hibs.net Messageboard

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Ive contributed to HSL from the start but sadly for me my monthly income may reduce very soon. I may have to reconsider where my money goes. I will however renew my season ticket provided there is a payment plan again.
    Every one is different and I bear no ill will to anyone who stops at all.
    Lets live and let live

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ive contributed to HSL from the start but sadly for me my monthly income may reduce very soon. I may have to reconsider where my money goes. I will however renew my season ticket provided there is a payment plan again.
    Lets live and let live

Kaimendhibs
    Can we first of all say thank you very much for your support to date. As we have said many times before, we should always put things in context and if your donation to HSL is difficult, please don't make it. Supporters should only donate if it is spare cash that they won't miss.

Every one of your Directors and our other volunteers are all Hibs daft so we felt the pain of Saturday just like everyone else. Hampden Hoodoo, or whatever we want to call, it just hurts hard.

We do however have to move on. Hibernian Supporters Ltd is the second largest shareholder in the Club and from the outset we have taken that responsibility seriously. As with any other business, shareholding is for the long term and in our case, probably forever.

To all those supporters who have made a donation to the Campaign after 7.30pm on Saturday, thank you. It’s not easy to “buy” a ticket for a match that you know we have already lost. Prior to the result on Saturday we had high hopes of getting close to our target. Hitting our target would be great but as many others have said this initiative was simply about helping our Club through this difficult period and making more funds available to the Football Dept. We continue that Campaign as planned. We owe it to all the supporters who have helped us with this initiative. We owe that to our fellow supporters who are not Members of HSL and prefer to click the “donate only” button.

So, once again, can we appeal to all those who had intended to donate to this initiative and stick with us.

Hibernian Supporters

Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Lets live and let live

Kaimendhibs
    Can we first of all say thank you very much for your support to date. As we have said many times before, we should always put things in context and if your donation to HSL is difficult, please don't make it. Supporters should only donate if it is spare cash that they won't miss.

Every one of your Directors and our other volunteers are all Hibs daft so we felt the pain of Saturday just like everyone else. Hampden Hoodoo, or whatever we want to call, it just hurts hard.

We do however have to move on. Hibernian Supporters Ltd is the second largest shareholder in the Club and from the outset we have taken that responsibility seriously. As with any other business, shareholding is for the long term and in our case, probably forever.

To all those supporters who have made a donation to the Campaign after 7.30pm on Saturday, thank you. It’s not easy to “buy” a ticket for a match that you know we have already lost. Prior to the result on Saturday we had high hopes of getting close to our target. Hitting our target would be great but as many others have said this initiative was simply about helping our Club through this difficult period and making more funds available to the Football Dept. We continue that Campaign as planned. We owe it to all the supporters who have helped us with this initiative. We owe that to our fellow supporters who are not Members of HSL and prefer to click the “donate only” button.

So, once again, can we appeal to all those who had intended to donate to this initiative and stick with us.

Hibernian Supporters
    👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This is why results and performances like tonight are so damaging.

The guys at HSL have come up with a great idea and have really run with it. There was a bit of steam behind it and a win tonight would have seen us getting pretty close to the £100K. As it is all the momentum is stopped in it's tracks and there won't be one solitary one off donation made from this point on.

Clubs are always looking for fans to contribute that little bit more and more often than not the fans stand up and are counted when it matters. The club and team have to do their bit as well though and tonight they most certainly did not. I'm not one for threatening to not renew a ST or discontinue my HSL subscription or whatever but this is different. This is another bit extra over and above and it needs momentum. That doesn't exist now and thus the campaign will fizzle out rather than going from strength to strength.

Anyway well done to all involved for a very good effort. Hopefully when the dust settles we can run with something similar in future.
    Pretty Boy

We are sure that this is one of those occasions when you are delighted to be proved wrong.

Can we thank the supporters who have continued to make donations since Saturday night. Also, can we extend our thanks to St Giles Branch who have also donated post Saturday night.

We remain hopeful of donating a significant sum and can only hope that those supporters who had intended to donate come pay day still do so.

Once again, thank you to everyone who has donated thus far.

Hibernian Supporters

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55823170

Dundee United fans giving their club £100k. There a wealthy owner as well and never even got near a semi final.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55823170

Dundee United fans giving their club £100k. There a wealthy owner as well and never even got near a semi final.
    Don’t understand the model they have as a a fans group...

They gather money as a fans group and then vote whether to give it to club? Seems very strange, what’s the options on the ballot...

I’m sure these are funds that would’ve been for the fan group itself being repurposed or something but surely given pandemic the options were:

Give to club
    Save for rainy day

We are starting to see the impact of donations made last week on the banked total, which now sits at £40,506.

Thanks again to everyone who has donated this month and to those still planning to donate. The goal remains the same as it always has, to provide significant financial support to the club at an important time of a strange season.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    We are starting to see the impact of donations made last week on the banked total, which now sits at £40,506.

Thanks again to everyone who has donated this month and to those still planning to donate. The goal remains the same as it always has, to provide significant financial support to the club at an important time of a strange season.
    That's an excellent amount. Putting aside the garbage performance from the team, it's a tremendous effort from the fans.

And well done to HSL for the effort in promoting it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Pretty Boy

We are sure that this is one of those occasions when you are delighted to be proved wrong.

Can we thank the supporters who have continued to make donations since Saturday night. Also, can we extend our thanks to St Giles Branch who have also donated post Saturday night.

We remain hopeful of donating a significant sum and can only hope that those supporters who had intended to donate come pay day still do so.

Hibernian Supporters
    That's great news if folk have been continuing to donate after Saturday's dire result. They clearly manage to shake off disappointment/anger quicker than me! Fair play to them.

