hibs.net Messageboard

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Based on the second half debacle I feel like asking fir a refund of my forty quid
    But it’s now Uo to Ross to ensure we don’t start slipping down the league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The only danger to us finishing 3rd/4th is Livi, the rest will be hoping for 6th. It will take a real collapse for us not to finish outside the top 5. We really should have been challenging for 2nd with a better manager though.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernianrus View Post
    The only danger to us finishing 3rd/4th is Livi, the rest will be hoping for 6th. It will take a real collapse for us not to finish outside the top 5. We really should have been challenging for 2nd with a better manager though.
    We’ll finish fourth. Agree with your last sentence, decent manager has us challenging for second. That’s not me saying we should be finishing second, but that opportunity won’t be there next year. This is a season of opportunities missed.

Millionaire owner should cover the costs surely now hes not stopped shares being given out.

If you want to own something you can pay to run it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenSQH View Post
    Millionaire owner should cover the costs surely now hes not stopped shares being given out.

Not overly sure of what point you are making. Ron is covering the costs. The fans are attempting to give the club extra money to Chuck at additional players we may not necessarily need, but would be welcome additions to kick us on.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenSQH View Post

FFS. Is this for real?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Not overly sure of what point you are making. Ron is covering the costs. The fans are attempting to give the club extra money to Chuck at additional players we may not necessarily need, but would be welcome additions to kick us on.
    We might get lucky & waste more money on an unfit midfielder

Stuff like this, and any fundraising/marketing when trying to raise cash for Hibs, is always at the mercy of the team doing their bit on the pitch. It was looking like we might have hit the incredibly ambitious target of £100k with a decent result last night and a bit of wind in our sails.

As can happen in football sometimes we’re now dealing with people asking HS to hold on to the money until a different manager can spend it, asking for a refund, asking the owner to put his hand in his pocket etc etc.

Hibernian Supporters is there to back to club financially through an incredibly difficult period just now and it will continue to do so win, lose or draw. We’re all disappointed with the result last night but regardless of that the Hampden drive is going to raise a significant sum of money for the club - the club we all support and will continue to support regardless of who’s in charge or who is the principle shareholder.

The frustration is understandable and I anticipate a few hostile replies to the first post that goes out from the HS social media accounts next time we have an update on the sums raised this month but if we stopped trying to help every time Hibs turned in a disappointing result we wouldn’t get very far, would we?

A thanks again to everyone who has backed the drive so far, I’m sure there will be some contributions coming in between now and the end of the month as the dust settles - fingers crossed we can deliver a decent sum of cash to help the club make the most of the rest of this season and beyond.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    Stuff like this, and any fundraising/marketing when trying to raise cash for Hibs, is always at the mercy of the team doing their bit on the pitch. It was looking like we might have hit the incredibly ambitious target of £100k with a decent result last night and a bit of wind in our sails.

As can happen in football sometimes we’re now dealing with people asking HS to hold on to the money until a different manager can spend it, asking for a refund, asking the owner to put his hand in his pocket etc etc.

Hibernian Supporters is there to back to club financially through an incredibly difficult period just now and it will continue to do so win, lose or draw. We’re all disappointed with the result last night but regardless of that the Hampden drive is going to raise a significant sum of money for the club - the club we all support and will continue to support regardless of who’s in charge or who is the principle shareholder.

The frustration is understandable and I anticipate a few hostile replies to the first post that goes out from the HS social media accounts next time we have an update on the sums raised this month but if we stopped trying to help every time Hibs turned in a disappointing result we wouldn’t get very far, would we?

A thanks again to everyone who has backed the drive so far, I’m sure there will be some contributions coming in between now and the end of the month as the dust settles - fingers crossed we can deliver a decent sum of cash to help the club make the most of the rest of this season and beyond.
    Points well made, I agree every word. It's Hibs we are talking about here, if it was disappointments like yesterday that were going to drive us away I'd have given up Hibs in the 70's

Crap results will come and go for sure, Hibs always need to be around. Thanks for all you've taken the trouble to do to ensure this happens.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post

Well done to you and the others for the work yous do one and I will keep donating

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by May21/05/16 View Post
    Well done to you and the others for the work yous do one and I will keep donating

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
    Same goes for me

Tell the folk who ask for a refund to ram it.

