hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Contact Daniel1875, he will help you out, don’t give up.

Not aiming this at you and I’ve said this before, and it grates me to say it, but Hearts fans always seem to find a reason to throw more money at their club, whereas Hibs fans seems to find a reason not to.

That's not really the case, though. People have simply pointed out that some work could be done on the process of donating (and even on keeping the information up-to-date on the website) to ease the payments they wish to make.

I create incredibly complicated web sites as part of my job but I found the process a bit confusing, so I can see why others have had concerns and probably given up (e.g. it wasn't at all obvious that the DDs/SOs were definitely going to be a one-off payment, so I can understand people giving up, just in case a mistake was made)

To give FoH some credit, their process for donations... and getting the news out there to the public... is very good and has obviously reaped dividends. If we want this to work, the first thing that needs to be done is to make it as smooth and seamless as they have.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    That's not really the case, though. People have simply pointed out that some work could be done on the process of donating (and even on keeping the information up-to-date on the website) to ease the payments they wish to make.

I create incredibly complicated web sites as part of my job but I found the process a bit confusing, so I can see why others have had concerns and probably given up (e.g. it wasn't at all obvious that the DDs/SOs were definitely going to be a one-off payment, so I can understand people giving up, just in case a mistake was made)

To give FoH some credit, their process for donations... and getting the news out there to the public... is very good and has obviously reaped dividends. If we want this to work, the first thing that needs to be done is to make it as smooth and seamless as they have.
    Keith - I think that's a fair point and comes down to the messaging from me/HSL.

We have a simple card payment system set up using Stripe here which makes no reference to Direct Debits or the likes (I can fully understand the common use of the term Direct Debit makes people assume a recurring payment).

I'm not versed on the legalities of using a Direct Debit system but I think the messaging on that page is set and needs to be there to ensure HSL are following their obligations for using GoCardless.

For this particular venture where we are asking fans who aren't regular contributors to Hibernian Supporters to consider making a payment it makes most sense to direct them to the card payment link which looks and feels much more like a standard, one-off online transaction.

I updated the opening post yesterday to include the card payment link and put the details on our social media so hopefully those having issues with the DD GoCardless system will be more comfortable using that.

As always, the feedback is much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    Keith - I think that's a fair point and comes down to the messaging from me/HSL.

We have a simple card payment system set up using Stripe here which makes no reference to Direct Debits or the likes (I can fully understand the common use of the term Direct Debit makes people assume a recurring payment).

I'm not versed on the legalities of using a Direct Debit system but I think the messaging on that page is set and needs to be there to ensure HSL are following their obligations for using GoCardless.

For this particular venture where we are asking fans who aren't regular contributors to Hibernian Supporters to consider making a payment it makes most sense to direct them to the card payment link which looks and feels much more like a standard, one-off online transaction.

I updated the opening post yesterday to include the card payment link and put the details on our social media so hopefully those having issues with the DD GoCardless system will be more comfortable using that.

As always, the feedback is much appreciated.

Cheers Daniel.

I write this as a big fan of what you guys are doing.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I tried to make a one off donation last night but failed miserably to negotiate my way thru the process and finally gave up.

Could I make a donation via direct banking? I'd feel much more comfortable if I could do it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    I tried to make a one off donation last night but failed miserably to negotiate my way thru the process and finally gave up.

Could I make a donation via direct banking? I'd feel much more comfortable if I could do it this way.
    I've sent you a PM

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Is there a reason you can’t use PayPal alongside the current format? I can’t say I’ve had any problems with the go cardless system, but PayPal would be so much simpler.

United we stand here....

I've sent you a PM
    Hi Daniel I too thought I’d made a one off payment only to receive a message from Go cardless informing me I’d set up a DD for £30 per month or I thought that was the case ? I am already a subscriber-£10 a month so I decided to make another one off payment cancel my original £10 per month DD and continue with the £30 DD per month . Are you saying that message from Gocardless was for one off payment ? Are you able to check this for me as to my knowledge no money has come out my account as of yet ?

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I've sent you a PM
    Thanks Daniel.

I've replied and we can take it from there.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    We are running a campaign to raise £100,000 in January. If that includes a few people who have taken a notion to make a one off payment completely independently and without knowing about the Hampden £100k drive it doesn’t really matter - all the money is still going to Hibs?

If you, or anyone else, makes a one off payment of £25 it’ll all be going to the same pot and will be helping raise the targeted amount of £100,000 in January.
    I appreciate it all goes into the one pot and goes to Hibs of course I do.. We’re well on then with the regular monthly intake then and this isn’t really a stand alone campaign, just a drive or push to increase this months contribution?

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Is there a reason you can’t use PayPal alongside the current format? I can’t say I’ve had any problems with the go cardless system, but PayPal would be so much simpler.
    HS used to have GoCardless and Paypal but swapped PayPal to Stripe a few years ago.

