hibs.net Messageboard

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe some fans think they’ll just be let down again .... like the other semi final a few months ago?
    If that is their thinking then they should definitely be the ones donating!

This campaign is to raise additional funds for the football operations budget eg Signing new players!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Finally donated last night, had issues with my password initially but it went through okay once i got in and I got the confirmation email from gocardless this morning.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Donation made, very straightforward.

Given I won't be drunkenly scoffing pies at half time, I've probably only donated a portion of what I would have spent at Hampden but it all helps.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Already a monthly donater but another donation made to the cause today

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Understand why but shame this was 100k as I think it was a difficult ask to get us there at this time. Don’t know where all the wealthy Hibs fans are hiding

If we can hit 30k+ then I think it is good going. Even better if some become regular contributors, even £5 a month would be huge if all our ST holders put that in each month. I always think about money I would spend in shops etc., sometimes through “lavish” greed (normally food or drink while out...obviously not so much now!) and consider whether I’d be happier giving that £5 to Hibs. Not everyone is in the same situation and you need to do what is best for you.

Club can’t guarantee success but we’re starting to build a strong squad. I hope we can get more fans onside, only if they can afford of course!

Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    Maybe some fans think they’ll just be let down again .... like the other semi final a few months ago?
    Results come and go but this is about ensuring we come out the other end of the pandemic in a reasonably healthy state.
    Last edited by inglisavhibs; 21-01-2021 at 11:48 AM.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    That’s me planted the seed in a few pals heads about the donation as they hadn’t done it. I just said don’t want those hearts 🤡 laughing at us when we don’t hit the target. Let’s hope they do follow up and donate.

@hibs.net private member HONG KONG PHOOEY's Avatar
    Payment made at last 🇳🇬. Hopefully we raise a few quid through this and hopefully for the final too 🤞🙏

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    If you selected one off payment it will only be a one off payment according to Jim Adie.

It is entitled direct debit but it is not a recurring payment
    👍

Today's banked figure for the month is £21,633, which includes payments initiated up to around 14th January.

Keep spreading the word folks - texts, calls and messages to friends and family will go a long way to reaching every corner of our support.

There's been a really heartening flow of messages today from people making their donations - some regular contributors and others who have never contributed to Hibernian Supporters before.

A reminder of the ways to pay below:

Last edited by Daniel 1875; 21-01-2021 at 06:47 PM.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    I’ve posted something similar on the Killie thread but the current figure (albeit only up to 14th Jan) isn’t anything significantly more than we would expect it to be any other month without the initiative.

Great that HSL are trying, volunteering and pushing and also great that some are digging deep but it’s a bit underwhelming with two days to the game and maybe it was all just a bit too adventurous.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    Today's banked figure for the month is £21,633, which includes payments initiated up to around 14th January.

Keep spreading the word folks - texts, calls and messages to friends and family will go a long way to reaching every corner of our support.

There's been a really heartening flow of messages today from people making their donations - some regular contributors and others who have never contributed to Hibernian Supporters before.

A reminder of the ways to pay below:

O.K. then Dan,
    Maths is no my best subject but I reckon that the figure above is up to 14th Jan right.
    An average month (last month say) 30 whole days was around £21,250 right.
    So over a little less than half the time we have raised more than the whole of last month right.
    I call that bloody amazing, during a pandemic and everything that goes wi it.
    Tremendous effort by all and there is still another 17 days in Jan left to bring in cash from the people who can afford to give. Who says you need to stop after the game! We could well crack £50,000 or more so what is there to moan about or even a tiny whinge ffs. No time for pessimism we are all Hibs.

First Team Breakthrough MurrayfieldHibs's Avatar
    Well done for organising this initiative Daniel (and friends!).

That's another £30 in the pot.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    I’ve posted something similar on the Killie thread but the current figure (albeit only up to 14th Jan) isn’t anything significantly more than we would expect it to be any other month without the initiative.