Was thinking about stopping my DD when There were no more shares to purchase but never got to it.Kind of glad I haven’t

@hibs.net private member
    Wow, some seriously pathetic ‘fans’ on here today.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Had to hold off till today because of my payday but one off donation made. Like everyone, disappointed in the outcome but a worthwhile initiative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Those talking of cancelling DDs or asking for refunds have it completely backwards.... this initiative is to help the club.

Do you think stopping donations or asking for refunds will do that?

If anything don’t you think increasing awareness of the campaign is the way to rectify things that are bothering you...? Some want new CBs some a new striker... do you think these come free? During a pandemic?

Pull ur heads out and lift your fingers from the keyboard and save the rest of us the trouble of having to read these negative rantings.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Those talking of cancelling DDs or asking for refunds have it completely backwards.... this initiative is to help the club.

Do you think stopping donations or asking for refunds will do that?

If anything don’t you think increasing awareness of the campaign is the way to rectify things that are bothering you...? Some want new CBs some a new striker... do you think these come free? During a pandemic?

Pull ur heads out and lift your fingers from the keyboard and save the rest of us the trouble of having to read these negative rantings.
    Ridiculous comments about fellow fans. If I consider cancelling my DD, I’ll do that on my own accord, thanks. If anything comments like this encourage me to do so.

During pandemic there is certain times I couldn’t give a damn about Hibs as quite frankly there are more important things in life. So if I stop my donations I will have 0 guilt.

Maybe club could sign a CB or strikers instead of signings centre mids constantly?

Irony in this is your post is a negative rant.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    HSL has and continues to give our club money that makes possible the signing of better players and a better chance of winning silverware.
    Yesterday was another great chance to win silverware. It was another major failure to win silverware but there will be other opportunities to win silverware in the future.
    Quitters never win and winners never quit🤞

@hibs.net private member
    In the context of a global pandemic anyone is entitled to do what they need to do to make ends meet... if I missed this point in the posts I have read then I apologise.

In the context of cancelling donations cos we lost a semi final then well I think those ‘fans’ need to take a long look at themselves.

Also don’t think my post was a needless negative rant like most I’m responding to... and can only be viewed as negative by those I’m describing too.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    In the context of a global pandemic anyone is entitled to do what they need to do to make ends meet... if I missed this point in the posts I have read then I apologise.

In the context of cancelling donations cos we lost a semi final then well I think those ‘fans’ need to take a long look at themselves.

Also don’t think my post was a needless negative rant like most I’m responding to... and can only be viewed as negative by those I’m describing too.
    Haha nice condescending post. Let me get this straight, those deciding to not sacrifice money for Hibs are fine as everyone is entitled to do that but anybody considering stopping their donations because we got humiliated by St Johnstone are just ‘fans’.

Don’t think you understand sacrifice and what bad things do to decision making. Probably can’t see it from your pedestal anyway.

If stopping my donations suddenly makes me a ‘fan’ then you can call me a ‘fan’ pretty soon as I’ve had enough of this condescending attitude while I sacrifice hard-earned cash to Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Haha nice condescending post. Let me get this straight, those deciding to not sacrifice money for Hibs are fine as everyone is entitled to do that but anybody considering stopping their donations because we got humiliated by St Johnstone are just ‘fans’.

Don’t think you understand sacrifice and what bad things do to decision making. Probably can’t see it from your pedestal anyway.

If stopping my donations suddenly makes me a ‘fan’ then you can call me a ‘fan’ pretty soon as I’ve had enough of this condescending attitude while I sacrifice hard-earned cash to Hibs.
    Do as you need to... if it’s based on a poor result I’m entitled to feel disappointed in you and any others who decide to cancel HSL contributions down to a few poor results.