I paid my £25 last week and bearing in mind that Jack Ross said before the game that the players would be inspired by the fans' generosity when they took to the Hampden pitch I think we were entitled to feel extremely let down by them. Despite the ongoing loyalty from some, Pretty Boy is surely right to suggest there will be a significant decline in donations now and it might do the players no harm to be reminded of what their half-hearted second half display is costing the club.

First Team Breakthrough
    Maybe better bypassing the club and offering money as a bonus to the players.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by derekduval View Post
    Maybe better bypassing the club and offering money as a bonus to the players.
    A bonus for what 🙄

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    A bonus for what 🙄
    Maybe winning semi finals, obviously they would need to earn it 🙄

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    That's great news if folk have been continuing to donate after Saturday's dire result. They clearly manage to shake off disappointment/anger quicker than me! Fair play to them.

I paid my £25 last week and bearing in mind that Jack Ross said before the game that the players would be inspired by the fans' generosity when they took to the Hampden pitch I think we were entitled to feel extremely let down by them. Despite the ongoing loyalty from some, Pretty Boy is surely right to suggest there will be a significant decline in donations now and it might do the players no harm to be reminded of what their half-hearted second half display is costing the club.
    Sorry but you are so very wrong in referring to Pretty Boy's quote. I suggest you read his post again.

HLS came on and told people what was happening, not what Pretty Boy thought would happen.

No doubt Pretty Boy probably was feeling like the rest of us and probably was blowing off some steam. I'm sure his ire was directed at the team and not HSL.

When things are so raw and fragile just now during these troubling times, it helps not to create false negativity.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar

I’d like to take this opportunity to retract my cynicism. Great effort all contributors and organisers.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar

Well done to all concerned. The fans and HSL have done the club proud with this effort. A final total of £45.000 beckoning?

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Well done to all concerned. The fans and HSL have done the club proud with this effort. A final total of £45.000 beckoning?
    superfurryhibby

We are sure you will be very pleased to hear that we are managing to beat your estimate. To date we have banked over £46,000 with £000's more pending. As we said before it can take up to seven days for payments to wind their way through the system.

We have, as expected, seen a decline in donations as our momentum was impaired with the result. On the positive side we are incredibly heartened by all those fellow supporters who have stuck with their pledge and donated £25 from their pay. We are also still getting new Members joining, including a lump sum payment of £225 this morning ( you know who you are ).

As ever our aim remains the same, to give the Club a nice January boost at these very difficult times.

Hibernian Supporters

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    superfurryhibby

We are sure you will be very pleased to hear that we are managing to beat your estimate. To date we have banked over £46,000 with £000's more pending. As we said before it can take up to seven days for payments to wind their way through the system.

We have, as expected, seen a decline in donations as our momentum was impaired with the result. On the positive side we are incredibly heartened by all those fellow supporters who have stuck with their pledge and donated £25 from their pay. We are also still getting new Members joining, including a lump sum payment of £225 this morning ( you know who you are ).

As ever our aim remains the same, to give the Club a nice January boost at these very difficult times.

Hibernian Supporters
    Wow that is simply a superb effort and a huge positive for the club. Well done

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    superfurryhibby

Hibernian Supporters
    absolutely fantastic. Warms my heart on a dour january day.

Pretty Boy

Hibernian Supporters
    Fantastic news.

More than delighted to be wrong.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

superfurryhibby

Hibernian Supporters
    An incredible sum of money. 50k or there abouts is not to be sniffed at. Whoever donated that £225 take a bow.
    Well done to everyone who has embraced this campaign and who have been able to donate in these very uncertain times.
    Well done all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    absolutely fantastic. Warms my heart on a dour january day.
    Well done Hibbies! It's a remarkable effort by all concerned and especially considering the current financial climate.

Great stuff everyone. A performance from the fans to be proud of once again even if it’s not always matched on the pitch. Let’s hope we can break £50,000 - a huge amount of money for our club.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Great stuff everyone. A performance from the fans to be proud of once again even if it’s not always matched on the pitch. Let’s hope we can break £50,000 - a huge amount of money for our club.
    A great effort and the club's better off than it would have been without this initiative, so hopefully we see that reflected on the pitch soon.

It makes the result on Saturday even more frustrating, I think if we'd made it to the final this would have smashed the target.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    A great effort and the club's better off than it would have been without this initiative, so hopefully we see that reflected on the pitch soon.

It makes the result on Saturday even more frustrating, I think if we'd made it to the final this would have smashed the target.
    I was sceptical at first that we’d get anywhere near 100k but I think you’re right. Hibs fans have stepped up.

Yeah I think you’re right Matty, the momentum heading into the game on Saturday really felt like we’d have got there with a positive result and final to look forward to.

Still, a massive amount of money raised for the club at a really crap time for a lot of people.

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    The £25 payment that I set up last week's gone out my account today and I've set up my monthly payment again after a wee while when it wasn't as possible. Saturday was frustrating, but Hibs are about more than Saturday.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    The money that HS donates to our club is money that our club will use to make our team a better one. HS is leading the way in making our club a better one. The ‘Ants Army ‘ is mobilised to help our club in a time if great difficulty.

Pleased to confirm the Hampden campaign has now raised over £50,000 for the club.

We hope to be in a position to confirm a final total and make the prize draw on Monday 1st February.

Thanks as always for your support.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Pleased to confirm the Hampden campaign has now raised over £50,000 for the club.

We hope to be in a position to confirm a final total and make the prize draw on Monday 1st February.

👍🏿

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Well done the regular and the new January contributors