Great that HSL are trying, volunteering and pushing and also great that some are digging deep but it’s a bit underwhelming with two days to the game and maybe it was all just a bit too adventurous.

Stop greeting eh. No even half way through the month yet. It’s a 5/6 week month for most after the most expensive time of year. See where we are at the end of the month. Sure you’ll be delighted if it doesn’t go much higher though

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post

What would the normal figure for 14th January be?

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDoidge View Post
    Stop greeting eh. No even half way through the month yet. It’s a 5/6 week month for most after the most expensive time of year. See where we are at the end of the month. Sure you’ll be delighted if it doesn’t go much higher though
    awfully unfair. The amount of work iggy did with the HSL badges and you think he wants it to fail?

hopefully the end figure for January will be our highest monthly contribution, even if it doesn’t reach 100k

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    awfully unfair. The amount of work iggy did with the HSL badges and you think he wants it to fail?

hopefully the end figure for January will be our highest monthly contribution, even if it doesn’t reach 100k
    Iggy has been a vocal supporter of HSL and this initiative as far as I can remember.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Adding £2k per day to the total would mean there's £15k in the pipeline so even stopping today could mean there's £35k raised already, Saturday £50k?
    I've noticed a lot more Facebook and Twitter activity since Saturday so it may be there's a higher figure already raised and of course a win could really keep things going.
    Well done to all involved!

I think this campaign is commendable and if we win this weekend I'd hope we keep it running for the final.

A couple of points I would make. Encouraging people to make a donation is great and it's certainly something I'm pleased to see people doing. However I think some people need to consider their tone a little bit. It's lean times for a lot of people and there's the odd comment on here and elsewhere that verges towards trying to shame people for not donating. I've donated but I had to really think about it, £25 isn't a throwaway amount of money for me at the moment and no matter how much I want Hibs to succeed there are other things that take priority.

Secondly very few people want this to fail. There are those who will never get onside with HSL and no amount of encouragement is going to change their minds. However the vast majority of people are at best supportive or at worst indifferent. I think there have been some valid points raised about the way the initiative has gone and that kind of feedback will hopefully be taken on board when different things are tried in the future.

On that note I would say that ambitious targets are always good. However when marketing any 'product' you have to create demand or at least the illusion of demand. An example of this in a footballing context would be the frenzy around tickets sales when they are going well. Dot counts pop up on here, Twitter, Facebook and suddenly no one wants to miss out. That in turn sees more people buy tickets, feeds the frenzy and continues to drive the demand. £100K was certainly an ambitious target and theoretically an achievable one but it was always going to rely on the support of people who, for one reason or another, aren't currently contributing to HSL. Over £20K and rising is nothing to be sniffed at but it probably lacks creating that frenzy or hysteria that people want to be part of, if we were closing in on a target people would feel more inclined to help push us over the line. There may be a lesson there that a more modest target in the future could be of potential benefit. If for no other reason than it gives the ability to market it as 'we smashed our target' rather than '25/30/35% of our target is still a good effort'. I would also argue that having a separate pot for the donations directly linked to any initiative would help differentiate it from the 'routine' monthly totals. Again that creates the impression of being part of something potentially special.

I hope that's taken in the constructive manner it was intended. The people who volunteer to help out HSL have really stepped up this season and I take my hat off to them.

One thing I would say is that it’s still early in the day to be judging the success of the campaign and/or reflecting on it.

The lag in payments clearing in the bank is unfortunately unavoidable but does mean that inevitably the numbers may not be as high as quickly as some would hope in relation to the match itself.

The reality is that we’ve more or less beaten the December contribution for the whole month within the first 14 days of the hardest month of the year for many people in normal circumstances, never mind during a pandemic.

We are tracking at around £2,000 a day which is significantly more than any month in the history of Hibernian Supporters - and this figure is made up of people contributing more than a week before the match we’re using as the focus of the fundraising and before the club database received an email about it.