If you are cancelling as you have other needs that the money will go better towards then as I have already said do so as well. Supporting the club through HSL is not a right, it’s a privilege... no one is asking to put the cause before more important things.

I don’t sacrifice any of my hard earned cash on HSL... I donate an amount that I deem affordable, if I couldn’t afford to then I wouldn’t donate... poor results won’t change my opinion on whether it’s ‘worth it’.
    Last edited by BlackSheep; 24-01-2021 at 06:05 PM.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Do as you need to... if it’s based on a poor result I’m entitled to feel disappointed in you and any others who decide to cancel HSL contributions down to a few poor results.

If you are cancelling as you have other needs that the money will go better towards then as I have already said do so as well. Supporting the club through HSL is not a right, it’s a privilege... no one is asking to put the cause before more important things.

I don’t sacrifice any of my hard earned cash on HSL... I donate an amount that I deem affordable, if I couldn’t afford to then I wouldn’t donate... poor results won’t change my opinion on whether it’s ‘worth it’.
    You aren’t entitled to feel disappointed in me whatsoever. Your posts definitely show you feel entitled but ultimately I do what I want with my money when I want.

I’m just a ‘fan’ so I’ll stop my DD this week. Wasn’t going to but I won’t be treated like a lesser fan because I’m deemed to be negative. I’ll leave making donations to the honourable that are able to step up and become true fans. Done with this rubbish, always fans fault.

@hibs.net private member
    You aren’t entitled to feel disappointed in me whatsoever. Your posts definitely show you feel entitled but ultimately I do what I want with my money when I want.

I’m just a ‘fan’ so I’ll stop my DD this week. Wasn’t going to but I won’t be treated like a lesser fan because I’m deemed to be negative. I’ll leave making donations to the honourable that are able to step up and become true fans. Done with this rubbish, always fans fault.
    You’ve lost it mate... huge chip on your shoulder!

And yes, I am entitled to feel however I feel about whatever I want to pass judgement on, it’s bloody human nature to have an emotional reaction to something, to anything and in this instance I’m feeling disappointed in someone cancelling their support for the club down to one specific result.

You’ve made this completely about yourself, and I’ve obviously hit a nerve with my ‘fans’ comment.... so be it, but that’s my opinion and guess what, I’m entitled to form my own opinion as well.... regardless of what anyone says or thinks, that’s my choice and I’ll stand by it.

Not once have you come out and said you have other financial needs that are now worth it more than donating to hibs...you’ve simply said, and I’m paraphrasing, ‘we played rubbish last night so I’m cancelling my donations’... your priorities are your own and not once have i suggested you shouldn’t stop your DD, only that in my opinion doing so on the back of a poor result seems not really in the spirit of the whole thinking behind HSL.
    Last edited by BlackSheep; 24-01-2021 at 06:21 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Also it’s not the ability to donate towards HSL and hibs that makes anyone more of a fan than any other, but pulling your financial support simply cos of one result is definitely a reason to call you a ‘fan’.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    You’ve lost it mate... huge chip on your shoulder!

And yes, I am entitled to feel however I feel about whatever I want to pass judgement on, it’s bloody human nature to have an emotional reaction to something, to anything and in this instance I’m feeling disappointed in someone cancelling their support for the club down to one specific result.

You’ve made this completely about yourself, and I’ve obviously hit a nerve with my ‘fans’ comment.... so be it, but that’s my opinion and guess what, I’m entitled to form my own opinion as well.... regardless of what anyone says or thinks, that’s my choice and I’ll stand by it.
    I’m not cancelling my DD because of one specific result. Cancelling because of poor appreciation of fan sacrifice by certain quarters, shining through in posts like yours.

You stand by your ‘fan’ nonsense all you want. This measurement of a fan that seems to get done by those holier-than-thou is tiresome. Driven me away from contributing anymore. You made it about me by calling out who you perceive to be ‘fans’.

