hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    How are we doing against target fundings

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough

Marine FC

See that Marine are selling virtual tickets for game against Spurs. Their ground holds approx 3000 fans.
    The money raised will help their club across the board.

Come on Hibbys, think we could do with our support !

Lets all contribute the £25 and raise the £100,000 through HSL

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FifeHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How are we doing against target fundings
    It would be good to know, although potentially a bit embarrassing. Either way, there must be some way of getting a rolling total up. It might incentivise more fans to join in.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    It would be good to know, although potentially a bit embarrassing. Either way, there must be some way of getting a rolling total up. It might incentivise more fans to join in.
    We’re waiting for today’s GoCardless and Stripe figures to go into the bank. Worth nothing it takes 4/5 days for cash contributed on the website to actually land in the bank so today’s number is likely to only take into account payments made up to Monday 4th January.

Folks I should say if anyone is having any issues making their donations please let me know via PM and I'll do my best to help out.

A reminder of ways to pay below:

Already signed up?
    Click here to log in and scroll to the 'Make a one-off payment' drop down menu to select the amount you'd like to donate

Not signed up?
    Click here and scroll to the 'Single payments' tab to make a one-off donation via GoCardless instruction to your bank.

Want to pay by debit/credit card?
    Click here to make a one off donation by credit or debit card via Stripe.

Donation made

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    Donation made
    Donation made

The current donation total for January sits at £5131.

Having spoken with Jim the one-off donations can take 5 working days to clear, therefore this figure is largely made up of regular DD payments.

Hopefully next week we’ll have a better idea of the running total with some of the one-off payments starting to filter through.

The updates here and the sharing on social media are all helping us massively - we’ve got a great chance to make a significant difference this month.

I thought had made a donation. Checked my bank transactions and not the case.

I went on the site. Clicked single donation, clicked the size of the sum and filled out my name etc. It keeps taking me to a direct debit link?

@hibs.net private member
    It’s still very clunky Daniel. Why can’t a simple PayPal or GoFundMe page be set up?

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    I thought had made a donation. Checked my bank transactions and not the case.

I went on the site. Clicked single donation, clicked the size of the sum and filled out my name etc. It keeps taking me to a direct debit link?
    You should have received an email to confirm you've made a donation. It can take 3/4 working days to come out of your bank so it won't show up as a transaction or even a pending payment straight away. The email should contain the date which it expects to take payment from your bank so I'd advise waiting until that date to make sure it comes out as expected otherwise you may inadvertently make more than one donation.

The direct debit is simply an instruction to GoCardless to take the donation from your bank - it doesn't mean it'll be a recurring payment if you've clicked the single payment link.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    You should have received an email to confirm you've made a donation. It can take 3/4 working days to come out of your bank so it won't show up as a transaction or even a pending payment straight away. The email should contain the date which it expects to take payment from your bank so I'd advise waiting until that date to make sure it comes out as expected otherwise you may inadvertently make more than one donation.

The direct debit is simply an instruction to GoCardless to take the donation from your bank - it doesn't mean it'll be a recurring payment if you've clicked the single payment link.
    Cheers Daniel.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Rhoades View Post
    It’s still very clunky Daniel. Why can’t a simple PayPal or GoFundMe page be set up?
    GoCardless and Stripe are similar providers to PayPal. It's the system Hibernian Supporters have used for a number of years and it takes in excess of £20,000 from fans relatively smoothly every month.

It should be possible to follow the links and make a new one-off donation within a few clicks for members and non-members alike. We're happy to help with any glitches or issues - which thankfully so far have only been a handful.

All things considered don't think there's any need to abandon the system already in use and start using a new one?

Quote Originally Posted by DanishJohn View Post
    See that Marine are selling virtual tickets for game against Spurs. Their ground holds approx 3000 fans.
    The money raised will help their club across the board.

Come on Hibbys, think we could do with our support !

Lets all contribute the £25 and raise the £100,000 through HSL
    Danish John

Thank you for your comment. It really is as simple and straight forward as this. We are hoping our supporters take the same view.

Hibernian Supporters

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    The current donation total for January sits at £5131.

Having spoken with Jim the one-off donations can take 5 working days to clear, therefore this figure is largely made up of regular DD payments.

Hopefully next week we’ll have a better idea of the running total with some of the one-off payments starting to filter through.

The updates here and the sharing on social media are all helping us massively - we’ve got a great chance to make a significant difference this month.
    Please note that we do not expect to bank the first payment from this Campaign until 12th January. This is a slightly longer delay than normal as a result of the New Year holidays. There is always a delay from the point of a supporter initiating the payment. The supporter needs to be notified of the set up, notified of the bank deduction, a delay in settlement with Go Cardless and finally a few days before the funds are passed to us. All of this is normal and experienced by the thousands of Organisations that use Go Cardless.

We will see the figures increase from next week.

Hibernian Supporters

Chuck

We can confirm that our payment systems are all working smoothly. Can we remind everyone that a Direct Debit does not mean multiple payments. We know that most folks get the impression that a Direct Debit means payments every month, it doesn't. It simply means that the supporter has given authority to have a payment taken from their bank. Provided you have clicked the "single donation" button that is exactly what will happen. A single one off payment made by "direct debit".

Hibernian Supporters

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    Chuck

We can confirm that our payment systems are all working smoothly. Can we remind everyone that a Direct Debit does not mean multiple payments. We know that most folks get the impression that a Direct Debit means payments every month, it doesn't. It simply means that the supporter has given authority to have a payment taken from their bank. Provided you have clicked the "single donation" button that is exactly what will happen. A single one off payment made by "direct debit".