This campaign will run until the end of the month whether we reach the cup final or not and the banked total will continue to rise between now and next Thursday even if £0 is donated on the website between now and then.

We won’t know the final success or otherwise of this until around 7th February when all payments are cleared. In the meantime we plan to keep beating the drum and keep encouraging those who can to donate while not belittling or embarrassing anyone who can’t - we hope we’ve kept the right tone so far in the hardest of times.

Thanks so much to everyone who has donated, commented, texted or tweeted so far - let’s hope we can make a significant different come the end of the campaign and regardless of the final total I hope everyone is proud of the magnificent efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaff View Post
    Adding £2k per day to the total would mean there's £15k in the pipeline so even stopping today could mean there's £35k raised already, Saturday £50k?
    I've noticed a lot more Facebook and Twitter activity since Saturday so it may be there's a higher figure already raised and of course a win could really keep things going.
    Well done to all involved!
    Kaff

You're not far off.

Can I confirm that around five minutes ago we had just over £24,000 in the pipeline. This refers to funds that are now in the process of being collected and should be with us over the next five days.

Can I take this opportunity, on behalf of everyone at HSL, to thank all our fellow supporters who are not Members/regular contributors of HSL who have very kindly donated to this initiative. While you may not want to or indeed are unable to join us, we are all Hibs supporters and in this case we are supporting a common goal - helping our Manager to get us into Europe.

On this occasion we have tried really hard to reach out to those supporters who are not our Members or indeed may not be Season Ticket holders but who would have gone to Hampden. If you are in that group, and you can afford it please go to www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

If you know fellow supporters who are in this group please feel free to text a pal or share on social media. We have many supporters who are waiting on payday before donating so with this in mind rest assured, with your help, this target is possible.

Like many other Clubs, our Club has suffered badly this season so if you are in a position to help please feel free to do so.

Jim Adie
    Hibernian Supporters

Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    Kaff

You're not far off.

Can I confirm that around five minutes ago we had just over £24,000 in the pipeline. This refers to funds that are now in the process of being collected and should be with us over the next five days.

Can I take this opportunity, on behalf of everyone at HSL, to thank all our fellow supporters who are not Members/regular contributors of HSL who have very kindly donated to this initiative. While you may not want to or indeed are unable to join us, we are all Hibs supporters and in this case we are supporting a common goal - helping our Manager to get us into Europe.

On this occasion we have tried really hard to reach out to those supporters who are not our Members or indeed may not be Season Ticket holders but who would have gone to Hampden. If you are in that group, and you can afford it please go to www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

If you know fellow supporters who are in this group please feel free to text a pal or share on social media. We have many supporters who are waiting on payday before donating so with this in mind rest assured, with your help, this target is possible.

Like many other Clubs, our Club has suffered badly this season so if you are in a position to help please feel free to do so.

Jim Adie
    Hibernian Supporters
    Great news Jim and Daniel, keep the good news coming.
    Going to be a significant sum of money raised.
    Club must be delighted with this backing

That is great news about the pipeline money, seems to be real momentum growing.

And I said it before (I’m not superstitious), get a good result on Saturday and push the campaign immediately the final whistle goes, plenty money could be added.

Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    Kaff

You're not far off.

Jim Adie
    Hibernian Supporters
    £24k that’s still looking like being added to the £21k already collected if payments are successful Jim? That’s outstanding. A great effort and still time to keep pushing. Like mentioned above, no shame if people can’t donate but no harm in making people aware. Regardless if it hits £100k, it’s already been a massive success.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I think this campaign is commendable and if we win this weekend I'd hope we keep it running for the final.

A couple of points I would make. Encouraging people to make a donation is great and it's certainly something I'm pleased to see people doing. However I think some people need to consider their tone a little bit. It's lean times for a lot of people and there's the odd comment on here and elsewhere that verges towards trying to shame people for not donating. I've donated but I had to really think about it, £25 isn't a throwaway amount of money for me at the moment and no matter how much I want Hibs to succeed there are other things that take priority.