My life is more important than Hibs.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Also it’s not the ability to donate towards HSL and hibs that makes anyone more of a fan than any other, but pulling your financial support simply cos of one result is definitely a reason to call you a ‘fan’.
    Must have had a lot of ‘fans’ when we were relegated and our ST numbers plummeted then.

@hibs.net private member
    I’m not cancelling my DD because of one specific result. Cancelling because of poor appreciation of fan sacrifice by certain quarters, shining through in posts like yours.

You stand by your ‘fan’ nonsense all you want. This measurement of a fan that seems to get done by those holier-than-thou is tiresome. Driven me away from contributing anymore. You made it about me by calling out who you perceive to be ‘fans’.

My life is more important than Hibs.
    Is almost like you expect something in return for your ‘sacrifice’.... jeezo!

HSL have been more than humble about the support they’ve received... what else do you expect?? They’ve even put your name on a shirt... that’s something special, but you obviously want more.

I don’t think many folk would say hibs are more important than most things in their life... not sure what point your making there... unless you are saying you have actively given money to HSL over more important aspects of your life... if that’s the case I think it’s a good thing you cancel as if you need to use the cash elsewhere then do so... football is not worth struggling financially for anyone.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Is almost like you expect something in return for your ‘sacrifice’.... jeezo!

HSL have been more than humble about the support they’ve received... what else do you expect?? They’ve even put your name on a shirt... that’s something special, but you obviously want more.

I don’t think many folk would say hibs are more important than most things in their life... not sure what point your making there... unless you are saying you have actively given money to HSL over more important aspects of your life... if that’s the case I think it’s a good thing you cancel as if you need to use the cash elsewhere then do so... football is not worth struggling financially for anyone.
    Where have I suggested anything in return? You’re now doing ‘sacrifice’ as well. You show a complete lack of respect.

HSL have been very respectful about situations etc. and they are doing a great job. Never said anything about that.

You however have done ‘sacrifice’ and ‘fans’ and seem to think you can judge any decisions I make regarding HSL. I’m done with it because of that. You have absolutely no right.

Just to clarify I’m not struggling financially but I’ve stopped my DD. Not putting up with this level of nonsense when I can have a bit extra in my wallet every month. Ludicrous to be critiqued for what is essentially a charitable donation.

@hibs.net private member
    I can’t speculate on your donation amount but unless you are sacrificing a hefty part of your pay packet then I wouldn’t call it a ‘sacrifice’ whatsoever.... and by calling it a sacrifice so often it makes one think you DO expect something in return...

Off you pop...

In fact the nonsense you’ve spouted for the past hour or so has inspired me to up my donations...

Where have I suggested anything in return? You’re now doing ‘sacrifice’ as well. You show a complete lack of respect.

HSL have been very respectful about situations etc. and they are doing a great job. Never said anything about that.

You however have done ‘sacrifice’ and ‘fans’ and seem to think you can judge any decisions I make regarding HSL. I’m done with it because of that. You have absolutely no right.

Just to clarify I’m not struggling financially but I’ve stopped my DD. Not putting up with this level of nonsense when I can have a bit extra in my wallet every month. Ludicrous to be critiqued for what is essentially a charitable donation.
    It’s not a charitable donation, it’s to help fund a football that is dear to all of us on here.

To stop contributing because you are struggling financially is completely understandable, to stop contributing because of one result or because you have taken offence to something an internet stranger has said is completely childish.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    I can’t speculate on your donation amount but unless you are sacrificing a hefty part of your pay packet then I wouldn’t call it a ‘sacrifice’ whatsoever.... and by calling it a sacrifice so often it makes one think you DO expect something in return...

Off you pop...

In fact the nonsense you’ve spouted for the past hour or so has inspired me to up my donations...
    Any money you do give is a sacrifice, even £5 a month is a coffee or a lunch. Maybe one should think in those terms on his pedestal. You are giving money you could spend elsewhere. You are sacrificing the choice by monthly sub that takes that money.

On you go super fan!