hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DanishJohn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I did not attend to belittle anyone. I intended to encourage people.
    It's probably the winning mentality in me where I don't want Hibs to be second to anyone.

As for not being the best way to go about it, is of course only your opinion.
    I think perhaps you’re not looking at things in the round. Or circumstances which I think deserves a little more attention.

In all of this clamour (let’s be many are just honest comparing ourselves against Hearts) we forget we’re not comparing like with like.

I’ve no idea what the socio-economic profile or Hearts V Hibs fans but that’s what will in part determine folks propensity to pay over and above. If the Jambos have a higher disposable income and don’t want their club to go tits up and appreciate the advantage tax-free contributions make (proportionately better than a ST) then you can see the disparity.

Why don’t folks contribute more? Well with many avenues to support the club maybe we’ve reached a plateau because there is a limit to what folks can afford and a willing to pay?

But when you do look at what we’ve contributed it is pretty remarkable

STs
    kicks for kids
    HSL
    Hibs stones
    Hibs Tv
    lotto
    Merchandise
    Cardboard cut outs (compare with the Dons - seemed to have V little)
    Amongst others

We should be highlighting the good we’ve done and not beat ourselves up.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Just watched their Chairman on TV confirming that at this morning (Sunday) Marine FC have sold 15000 virtual tickets for Spurs match.

They will not win the trophy.

We have a vastly larger fan base and have a great chance of winning this trophy.

What is holding you back ?

You know it makes sense.

Little Marine fans can raise more money for their club than Hibs fans?

You couldn't make that up.
    Thought the tickets were bought by Spurs fans?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Thought the tickets were bought by Spurs fans?
    That’s nice of them though
    Money goes to the club

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    That’s nice of them though
    Money goes to the club
    Indeed, but the poster said Marine fans contributed more to their club than we did (not at all comparable)
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Just watched their Chairman on TV confirming that at this morning (Sunday) Marine FC have sold 15000 virtual tickets for Spurs match.

They will not win the trophy.

We have a vastly larger fan base and have a great chance of winning this trophy.

What is holding you back ?

You know it makes sense.

Little Marine fans can raise more money for their club than Hibs fans?

You couldn't make that up.
    Erm. no they canny mate. Marine have an average gate of about 400, the vast majority of the tickets were bought by kindly Spurs fans and sympathetic fans of other clubs, with no doubt Everton and Liverpool fans being front and centre in that.

The fact is that the fans of this club have stepped up big time and we can hold our heads up in any company UK wide. It wasn't that long ago that Hibs would have considered 9000 season tickets a result for a season where fans could get into games, never mind near enough 11000 for a season where fans had no idea if they would get to see the games or not.
    Chuck in over 2000 folk giving free money to the club every month for no tangible return and not because the club are ( or were ) in financial difficulties and I would say this club has brilliant fans who are a long way from needing lessons in supporting it from Marine or anybody else for that matter.

@hibs.net private member
    Donation made

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Erm. no they canny mate. Marine have an average gate of about 400, the vast majority of the tickets were bought by kindly Spurs fans and sympathetic fans of other clubs, with no doubt Everton and Liverpool fans being front and centre in that.

The fact is that the fans of this club have stepped up big time and we can hold our heads up in any company UK wide. It wasn't that long ago that Hibs would have considered 9000 season tickets a result for a season where fans could get into games, never mind near enough 11000 for a season where fans had no idea if they would get to see the games or not.
    Chuck in over 2000 folk giving free money to the club every month for no tangible return and not because the club are ( or were ) in financial difficulties and I would say this club has brilliant fans who are a long way from needing lessons in supporting it from Marine or anybody else for that matter.
    OK where to begin?