I believe the short answer is that Stripe takes less of a fee for payments than PayPal did and integrates more easily into the website. The GoCardless direct debit mandate is the ‘best deal’ for HS in terms of the fees it charges.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    What difference would it make? The campaign is to raise £100k, who/where that comes from or the reason for donating doesn’t matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Bizarre.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by king stanton View Post
    Hi Daniel I too thought I’d made a one off payment only to receive a message from Go cardless informing me I’d set up a DD for £30 per month or I thought that was the case ? I am already a subscriber-£10 a month so I decided to make another one off payment cancel my original £10 per month DD and continue with the £30 DD per month . Are you saying that message from Gocardless was for one off payment ? Are you able to check this for me as to my knowledge no money has come out my account as of yet ?
    The email you should receive from GoCardless should be titled ‘New Direct Debit Payment to Hibernian Supporters Limited’ with the following message:

“Dear (Name),

Hibernian Supporters Limited is charging you £X for One of donation by the fan.
    To confirm, the amount above is "X Pounds".

It will take around 4 working days from the point of selecting the donation online for the contribution to come out of your bank.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    HS used to have GoCardless and Paypal but swapped PayPal to Stripe a few years ago.

I believe the short answer is that Stripe takes less of a fee for payments than PayPal did and integrates more easily into the website. The GoCardless direct debit mandate is the ‘best deal’ for HS in terms of the fees it charges.
    Thanks, I thought it must be something like that.

United we stand here....

Donated.

Clicked the one off payment option on my HSL account and that was it, it seemed easy .... too easy I now have a 'pending submission' note on my HSL payment history list. I presume that's the process finished and I don't have to do anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Donated.

Clicked the one off payment option on my HSL account and that was it, it seemed easy .... too easy I now have a 'pending submission' note on my HSL payment history list. I presume that's the process finished and I don't have to do anything else?
    Yes that’s all you need to do. Thanks for your support!

Yes that’s all you need to do. Thanks for your support!
    Cheers

For me this isn't about new players and stuff, just ensuring that Hibs stick around so that future generations get to suffer like we have, why the hell should they get away with it?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    The email you should receive from GoCardless should be titled ‘New Direct Debit Payment to Hibernian Supporters Limited’ with the following message:

“Dear (Name),

Hibernian Supporters Limited is charging you £X for One of donation by the fan.
    To confirm, the amount above is "X Pounds".

It will take around 4 working days from the point of selecting the donation online for the contribution to come out of your bank.
    That is exactly what happened shortly after I logged into the account and selected the one off donation amount option and selected the amount.

Worked fine.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Thanks.
    You’re welcome.

I have regular amount coming out each month.

One off payments should be debit card types so shows off your balance straight away. I don't see the need to have a DD type payment come out several days later.
    Cougars!!!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Hopefully folk persevere with the payment system and manager to do it, can’t stress enough how much of an opportunity we have to make a tangible difference to our chances of winning a cup this season.

This is a chance for us to show the club how ambitious we are.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Hopefully folk persevere with the payment system and manager to do it, can’t stress enough how much of an opportunity we have to make a tangible difference to our chances of winning a cup this season.

Completely agree Matty

However there is a counter point that this is a chance for the club to show how ambitious they are.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Completely agree Matty

However there is a counter point that this is a chance for the club to show how ambitious they are.
    Definitely.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

Agreed! A successful campaign could genuinely mean an extra signing this window.

I donate monthly but added my £25 as a one off. As others have said super easy and like how the site shows my total contributions so far. Great appeal!!

First Team Breakthrough

Marine FC

Just watched their Chairman on TV confirming that at this morning (Sunday) Marine FC have sold 15000 virtual tickets for Spurs match.

They will not win the trophy.

We have a vastly larger fan base and have a great chance of winning this trophy.

What is holding you back ?

You know it makes sense.

Little Marine fans can raise more money for their club than Hibs fans?

You couldn't make that up.

Quote Originally Posted by DanishJohn View Post
    Just watched their Chairman on TV confirming that at this morning (Sunday) Marine FC have sold 15000 virtual tickets for Spurs match.

We have a vastly larger fan base and have a great chance of winning this trophy.

You know it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by DanishJohn View Post

You know it makes sense.

How many of those 15000 Marine fans bought STs at circa £400 a pop knowing they most likely wouldn't see a game this season?

About 10000 Hibs fans did. I'm all for encouraging people to get behind this campaign, I have myself, but belittling the contribution Hibs fans have made doesn't seem the best way to go about it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    How many of those 15000 Marine fans bought STs at circa £400 a pop knowing they most likely wouldn't see a game this season?

About 10000 Hibs fans did. I'm all for encouraging people to get behind this campaign, I have myself, but belittling the contribution Hibs fans have made doesn't seem the best way to go about it.
    I think we have over 11k season tickets.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

I did not attend to belittle anyone. I intended to encourage people.
    It's probably the winning mentality in me where I don't want Hibs to be second to anyone.

As for not being the best way to go about it, is of course only your opinion.

@hibs.net private member
    Have just paid. The references to setting up a DD through out, even when making a one off donation, is confusing / off-putting. This stopped me from making a number of donations in the past.