hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    That’s my donation made 🇳🇬
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Daniel I think it would help the momentum if you could give an update on where we are
    We were at £16705 yesterday, I was waiting until today’s figure coming through before updating but I don’t have it yet.

Note payments are taking around 7 days to filter through to the bank account from GoCardless and Stripe.
    Last edited by Daniel 1875; 19-01-2021 at 07:13 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Can’t make one-off payment as “no mandate exists”. Bonkers one is needed for a single payment and again backs-up my point earlier in the thread. I would like to understand the reluctance of introducing other, easier, more accessible, free and modern solutions?

Are there bank details I can send to instead? Or PayPal?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Rhoades View Post
    Can’t make one-off payment as “no mandate exists”. Bonkers one is needed for a single payment and again backs-up my point earlier in the thread. I would like to understand the reluctance of introducing other, easier, more accessible, free and modern solutions?

Are there bank details I can send to instead? Or PayPal?
    Chuck, you can pay by card via Stripe (similar to Paypal) by clicking here and selecting the 'Single payments' tab.

GoCardless is one of the best direct debit collecting systems available, as Hibernian Supporters mostly serves as a way to collect regular monthly payments from fans this is the main way to pay. It also collects a lower % of every transaction than other providers meaning more money goes to the club.

Paypal is free to use as an individual but there are fees incurred when being used by an organisation. Hibernian Supporters used to have Paypal but changed to Stripe a couple of years ago as the fees are lower.

Thanks for your support.
    Last edited by Daniel 1875; 19-01-2021 at 07:12 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    Chuck, you can pay by card via Stripe (similar to Paypal) by clicking here and selecting the 'Single payments' tab.

GoCardless is one of the best direct debit collecting systems available, as Hibernian Supporters mostly serves as a way to collect regular monthly payments from fans this is the main way to pay. It also collects a lower % of every transaction than other providers meaning more money goes to the club.

Paypal is free to use as an individual but there are fees incurred when being used by an organisation. Hibernian Supporters used to have Paypal but changed to Stripe a couple of years ago as the fees are lower.

Thanks for your support.
    Done - Stripe was straightforward actually. Useful. Thanks

£25 donation made, plus my monthly £10 which will come off next week. Hopefully we reach the target, but even half would be a good amount.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Mainwaring View Post
    As a point of reference, and as a target to smash, the Federation of Hearts initiative to raise funds in a similar way for the SC final has its own thread on Kickback

Despite the Cup Final being played on 20 December - they have yet to announce how much their virtual Cup final tickets raised but estimates from the difference in their Nov - v - Dec totals estimate they raised less than £9k

Not having a pop at this amount as these are difficult times but we can do much better than this surely!?!
    Hope we can keep up the momentum irrespective of what they did as it reads like we’ve still a good bit to do to make the difference to our own monthly pot, hopefully still early days.

It is irrelevant what the unwashed from gorgy have done or will do, all that matters is what we the Hibernian support do, if you can afford it then this is a great way to contribute.
    **** the hertz and all who play for them and support them.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

Thanks for your support.
    I tried the card option, to be told that my "email address already exists"

Will you take a cheque? 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I tried the card option, to be told that my "email address already exists"

Will you take a cheque? 🙄
    If you already have an account with Hibernian Supporters you can reset your password by clicking here. Once logged in you should be able to follow the 'Make a one-off payment' drop down menu to contribute. If you have any issues don't hesitate to send me a PM and we'll get it sorted.

If you already have an account with Hibernian Supporters you can reset your password by clicking here. Once logged in you should be able to follow the 'Make a one-off payment' drop down menu to contribute. If you have any issues don't hesitate to send me a PM and we'll get it sorted.
    I can log in to my account . When I try to make a one off payment that way, I am told that no mandate exists.

I have been trying for over a week now. I've sent 2 messages through the website asking for help, without reply.

I can log in to my account . When I try to make a one off payment that way, I am told that no mandate exists.

I have been trying for over a week now. I've sent 2 messages through the website asking for help, without reply.
    You can reinitiate your mandate with GoCardless by following this link, it may have lapsed which is why you’re receiving the error message.

You can reinitiate your mandate with GoCardless by following this link, it may have lapsed which is why you’re receiving the error message.
    I've done that, and get the same "no mandate" message. How long does the DD take to be set up?

I've done that, and get the same "no mandate" message. How long does the DD take to be set up?
    It’s dependant on your bank authorising the direct debit mandate but it should be done fairly quickly.

You should get an email from GoCardless titled ‘You’ve set up a direct debit’ saying the mandate has been set up and once you have that you’ll be able to make a one off payment after logging in.

Cropley
    we have had many emails over the last week. Can you please retry and refer to your Hibs Net tag.

Hibernian Supporters

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Hi CWG, I had same problem I had to untick log in and tick the donate button underneath. When you actually enter payment details it recognises you as it has your details, it could be better but it does work

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    That’s me donated the £25 .ggtth

Done, payment made
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

First Team Breakthrough
    Donation paid.

Brilliant stuff folks!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    good to see more donations going in. I'll be donating on payday this month above my regular contribution that's in. Really want to see this succeed!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

First Team Breakthrough muzzando's Avatar
    Donation paid. Comes out of my account on the 25th according to my email

Brilliant efforts 👏 👌 My donation made too

Great to see donations coming in thick and fast. If you can send off a few texts before the weekend to fans who you might have been going to the game with to let them know what’s going on it will make a big difference.

It looks like we’re getting the message to those on social media, forums and by email but with Covid there is certainly a section of Hibees not online who we’d love to get the message to. The only way we can do that at the moment is by word of mouth - every conversation counts!

Keep up the good work all.

We were at £16705 yesterday, I was waiting until today’s figure coming through before updating but I don’t have it yet.

Note payments are taking around 7 days to filter through to the bank account from GoCardless and Stripe.
    I have linked my accounts but when I open the link to pay as a member it asks for e-mail and password. I use my normal e-mail and password but it comes up with an error message saying that details not compatible. Any help would be appreciated.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Great effort by all concerned, hopefully it’s gathering momentum.

Slightly concerned that the issues with making payments can’t be resolved. Any obstacle to parting me with my cash is always a challenge. A lot of folk highlighting stuff that shouldn’t be hard to overcome, but could deter.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Donated last night.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Great effort by all concerned, hopefully it’s gathering momentum.

Slightly concerned that the issues with making payments can’t be resolved. Any obstacle to parting me with my cash is always a challenge. A lot of folk highlighting stuff that shouldn’t be hard to overcome, but could deter.
    We’ve yet to find an issue which can’t be resolved pretty quickly - more than happy to point folk in the right direction if there’s any problems.

Just donated £30 a fraction of what I would of spent buying tickets and day out in Glasgow (which I would love to have been able to do like all fellow hibbys) cmon let’s do this guys great idea

@hibs.net private member brythehibby's Avatar
    £25 donation made. Great effort and really good idea. Here's hoping we get the win Saturday and it can be a success story on both fronts