Your first paragraph.Sorry to say this is slightly flawed.
    Marine's stadium has a capacity of 3185. Their average gate is 400 (as stated by you).
    Safe to say Marine do not always fill their stadium. This is not unusual. Hibs don't always fill their stadium.
    Marine I would think, think they have at least 3000 fans?
    Crosby as a town has a population of approx 51000. That leaves a lot of people who indeed are blue or red but could also be lapsed Crosby fans?
    I think you are inviting the reader to believe (on assumption) the 400 figure is the figure to stick on.
    Could be that 3000 were snapped up by Crosby fans and yes 12000 by others.

Marine FC have done everything possible here to raise money through the virtual route.

At this point I should say I have not, or am I, handing out lessons in how to support my club.
    I think it is magnificent what Hibs supporters do to support their club.
    eg HSL member are donating money with nothing in return.They are doing this through love of their club.
    I doff my cap to the individuals who pack the club store and buy the merchandise. It all helps the club.
    Season ticket holders get to see the Hibs in the flesh. This season they don't so they to should be roundly applauded.

Now getting to the real point.

I think this appeal from day one was aimed at the Hibs supporters who might have went to Hampden.
    It was not specifically aimed at season tickets holders or HSL members.

Three good numbers to consider

we could take 20000 to a semi-final
    we could take 40000 to a final (if we got the tickets)
    Newspapers reported 200000 people on the streets of Edinburgh when we returned with the cup.

I might be wrong but I think the appeal was at the vast swathes of Hibbys who don't identify as a season ticket holder or HSL member etc. The ones who just have a genuine soft spot for the Hibs and who would have went to Hampden.

Hope I have cleared things up a bit and have as always, not meant to offend anyone.

PS Above of course only my thoughts and opinion.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I think the appeal is just aimed at everyone who would have went to Hampden and therefore spent £25(ish) to ask them to still spend that but give it to Hibs to make up for the loss in income we’ll suffer through no fans being allowed in the stadium.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Not everything has to be an argument.

This is a fairly straightforward initiative with an and goal that I'm sure we can all agree is worthwhile.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    It’s a important way to help our club improve its squad of football players. At a time when our club needs all the help that can be given it is a very important means of helping our club. I hope it is successful in raising as much money as possible

OK where to begin?

Your first paragraph.Sorry to say this is slightly flawed.
    Marine's stadium has a capacity of 3185. Their average gate is 400 (as stated by you).
    Safe to say Marine do not always fill their stadium. This is not unusual. Hibs don't always fill their stadium.
    Marine I would think, think they have at least 3000 fans?
    Crosby as a town has a population of approx 51000. That leaves a lot of people who indeed are blue or red but could also be lapsed Crosby fans?
    I think you are inviting the reader to believe (on assumption) the 400 figure is the figure to stick on.
    Could be that 3000 were snapped up by Crosby fans and yes 12000 by others.

Marine FC have done everything possible here to raise money through the virtual route.

At this point I should say I have not, or am I, handing out lessons in how to support my club.
    I think it is magnificent what Hibs supporters do to support their club.
    eg HSL member are donating money with nothing in return.They are doing this through love of their club.
    I doff my cap to the individuals who pack the club store and buy the merchandise. It all helps the club.
    Season ticket holders get to see the Hibs in the flesh. This season they don't so they to should be roundly applauded.

Now getting to the real point.

I think this appeal from day one was aimed at the Hibs supporters who might have went to Hampden.
    It was not specifically aimed at season tickets holders or HSL members.

Three good numbers to consider

we could take 20000 to a semi-final
    we could take 40000 to a final (if we got the tickets)
    Newspapers reported 200000 people on the streets of Edinburgh when we returned with the cup.

I might be wrong but I think the appeal was at the vast swathes of Hibbys who don't identify as a season ticket holder or HSL member etc. The ones who just have a genuine soft spot for the Hibs and who would have went to Hampden.

Hope I have cleared things up a bit and have as always, not meant to offend anyone.