Secondly very few people want this to fail. There are those who will never get onside with HSL and no amount of encouragement is going to change their minds. However the vast majority of people are at best supportive or at worst indifferent. I think there have been some valid points raised about the way the initiative has gone and that kind of feedback will hopefully be taken on board when different things are tried in the future.

On that note I would say that ambitious targets are always good. However when marketing any 'product' you have to create demand or at least the illusion of demand. An example of this in a footballing context would be the frenzy around tickets sales when they are going well. Dot counts pop up on here, Twitter, Facebook and suddenly no one wants to miss out. That in turn sees more people buy tickets, feeds the frenzy and continues to drive the demand. £100K was certainly an ambitious target and theoretically an achievable one but it was always going to rely on the support of people who, for one reason or another, aren't currently contributing to HSL. Over £20K and rising is nothing to be sniffed at but it probably lacks creating that frenzy or hysteria that people want to be part of, if we were closing in on a target people would feel more inclined to help push us over the line. There may be a lesson there that a more modest target in the future could be of potential benefit. If for no other reason than it gives the ability to market it as 'we smashed our target' rather than '25/30/35% of our target is still a good effort'. I would also argue that having a separate pot for the donations directly linked to any initiative would help differentiate it from the 'routine' monthly totals. Again that creates the impression of being part of something potentially special.

I hope that's taken in the constructive manner it was intended. The people who volunteer to help out HSL have really stepped up this season and I take my hat off to them.
    Hope I'm not one that needs to watch tone. Apologies to you and anyone else if I am. The "only what you can afford to give" is one of the best things about HSL and the general messaging. To be perfectly honest if that wasn't the message I think it wouldn't be in keeping with what I want anything "Hibs" to be about. I want Hibs to be successful but I don't want anything, especially something substantial like this, to lose the social responsibility aspect.

Hope we can keep the positivity going in this campaign but I equally hope everyone looks after their own lives first. Id prefer we came out of all this with 13k+ healthy fans turning up to the games every other week than anybody putting themselves financially out now. Only give if you can should remain the message!

I agree that the volunteers deserve much credit for taking this on, great job all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Hope I'm not one that needs to watch tone. Apologies to you and anyone else if I am. The "only what you can afford to give" is one of the best things about HSL and the general messaging. To be perfectly honest if that wasn't the message I think it wouldn't be in keeping with what I want anything "Hibs" to be about. I want Hibs to be successful but I don't want anything, especially something substantial like this, to lose the social responsibility aspect.

Hope we can keep the positivity going in this campaign but I equally hope everyone looks after their own lives first. Id prefer we came out of all this with 13k+ healthy fans turning up to the games every other week than anybody putting themselves financially out now. Only give if you can should remain the message!

I agree that the volunteers deserve much credit for taking this on, great job all involved.
    Wasn't aimed at anyone as an individual. Just a general comment on a couple of things I've read over the last couple of days on various platforms. Nothing that has been said has been explicitly wrong but I think there can be subtle differences in how things are said that changes how they are perceived.

To clarify my own post I want to be clear I'm not looking to be negative about this campaign. It's a great effort both from those involved in organising and those contributing. Whatever happens from here on in with £45-50K minimum looking likely then it's been a success. I just think it's always healthy to reflect on how something is going throughout and how it has gone after the event to ensure that success is replicated or improved upon in future.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Having read, followed and supported the campaign and this thread, I sense a slight overreaction here. A couple of slightly out the of context posts, particularly later on this page, but I would beg to differ and say there is very little to be concerned about in respect of tone. For this madhouse it’s pretty mild overall, with much to commend the approach to “encouragement”.

Lets keep this thread at the top!
    GGTTH

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Donated today.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    It's for the whole month of January, right? So we might see a surge in donations if we win on Saturday.

Either way myself and three mates made our payments last night, expected to come out on the 27th I think it said.

Let's keep this going!