Ross

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We lost 3 in a week. We've won A LOT more than we've lost this season.
    If we lose another 3 league games this month then the gap will start to narrow between us and 5th, if we lose the semi final too then that’s going to have a massive dent in confidence. I would genuinely be worried about even making top four if we come out of this month without a win.

2. Log in to remove the advert

With the gap we created between 4th and 5th losing 4th by the end of the season is definitely under performing.

Hibs aren’t going to win the league any time in near future - the cups are the only chances of silverware. Sad reality but true.

I’m not falling into the league cup is the wee cup (co-incidence the club which hasn’t won it for so long started this nonsense). Of course the Scottish is the main cup tournament but the league cup is still a fantastic achievement.

My point is the semi final is an important game for Jack Ross. It’s winnable and a chance to give us a shot at winning another cup.

IF we make the final that’s another huge test to see if management and players have the motivation / mindset / quality to win it.

If we lose either of these games then it’s a serious opportunity missed and fans have every right to seriously question those involved.

I can rightly see why fans are concerned - I just hope the players / management and owner realise what a great opportunity we have here as could you imagine the boost it gives the fans and club during these tough times.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    A club of Hibs size happy with finishing in the top 6? 👀
    Where have you been?

Tick tock

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Tick tock
    He’s not going anywhere anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Tick tock
    Hibs aren't sacking a manager while we're 4th. ''tick tock'' isn't true and honestly, its a really bizarre thing for a Hibs fan to come out with. Its like you actively want him to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Hibs aren't sacking a manager while we're 4th. ''tick tock'' isn't true and honestly, its a really bizarre thing for a Hibs fan to come out with. Its like you actively want him to fail.
    I want Hibs to win every game. I’m disappointed because we have bottled two of the biggest games this season against teams with lower quality than us. He’s a bottle merchant.

Sack this loser!

Aggregate score against Ross county, livi and St J is 8-0

**** off

"Some aspects of our performance were really pleasing"

@hibs.net private member
    Who do we go for to replace Ross? I can’t think of anyone out there.

Mentality of the club accepts defeats like this.

If we were ruthless we would make players / managers aware this isn’t acceptable.

Instead we will have the “didn’t take chances chat.”

I don’t want excuses this is simply not good enough - stupid / risky team selection and it didn’t work.

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Aggregate score against Ross county, livi and St J is 8-0

**** off
    Nice random 3 games you've picked there.

Our aggregate against killie Motherwell and Hamilton is 9-0

This isnt a good result.

But if we get rid of Ross we risk another Butcher, Fenlon, Calderwood, Heckingbottom type appointment which would leave us in a much worse position.

He can GTF after this, that's the second winnable semi in a row that he's bottled now.

No fight after their first goal went in.

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Who do we go for to replace Ross? I can’t think of anyone out there.
    Anyone who can save us from dropping out of the top four.

I've seen alot worse managers but as a few have said thats 2 semi finals we should have won.

Where do we go from here as on form we will be lucky to make top 6.

4th is not good. 4th, with the 3rd or 4th biggest budget in the league, is a passing grade. Though given our and Livi’s recent form, we won’t be 4th for long.

Worse when you look above at Celtic and Aberdeen struggling.

Ross has had more than enough time and budget to show us who he is and what he can do. I’ve seen more than enough.

First Team Breakthrough
    The only criticism I would aim at Ross was changing formation after the second goal. Up until then we had easily been the better side, but were poor in front of either goal which was solely down to the players. Of course Porteous won’t take any flack despite being missing twice.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    He's not the answer. Finishing 4th in this current league isn't an achievement. Absolute murder to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    I've seen alot worse managers but as a few have said thats 2 semi finals we should have won.

Where do we go from here as on form we will be lucky to make top 6.
    It would be silly to believe in the current form we will finish top four. Rangers next...

Quote Originally Posted by Hibi View Post
    The only criticism I would aim at Ross was changing formation after the second goal. Up until then we had easily been the better side, but were poor in front of either goal which was solely down to the players. Of course Porteous won’t take any flack despite being missing twice.
    What about the team selection that had never played together before with 2 guys not match fit

Jack Ross out, if we can afford it I would sack him tomorrow.

We have good players, he cant get them organised.

@hibs.net private member
    Time to go Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by hibeedonald View Post
    Jack Ross out, if we can afford it I would sack him tomorrow.

We have good players, he cant get them organised.
    Love to see John Collins with this squad

Rosd should go. He won't.....until season tic numbers dwindle and the board will act.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    He has until the end of the season to get us into Europe, which will be tough as our two remaining ties against Aberdeen will be defeats.

We'll go in on the final day needing a point for fourth and end up getting beat 4-0 at home to Livi or sonething.

My gut feeling is it is best Ross goes now.

Overseeing 2 disasterous semi finals is unforgivable. What a opportunity we were given after favourable cup draws. Any future loss against an allegedly inferior team will create a toxic atmosphere which will gradually wear him and the club down.

With the money he has been given to sign players it is not a major achievement being 4th in the league.

Our biggest weakness is in the centre of defence which he has not addressed. Ross continually signs midfielders who are no better than what we have.

Cannot see Ross being given anymore money to sign players.

After tonight he is a dead man walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    My gut feeling is it is best Ross goes now.

Overseeing 2 disasterous semi finals is unforgivable. What a opportunity we were given after favourable cup draws. Any future loss against an allegedly inferior team will create a toxic atmosphere which will gradually wear him and the club down.

With the money he has been given to sign players it is not a major achievement being 4th in the league.

Our biggest weakness is in the centre of defence which he has not addressed. Ross continually signs midfielders who are no better than what we have.

Cannot see Ross being given anymore money to sign players.

After tonight he is a dead man walking.
    Dead man walking from the moment we lost a championship Hearts.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    What about the team selection that had never played together before with 2 guys not match fit
    With the injuries we’ve had in the middle of the park he’d didn’t have many choices. Most fans agreed Mallan isn’t the answer. The back 3 had played together many times but for some reason couldn’t defend set plays well enough.