PS Above of course only my thoughts and opinion.
    The 400 figure was mentioned by someone connected to Marine during the build up to the weekend's match. You don't need to tell me about Crosby mate. my brother has lived there for years, I visit often and drink in 'The Edinburgh' from time to time, which is on the same road as Marine's ground

Intended or not your comment made an unfair comparison with the efforts of Hibs fans compared to those of a semi pro lower league club taking advantage of a one off opportunity to be in the limelight, you shouldn't be surprised if folk reacted to it. It may be that HSL's initiative is aimed at all Hibs fans, but the fact is that the overwhelming response is going to come from folk who follow social media sites like this one or the many facebook pages devoted to the club, the cast majority of whom will be ST holders and or already members of HSL.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    The 400 figure was mentioned by someone connected to Marine during the build up to the weekend's match. You don't need to tell me about Crosby mate. my brother has lived there for years, I visit often and drink in 'The Edinburgh' from time to time, which is on the same road as Marine's ground

Intended or not your comment made an unfair comparison with the efforts of Hibs fans compared to those of a semi pro lower league club taking advantage of a one off opportunity to be in the limelight, you shouldn't be surprised if folk reacted to it. It may be that HSL's initiative is aimed at all Hibs fans, but the fact is that the overwhelming response is going to come from folk who follow social media sites like this one or the many facebook pages devoted to the club, the cast majority of whom will be ST holders and or already members of HSL.

Nae Nookie

Can we first of thank you for your kind donation to the cause.

In terms of the campaign our target audience is just as Danish John and Matty describe. We are trying to reach beyond Season Ticket holders and our own Members. One would have thought that we would have taken as many as 20,000 to Hampden for this game. If we deduct 11,000 season ticket holders this leaves around 9,000 supporters. We are hoping just 4000 out of that anticipated 9000 are willing to and are in a position to donate this one off donation just as their ticket to Hampden would have been a one off payment.

Clearly, if Season Ticket holders or Members are minded to join in so much the better.

Again, thank you for your donation, no matter what category you fall in.

Hibernian Supporters

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    Nae Nookie

In terms of the campaign our target audience is just as Danish John and Matty describe. We are trying to reach beyond Season Ticket holders and our own Members. One would have thought that we would have taken as many as 20,000 to Hampden for this game. If we deduct 11,000 season ticket holders this leaves around 9,000 supporters. We are hoping just 4000 out of that anticipated 9000 are willing to and are in a position to donate this one off donation just as their ticket to Hampden would have been a one off payment.

Clearly, if Season Ticket holders or Members are minded to join in so much the better.

Hibernian Supporters
    How is this going can't help but feel a bit of the momentum has been lost as it has gone very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydad View Post
    How is this going can't help but feel a bit of the momentum has been lost as it has gone very quiet
    Hoping for the first meaningful update today. Due to the bank holidays etc the first one off payments from 1st Jan should arrive in the bank today and we'll update on here and on social media once I've had an update.

Should build nicely towards semi final week as each day will bring another batch of campaign donations into the bank.

Also a reminder that anyone looking to donate by credit or debit card can do so by clicking here and selecting 'Single payments' from the tabs.

Just made a £25 donation
    Hope it guarantees a ticket for the final if we get there and crowds let back in 😉

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by darwenhibby View Post
    Just made a £25 donation
    Hope it guarantees a ticket for the final if we get there and crowds let back in 😉
    Lowalty points first please.😁

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    Hoping for the first meaningful update today. Due to the bank holidays etc the first one off payments from 1st Jan should arrive in the bank today and we'll update on here and on social media once I've had an update.

Should build nicely towards semi final week as each day will bring another batch of campaign donations into the bank.
    Hope the momentum can be kept up Daniel

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Ticket bought.

I hope I don't end up with a crap view at the back of the East Stand.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    Also a reminder that anyone looking to donate by credit or debit card can do so by clicking here and selecting 'Single payments' from the tabs.
    Thanks Daniel. Finally got a link that does not take me to a direct debit page. Donation done. Well done all

Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    Nae Nookie

Hibernian Supporters
    I am a ST holder who has bought two tickets and there will be many more like me lucky enough to be able to. So if guesstimations about 4000 are good then maybe just maybe we can exceed the target. No pressure then.

