hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We've kept it to one entry per contribution over £25 regardless of total amount so we can stay in line with the 'donate what you'd have spent' idea.

Conscious of appearing to turn it into a raffle at £25 a ticket when any donation, large or small, will be hugely appreciated. I know there have been HS initiatives in the past that have given extra entries for multiples of £X but this time we want to offer everyone who donated any amount over £25 the chance to win the shirt.

I donated a sum of money on 22/12/20. It was before this appeal was launched but the reason was because it was a saving of money by not attending the semi-final.

I won't be in the raffle though 😢

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    You are right in general but throwing money at the problem doesn't necessarily guarantee success. Hearts were a good example of how to use a lot of money badly and we are guilty ourselves of having greater resources than some clubs and perhaps not getting value for our investment.

I think the club are using the money well just now though and players like Magennis and Nisbet are sound long term investments. If the club are using the money well then it makes sense to try and give them more.
    Fair comment, I'd agree that money doesn't necessarily guarantee success (hearts, Dundee etc).

I think we're seeing a shift back to players being investments as opposed to knee-jerk quick fixes, which I'm all for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    At the start of the season I had been buying Happy Hibee and other raffles when they came up but haven't put a penny in for a while now.
    This was a good prompt - donation made and i will be back buying the Happy Hibee and such like again.

I cant see 4000 odd punters paying in but lets hope I am wrong.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    I think it is a good way to help our club at a time when the club needs money to improve the team.

First Team Breakthrough
    Ticket bought!

Testimonial Due
    £25 paid. First time I've donated towards HSL.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyh View Post
    At the start of the season I had been buying Happy Hibee and other raffles when they came up but haven't put a penny in for a while now.
    This was a good prompt - donation made and i will be back buying the Happy Hibee and such like again.

I cant see 4000 odd punters paying in but lets hope I am wrong.
    £25 is the minimum to reach the 100K goal... those with the means may want to donate more.... 400 is the number if everyone only donates the ticket price.

I think this is a great initiative regardless if we reach the target or not, any some over and above the average 20K HSL has been donating to the club is fantastic.

We wouldn't see players at Hibs like Nisbet this year if it weren't for causes like HSL among others.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    £25 is the minimum to reach the 100K goal... those with the means may want to donate more.... 400 is the number if everyone only donates the ticket price.

I live within walking distance of Hampden, so my donation equivalent to the cost of travel was pretty small.

Plus I'm cutting down on my alcohol intake, so that saved me a few quid.

@hibs.net private member wandering_hibee's Avatar

I think this is a great initiative regardless if we reach the target or not, any some over and above the average 20K HSL has been donating to the club is fantastic.

We wouldn't see players at Hibs like Nisbet this year if it weren't for causes like HSL among others.
    I think that you mean 4,000

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by wandering_hibee View Post
    I think that you mean 4,000
    yes, i meant 4000.... :)

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Apologies if this has already been answered, but is there any update on how the fund is coming along?

As fund gets closer to the target, some fans might be encouraged to help get it over the line .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    yes, i meant 4000.... :)
    Which is about 25% of what we might take through to Hampden.

It's definitely doable but probably needs a few things to happen:

- folk to know about the initiative and why it's happening

- people who can afford to pay more than £25 doing so (I loved the message above from the person who covered the cost of someone else who might not be in a position to afford to donate their ticket money)

- people encouraging others to do it

These initiatives always work best through word of mouth and a gathering of momentum - if you've donated, post on here, tweet about it, stick it on Facebook, people will join in.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Which is about 25% of what we might take through to Hampden.