Hibernian Supporters
    Official HSL
    How are you differentiating all the other random one off payments that HSL receive from those intended for this current campaign?
    I know plenty of people (from experience as you’ll know) that just contribute SINGLE DONATIONS when the emotion takes them.
    If it’s to be a concerted campaign to raise the money quoted why isn’t it identified so? I could throw an extra £25 at it now and you’d have no idea what it was for.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Official HSL
    How are you differentiating all the other random one off payments that HSL receive from those intended for this current campaign?
    I know plenty of people (from experience as you’ll know) that just contribute SINGLE DONATIONS when the emotion takes them.
    If it’s to be a concerted campaign to raise the money quoted why isn’t it identified so? I could throw an extra £25 at it now and you’d have no idea what it was for.
    What difference would it make? The campaign is to raise £100k, who/where that comes from or the reason for donating doesn’t matter.

Official HSL
    Bizarre.

Official HSL
    We are running a campaign to raise £100,000 in January. If that includes a few people who have taken a notion to make a one off payment completely independently and without knowing about the Hampden £100k drive it doesn’t really matter - all the money is still going to Hibs?

If you, or anyone else, makes a one off payment of £25 it’ll all be going to the same pot and will be helping raise the targeted amount of £100,000 in January.
    Last edited by Daniel 1875; 08-01-2021 at 10:49 PM.

Chuck

Hibernian Supporters
    Clarified.

That should be made clear on the website though. Anything that deters folk is a hinderance .

Great work though. Our donations make a difference, so get yer wallets open fellow Hibernians.

@hibs.net private member
    Chuck

Hibernian Supporters
    Appreciate the response, although feel it’s slightly defensive. Working in financial services I understand all of that; however my fear is a lot of others won’t and I know a few friends who have abandoned their journey as it can be confusing (I am trying to guide them through). There is no reason why a DDM needs to be set up for a one-off donation in this day and age - even though the way it’s set up will ensure multiple payments aren’t collected. There’s better, more user friendly, technology out there that can be used - free of charge. Also platforms where payment by card means instant clearance at both ends - PayPal being one example.

It’s not a criticism but I know how you value feedback. Short of it is, regardless of how easy you make think things are, some supporters are finding it a challenge and potential donations are being lost as a result.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Appreciate the response, although feel it’s slightly defensive. Working in financial services I understand all of that; however my fear is a lot of others won’t and I know a few friends who have abandoned their journey as it can be confusing (I am trying to guide them through). There is no reason why a DDM needs to be set up for a one-off donation in this day and age - even though the way it’s set up will ensure multiple payments aren’t collected. There’s better, more user friendly, technology out there that can be used - free of charge. Also platforms where payment by card means instant clearance at both ends - PayPal being one example.

It’s not a criticism but I know how you value feedback. Short of it is, regardless of how easy you make think things are, some supporters are finding it a challenge and potential donations are being lost as a result.
    Fair comments.

Think the fact that almost every time there's a thread about HSL there's always folk asking questions about how to donate etc proves its causing issues and isn't as straight forward as it potentially could be.

Obviously really appreciate the time and effort you guys put in to the running and maintainence of the site! But if there's ways to make it easier then I do think there will be more payments made.

It’s possible to make a payment by card by clicking here: https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate-abroad/ and using Stripe.

I made 2 donations the other day. One from myself and one on behalf of the site and have to say I found it very clunky.

There were repeated issues trying to make a one off payment of £500 using the custom amount option so in the end I made 5 x £100 payments from the specified amount section (which appeared to be the max option?) through my own account instead.

I don't wish to be unduly negative on a thread that is trying to raise money for the club but I'll be totally honest and say that after the 3rd or 4th attempt, had it been my own donation and not one on behalf of the site I would have walked away. I accept a lot of people seem to have no problems making payments but there are regular queries and issues raised both on here and Twitter. It's maybe something to look at moving forward to streamline the process and ensure not even one potential donator is missed.

Anyways back on track. A decent amount raised so far and look forward to seeing regular updates as the amount grows.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I made 2 donations the other day. One from myself and one on behalf of the site and have to say I found it very clunky.

There were repeated issues trying to make a one off payment of £500 using the custom amount option so in the end I made 5 x £100 payments from the specified amount section (which appeared to be the max option?) through my own account instead.

I don't wish to be unduly negative on a thread that is trying to raise money for the club but I'll be totally honest and say that after the 3rd or 4th attempt, had it been my own donation and not one on behalf of the site I would have walked away. I accept a lot of people seem to have no problems making payments but there are regular queries and issues raised both on here and Twitter. It's maybe something to look at moving forward to streamline the process and ensure not even one potential donator is missed.

Anyways back on track. A decent amount raised so far and look forward to seeing regular updates as the amount grows.
    I’ve sent you a PM - will pass on the issues to the guys who manage the website.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I have had my issues with HS account and Daniel managed to sort them out eventually after much effort. But I found making a one off payment very straight forward and I'm surprised at the amount of people who have had issues with it

@hibs.net private member

Exactly the reason why I've given up trying to donate a number of times.

Quote Originally Posted by EdinCapitals View Post
    Contact Daniel1875, he will help you out, don’t give up.

Not aiming this at you and I’ve said this before, and it grates me to say it, but Hearts fans always seem to find a reason to throw more money at their club, whereas Hibs fans seems to find a reason not to.

Quote Originally Posted by EdinCapitals View Post
    I’ve sent you a PM back - let me know if I can help.