The latest total for January is £10,272.

Thanks to North East Scotland Hibs who have kindly contributed £100 to the campaign on behalf of their branch today.

We’ll keep the updates coming every few days - as previously stated there’s a bit of lag between making a payment on the website and the info filtering through so please bear with us.

Thanks as always for the ongoing support.
    Last edited by Daniel 1875; 12-01-2021 at 06:55 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    The latest total for January is £10,272.

Thanks to North East Scotland Hibs who have kindly contributed £100 to the campaign on behalf of their branch today.

We’ll keep the updates coming every few days - as previously stated there a bit of lag between making a payment on the website and the info filtering through so please bear with us.

Thanks as always for the ongoing support.
    That is good Daniel we need to keep this to the forefront of people's attention

I think it's a disappointing figure.

Not a dig at the initiative or those promoting it but it just seems like there is little to no appetite to back these sort of things from the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post

Not a dig at the initiative or those promoting it but it just seems like there is little to no appetite to back these sort of things from the fans.
    The figure only represents the first couple of days of the month. With bank holidays and weekends we are only seeing one off donations from 1st and maybe 2nd Jan in the bank account on top of regular monthly DDs.

We should see hopefully the number rise at a higher rate over the next week heading into semi final week.

The figure only represents the first couple of days of the month. With bank holidays and weekends we are only seeing one off donations from 1st and maybe 2nd Jan in the bank account on top of regular monthly DDs.

We should see hopefully the number rise at a higher rate over the next week heading into semi final week.
    Ah right, hopefully the next update will see a big jump.

Thanks Daniel.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post

It is a bit Dave but unfortunately I think it's a wee bit naive of HSL to expect so many non season ticket holders to step up. The fact is we have a hard core who probably donate to nearly everything & they're much more likely to be ST holders. Personally in addition to my ST (from London) I donate to HSL, Hibs TV, have bought a tile, a wall plaque & I'm a shareholder. I'm in a very fortunate & privileged position to be able to do this but I haven't (as yet) donated on this occasion.
    I greatly admire the work that the HSL volunteers put in but the only personal messages I've had from them in recent years are when they (wrongly) ask me why I've stopped my contributions. I feel bad about highlighting this on here but I received no reply to my last email to HSL. I'm afraid there often seems to be a gap between their concept & execution. To balance my criticism, if I as a London based & not particularly IT literate fan can help HSL in any way then I will. I'll probably start by donating to this worthy cause. 😁

@hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    Hi all,

Can i just double check, when I go onto the HSL site, I get the option of monthly payment or one off payment. For clarity, I want to donate the £25 ticket price that I would have paid anyway by going to the game but when I click one off payment, state £25, it then asks you to confirm/proceed with the “direct debit payment”....

Is this just the system speak because I wouldnt have expected a one off payment to be badged under direct debit?

Maybe just me

Once confirmed I am on right part. I will make donation this evening.

Cheers

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andy1875 View Post
    Hi all,

Can i just double check, when I go onto the HSL site, I get the option of monthly payment or one off payment. For clarity, I want to donate the £25 ticket price that I would have paid anyway by going to the game but when I click one off payment, state £25, it then asks you to confirm/proceed with the “direct debit payment”....

Is this just the system speak because I wouldnt have expected a one off payment to be badged under direct debit?

Maybe just me

Once confirmed I am on right part. I will make donation this evening.

Cheers
    yes, it will say direct debit but you don’t need to worry about it coming out every month. It won’t.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar

I need to ask in the hope you can tell me. Does the figure of £10,272 represent one off payments only or does it include the regular January DDs to date? I know it’s all going same place and we’ve covered that, but I’m curious.