It's definitely doable but probably needs a few things to happen:

- folk to know about the initiative and why it's happening

- people who can afford to pay more than £25 doing so (I loved the message above from the person who covered the cost of someone else who might not be in a position to afford to donate their ticket money)

- people encouraging others to do it

These initiatives always work best through word of mouth and a gathering of momentum - if you've donated, post on here, tweet about it, stick it on Facebook, people will join in.
    Nothing works better than the feel good factor which, unfortunately, we've lost a bit over the past couple of weeks. A decent signing or two and a couple of good results will make a huge difference IMO.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Nothing works better than the feel good factor which, unfortunately, we've lost a bit over the past couple of weeks. A decent signing or two and a couple of good results will make a huge difference IMO.
    Yeah, that's also true.

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    Apologies if this has already been answered, but is there any update on how the fund is coming along?

As fund gets closer to the target, some fans might be encouraged to help get it over the line .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Not yet but hope to have an update in the next couple of days.

The way the payments system works it takes a few days for the payment to be generated and come across from the user’s bank. For instance I donated on the website on Monday but the payment won’t be added to the ‘kitty’ until Thursday.

Totally agree the more we can update the numbers the more likely we’ll see others join in.

Hibernian Supporters are encouraging fans to consider donating the cost of their day out at Hampden for the League Cup semi final against St Johnstone to the club via a one off donation to Hibernian Supporters.

The campaign is bold and aims to raise £100,000 for the football budget throughout the month of January, for context this is around five times the amount contributed on a monthly basis.

Supporters who already contribute to Hibernian Supporters can make a one off donation by simply logging in to their account here and scrolling down to the 'Make a One-Off Donation' drop down.

Fans who do not already contribute can make a one-off payment by clicking here and scrolling down to the 'Let's Give to Hibs' section and then clicking the 'Single payments' tab.

Everyone who donates £25 or more throughout the month will be added to the prize draw to win a signed shirt.

The information is on social media (Twitter and Facebook) and every like, share, retweet and link in group chats will go a long way to help us achieve the ambitious goal.

We'll aim to share periodic updates on this thread as the month goes on.

Let's make sure the club benefit from reaching another cup semi final - hopefully we'll have a final to look forward to and a significant sum of money added to the manager's budget by the end of January.

Brilliant idea - that's me donated!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I’m delighted to say that hibs.net are backing this campaign. We’d usually put on buses for a Hampden semi final, so we’ve stuck £500 towards the total today.

It’s in everyone’s interests for this to be a success, we’re pleased to play our part.

Mon the buses 💚

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    I’m delighted to say that hibs.net are backing this campaign. We’d usually put on buses for a Hampden semi final, so we’ve stuck £500 towards the total today.

It’s in everyone’s interests for this to be a success, we’re pleased to play our part.
    Well done that is excellent.

Great stuff Matty!

Matty

Please extend our thanks from everyone at Hibernian Supporters. The Net is a great Forum for a wide range of opinions, but we all have one thing in common, we want the best for our football team. We all know that money does not guarantee success, but it can help.

We've had a promising start to this initiative, but we need to try and get this message to many more Hibs supporters. Can we repeat the message that you don't have to join HSL to make a donation, just click the button "donation only". We all want to see glorious European games again so let's try and hit this target for January.

Once again, many thanks to all .Netters.

Hibernian Supporters

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar

That is absolutely fantastic.

Brilliant stuff matty

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Wow - what a Fantastic donation. Respect to all involved in that gesture.

Vive le Hibs.net 💚

Well done DotNet.

No Country for Old Men? I beg to differ

A new campaign video is now on social media here for sharing and sending to friends and family!

A new campaign video is now on social media here for sharing and sending to friends and family!
    Geezo, whoever made that must be incredibly good looking!

In all seriousness, put a good few hours into this one, so if anyone feels like giving it a watch and sharing it around, I'd really appreciate - as would the HSL team. 🙏

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    Geezo, whoever made that must be incredibly good looking!

In all seriousness, put a good few hours into this one, so if anyone feels like giving it a watch and sharing it around, I'd really appreciate - as would the HSL team. 🙏
    Absolutely superb, it made me swell up watching it, full of emotion for the club & as a result, I'm in.

On another matter, your old man must be something special to pass down those skills!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Great stuff.

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    All done!